• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    This morning I powered up my iPod Touch 5th Gen for the first time since October 17th.. and it was purely dead because the time it showed was the last time it was successfully powered on. Obviously it corrected itself once it decided to find an internet connection. :P

Then after that, 38 total app updates. Yikes.

You're doing better than me at least.

My Lumia 930 decided to croak this night and no amount of button-holding or charging could wake it up. Seems like its time is up now.

At least now I have an excuse to buy a new phone now.

Years
  • You're doing better than me at least.

My Lumia 930 decided to croak this night and no amount of button-holding or charging could wake it up. Seems like its time is up now.

At least now I have an excuse to buy a new phone now.
    Fortunately your Lumia 930 held up for that long. :)

My 520 hit the gutter months ago when the SIM card slot pins got bent after I removed the SIM card from it.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Fortunately your Lumia 930 held up for that long. :)

My 520 hit the gutter months ago when the SIM card slot pins got bent after I removed the SIM card from it.

Aww, sad to hear. They seem to just not make them like they used to.

If there's any consolation, after discussing with my father about my phone that decided to die, I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge in Blue Coral. It's coming with a free Gear VR, too. This is way too good to pass up on.

I think I'm in for a wild ride :D

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    So I've discovered that Spotify Free can do the job just as well as Spotify Premium. :)

I have yet to try out Spotify. I probably should if I get the chance to do so, though I think it's probably going to eat quite the big amount of data in the long term.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'll assume this is your mobile connection and not primary, right? If not, then that's awfully low.

Haha, my home ADSL connection is as unlimited as it gets. Everythinf seems small compared to, well, infinity.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    You should come to Canada. There's nothing here over 8GB as far as I've seen. My home is limited to 250GB/month at 100 down (Although we get 110 actually)/10 up.

What's with these unusually low home Internet data caps in Canada, by the way?

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Speaking of data caps, I finally got through the services outages and got a look at data as measured by my mobile operator. For a while their servicing web site wasn't available.

They silently upgraded my plan into an 8 GB one :O

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Perhaps those service outages were planned infrastructure upgrades? I was originally on 40 Mbps internet and one day had an upgrade to 110 at home.

Nice! Is this just a courtesy or is it permanent?

Went ahead and checked exactly what's going on there.

Seems like the baseline is now 6 GB instead of 3 GB while the state-specific 2 GB bonus stayed in giving me a net gain of 3 GB extra data per month at a minimum. Leftover data allowances were also raised to 2 GB maximum.

Also noticed that I'm part of their music streaming plans. Spotify is part of it. 15 GB just for music streaming... counted separately until it's exhausted... heh, looks like I might need to download Spotify and see what it's about since I have the data to spare.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Am I weird for wanting a new computer case because it looks great or it is roomier? Sometimes it feels like my computer would benefit a lot from not going with a valur option next time.

Years
  • Sometimes I just want to stick another stock motherboard into my dead HP tower to get it running again...

Either that, or learn how to solder and just replace the damn capacitor that's blown on it. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'd probably go with it if it's a roomier case. It'd allow for better airflow if you're not using any forms of liquid cooling which will reduce your overall temperature, and you can get larger components and not have to worry about space restrictions (That is, until the motherboard comes into play at least...).

I probably could - more space, more air, better airflow and venting, not wasting fan mounts while liquid cooling at the back, and more video card clearance for potential multi-GPU setups.

It's nowhere near necessary with my current setup, though.

Definitelt could use a flashier, brighter case, though. The Corsair Carbide 100R feels a bit too understated for its own good in my opinion.

Sometimes I just want to stick another stock motherboard into my dead HP tower to get it running again...

Either that, or learn how to solder and just replace the damn capacitor that's blown on it. :P

Probably a good opportunity to learn how to solder stuff, too. Just be very careful doing that - don't want burns, do we?

Years
  • Probably a good opportunity to learn how to solder stuff, too. Just be very careful doing that - don't want burns, do we?
    I've been around a solder iron in the past and the smell is what bothered me the most, and not necessarily the heat.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I've been around a solder iron in the past and the smell is what bothered me the most, and not necessarily the heat.

Hah, now you're reminding me of my secondary school days and a cheap soldering iron. I could never make a fully functional electronic circuit... I'm too sloppy.

Years
  • I see I'm not alone in being a sloppy solderer. Had a hard time getting the perfect amount.

Also, can I brag about my home internet? I got myself a new router to replace the ancient Linksys WRT 54G that I put in just to get me internet. Everything is significantly faster now.

5904318756.png

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I see I'm not alone in being a sloppy solderer. Had a hard time getting the perfect amount.

Also, can I brag about my home internet? I got myself a new router to replace the ancient Linksys WRT 54G that I put in just to get me internet. Everything is significantly faster now.

5904318756.png

Hehe.

What was holding you from just buying a new router years back? 802.11g is positively old at this point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back