• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite character designs (in your opinion)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Was bored, made list. What characters on the show do you all find to be just unpleasant to look at?

Last edited by a moderator:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • None of them! Again, "ugly" is a stupid subjective word that people use to make them feel better about themselves. So, no characters in the Pokémon anime are ugly, the end.

Mayy

The Princess of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2021
    I guess Nini from XY could be ugly, other than that I cant think of any other characters that could be considered ugly.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • In terms of minor characters I'd say that Hamilton from DP (green-haired version), Nini from XY and Leon from BW are among the ugliest ones. In terms of main characters I'd go with Lana because God her eyes give me nightmares.

Last edited:

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    What a mean-spirited thread... well, I guess it beats a bunch of folks talking about which child character is more attractive. :P

Spoiler:

And really, Nini? Is it just because she's chubby or has big lips? In terms of unfortunate design, the only thing that ever stood out to me were things like drawing those huge lips that easily looks racist (Jump back in AG) orrr over-the-top anime hairstyles that don't work (Makoto/Verity looks cuter with her hair down, it was really surprising, her usual hairstyle threw off her whole design, if she kept it down, it'd look more natural and better ^^;;;;).

The only thing I'd ever think is ugly is bad character design choices, anime characters are typically drawn in an appealing way, characters like Leon (who, by the way, is a parody of Iyami from Osomatsu-kun, and therefore meant to look outrageous) are of the few drawn specifically to look bad:
    leon.png
    iyami.png

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • What a mean-spirited thread...

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!

----

Anyway, Nini isn't ugly. This thread is ugly and spiteful. Honestly, it was good on Pokemon to introduce a character that isn't the "ideal body type" who wanted to compete for Princess Keys, and fucking shame on the people who are calling her or any character in this thread ugly. There's literally nothing wrong with chubby characters or a different lip design.

Anyway, I'm done, I'll go now.

Last edited:

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • Cilan's defo in the top three most ugly character designs. His bright green hair and weird eyes just make him look like a character from a completely different show. The next two ugliest character designs would have to be the villain from the Bibarel episode and Grandma Wilma from the Gible episode.

And really, Nini? Is it just because she's chubby or has big lips?

Her lips have their own zip code.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hi! So i went ahead and changed the title to this thread to "least favorite character designs" to make this thread a bit less mean spirited! I think thats a much nicer way to put it, dont you?

Continue on :)

Back