• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Cooking Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
  • I'm no chef but I like to cook quite a lot and thought that it would be nice if there are other people who are interested to have a club where we talk about cooking in general.

We could share what we've done(successes and failures both), talk about different recipes or different methods of cooking, or even give tips if someone is interested in starting.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I try to learn it a lot due to eventually having to live on my own and I dont think I can live off of microwave food so there is no other solution haha.

Although not the greatest at it, last week tried to make some pasta and it ended up being glue

the_fast_reader

Years
  • How much did you cook them?
    Did you boil the water first and then throw the pasta in it or all together?

Pasta really shouldn't cook more than 12-13 minutes, it breaks down and becomes all slimy after that.

the_fast_reader

Years
  • That's weird then, the salt shouldn't really influence things, on the opposite, some salt is good.

Maybe it was the kind of pasta?

And there's no reason to feel ashamed! I burned or ruined way too many things (still ate it )because I got distracted a second, it's part of the learning experience.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I would like to join this club too! I'm not much of a cook but I've proven myself to be quite the baker! :D I love the chemistry of cooking and I love experimenting with new recipes.

Years
  • i actually love the idea of this club :D i've tried making cooking/recipe topics happen in OT but they rarely get any replies. count me in!! i love cooking

the_fast_reader

Years
  • Happy to see that people are interested!! I will update the first post later to keep track of "members" and I've been thinking about some topics to discuss or even "challenges" to hold (stuff like "cook a meal with X ingredient and report your result") to inspire people.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    This challenge idea sounds really interesting! One of my favorite aspects of cooking is experimenting, this could be fun to do

the_fast_reader

Years
  • I haven't had much time this month but I wanted to leave a little conversation starter for now:

Did you ever just throw something together and it ended up tasting way better than expected? What was it?

The first "challenge" (I keep calling them that but it's not like there's really a competition) is going to be posted in October!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I haven't had much time this month but I wanted to leave a little conversation starter for now:

Did you ever just throw something together and it ended up tasting way better than expected? What was it?

The first "challenge" (I keep calling them that but it's not like there's really a competition) is going to be posted in October!

Looking forward to the challenge!

as for the convo topic: Yes I once had spaghetti and then threw some fried snacks along the way since I had no proper meat in the fridge (it was like the last day I'd be home alone and I could not be arsed to run to the store. I also added some whiskey sauce since whiskey sauce makes everything better surprisingly enough, it's my big secret.

I ended up emptying the entire bottle on accident though so it was more like I had whiskey sauce with food than food with sauce. Ended up really well together unlike what I expected it to be.

Then there are also times where at the last day of our vacation in France, we just threw every single leftover food together to make an abomination... that is a whole different story

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm no chef but I like to cook quite a lot and thought that it would be nice if there are other people who are interested to have a club where we talk about cooking in general.

We could share what we've done(successes and failures both), talk about different recipes or different methods of cooking, or even give tips if someone is interested in starting.

Are you still running this club?

Cooking is a hobby of mine in general and I would love to hear more about culinary experiences!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back