• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats a simple RPG game you can recommend?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    haha, nice. Giygas is one of the coolest final bosses ever.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!" {:3}

I liked Giygas a whole lot

Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Check out the work by Zeboyd Games!

They do great JRPG-style games and they're all between 10 and 20 hours long, so they're made to be really digestible. Their plots are never anything to write home about, but they have a good sense of humour so there's lots of funny parts in each game. (One game, Cthulu Saves the World, even has a blatant Team Rocket reference, complete with a motto!)

But the best part of their games is always the battle systems. For most of them, you heal HP/MP between battles so you can go all-out in every single battle. In Cosmic Star Heroine, even items were replenished after every battle! It's exhilarating to not have to futz around worrying about micromanaging everything. You can play every fight as if it's the final boss fight with nothing to lose.

Their latest game, Cosmic Star Heroine, is REALLY GOOD. I loved it a lot. They also did the last two Penny Arcade games, and those are even funnier because of Tycho's top notch writing. The only game of theirs I haven't played yet is Breath of Death VII but my brother seemed to enjoy it when he played. Because of how short the games are, they're pretty cheap, too, with the BODVII and CSTW often being bundled together for like $1. So even if you end up not liking it, it's not a huge investment or anything.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I mentioned not bumping this, but I think it's very worth it to bring up that he's gotten into Pokemon.

He finished Fire Red, Silver, Sun, and wants to play X or Y. He's even planning a Pokemon Halloween costume.

For Christmas, I'll get him Omega Ruby, and I'll buy the other version. Then we can trade and do other stuff.

Other than that, we finished the entire Mother series.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If he enjoyed the Mother series, do you think he'll be interested in Undertale? He may not stumble on Pacifist/Genocide on his own right away, but even the Neutral might be worth getting into.

I suppose that would be a while away anyway, sounds like he will be preoccupied with Pokemon for a while, haha.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If he enjoyed the Mother series, do you think he'll be interested in Undertale? He may not stumble on Pacifist/Genocide on his own right away, but even the Neutral might be worth getting into.

I suppose that would be a while away anyway, sounds like he will be preoccupied with Pokemon for a while, haha.

He's very aware of Undertale. I'm not sure if he's finished it, but he's definitely seen videos on Youtube. He has talked about the Genocide path. He described it as "Not very nice, I wouldn't want to do it".

I'll ask him about Undertale. I doubt he's played through the entire game, but it's on his computer. I could see him getting frustrated with the combat system, but I could always assist him.

But yes, I'm very happy he's gotten into Pokemon. It's good for me as well, since I have someone to share the interest with.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    Golden is a good simple JRPG, on the Gameboy Advance, and DS.

The GBA ones are the better one.
    When you finish the first one, you can transfer your save onto the second one, and use all your team from the first one halfway through the second one~!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Pokemon's the most 'simple' rpg i know....a lot of others I know seem kinda complex?

Well, i duno, maybe digimon rpgs are kinda simple too. I haven't played them much, but they are e for everyones, i think xD

Back