• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PAL vs. NTSC

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    I own some gaming consoles (PSP, Game Boy, DS and so on) and also some games as well, especially Pokémon games and PSP games.

So now I have a question:
    What's the difference between PAL and NTSC gaming consoles? Or, in other words: How can i tell if a gaming console is whether PAL or whether NTSC? Can anyone tell me?

Cid

Years
  • I have to sleep since it's 1:28am where I live right now but here's two links I saw after doing a quick search. Hope someone else manages to answer your question!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • afaik NTSC is primairily US and Japan based while PAL is for other countires, something to do with how TV's were made in different sections of the world back in the day

if you have a console from Japan or the US chances are high if not guaranteed its NTSC, PAL for the rest

NTSC does support a higher refresh rate at 60hz compared to PAL's 50hz

Back