• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Anyone else think Apple's proposal to remove the headphone jack from iPhones is impractical, greedy, arrogant, and downright stupid?

I think that will definitely come to bite Apple back (get it?), because people like listening to their music and this is Apple's trick to encourage people to splurge on those expensive wireless headphones. But, it appears the iPhone7 isn't the first phone to have had no headphone jack.

Years
  • I think that will definitely come to bite Apple back (get it?), because people like listening to their music and this is Apple's trick to encourage people to splurge on those expensive wireless headphones. But, it appears the iPhone7 isn't the first phone to have had no headphone jack.
    I'd be inclined to disagree at this point, especially considering that multiple carriers in the US are reporting record pre-sales with the iPhone 7.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    But it's just because it's new. Once people realize within the weeks that it's released how cumbersome the adapter is it'll start to drop. Besides, phones always seem to attract record-setting pre-orders because the camera has 2 more megapixels and the processor is 5% better so it's not really surprising.

95% of the time the adapter won't be needed since the shipping headphones are Lightning. For the other 5%, the adapter really isn't that cumbersome.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Had been using this Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 phone for few weeks from now, being a budget $200 USD phone it is a great surprise that the processor is quite high-end and the UI of the phone , MIUI is very fluent and simple. Also, with a 4000 mah battery this phone can go full usage of a day and charged pretty fast with 2 hours.

Definite a good phone to go!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Isn't it fun when you have a laptop that has problems, most crucially thermal shutdowns, in addition to generally high CPU usage?

Let's see... I had to disassemble an entire HP laptop just to get the dust out of its heat sink, reapply thermal compound on three different spots, assemble it back again (and breaking the internal microphone cable, so the laptop's mic's useless), and then boot it up again to unset the full-disk compression that was somehow enabled on that laptop.

This is going to take a very long time...

Years
  • 5630992242.png

dat upload speed tho

Years
  • It's too bad with my school's network. Their authentication is through username/password authentication via WPA2-AES instead of having an authentication page in the browser. With that method, I can't use my 3DS on the network. :/

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Tsutarja said:

You can use an app on your computer such as Connectify to securely "share" your school's wireless to wireless devices that are simply incapable of WPA2 Enterprise encryption methods. Make sure the password on your Connectify hotspot is nice, long, secure and random. SometimesEvenPasswordsLikeThisDoWondersAndAreEasyToRememberAndType, as an example.

Years
  • You can use an app on your computer such as Connectify to securely "share" your school's wireless to wireless devices that are simply incapable of WPA2 Enterprise encryption methods. Make sure the password on your Connectify hotspot is nice, long, secure and random. SometimesEvenPasswordsLikeThisDoWondersAndAreEasyToRememberAndType, as an example.
    I'm not gonna pay for software just to do that.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • So iTunes had an update, would not let me accept the terms of service, and now Apple Music will not work properly on my computer. Great stuff Apple.

Years
  • rant:

I really don't like my ISP. I don't like them at all.

But alas, they have a monopoly on just about all of Central Florida and all of the other choices (lol Comcast, LOL AT&T) are worse.
    lol, I hear ya on that one!

Back then, Tampa had Verizon as an option. They were always preferred over Bright House. Nowadays, it's Bright House or Frontier and it's pretty much pick your poison at this point.

Also, any day now Charter Spectrum is going to be introduced to central Florida.

So iTunes had an update, would not let me accept the terms of service, and now Apple Music will not work properly on my computer. Great stuff Apple.
    Is it still doing this now?

EC

Years
    • Age 32
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Losing out not making this the splash image for this section.

eucbjvunrfqvxhxzavyg.gif

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm seriously considering getting a UPS now that there seems to be quite a lot of power outages lately... aw.

On another topic, anything interesting with regard to computing lately?

Years
  • I'm seriously considering getting a UPS now that there seems to be quite a lot of power outages lately... aw.

On another topic, anything interesting with regard to computing lately?
    Not only does a UPS allow for continued computer use during a power outage/lack of disruption, but they're also great for taking the effects of a power surge instead of the computer itself.

Hmm, anything new? Other than me learning Visual Basic, not much for me to report. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Not only does a UPS allow for continued computer use during a power outage/lack of disruption, but they're also great for taking the effects of a power surge instead of the computer itself.

I'm just wondering what I should look for - ideally the UPS should be able to keep my desktop powered on even when at the middle of a game.

Years
  • I'm just wondering what I should look for - ideally the UPS should be able to keep my desktop powered on even when at the middle of a game.
    Hmm, well if APC units are available where you are, give them a look. they're a pretty cool brand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back