• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that make time "Fly"?

Years
    • Seen today
    Which games can make you lose track of hours?

Most of the time, I can only play something for an hour before getting bored. There's been certain games that I've gotten into, that I could play for 6+ hours without realizing it.

When Grand Theft Auto 5 released, I would get home from school and play until it was dark outside, often not even noticing. (As I got older, it lost that effect.)

I've only played through the Metal Gear series once, but I'd usually beat the entire games within a couple days.

I get really into the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, even when I'm replaying the story.

When I was 13-14 playing Red Dead Redemption, I could lose hours playing it. It doesn't happen anymore, but I can still lose track of time playing the card games.

pkmin3033

Any game I enjoy can do this to me. When I get really absorbed in a game I can spend hours on it without really noticing...or at least, that was how I used to be. These days I don't typically play for longer than an hour at a time, because nothing is good enough to keep my attention for much longer.

I suppose if I had to name three exceptions to this in the last three years, it'd be Hyrule Warriors, Monster Hunter Generations, and Tales of Berseria. I've lost whole days to those without really being aware of how long I've been playing.

Years
  • For me, it's the FPS genre, even games like team fortress 2 or counter-strike can make me play it for like 1 hour or idk.
    They practically incentive you to play them almost so many times.
    But that doens't mean that any genre will do the same as FPS do.
    Like platformers, platform games like mario is fun but is just not fun enough for me to keep playing it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Factorio is notorious for making people not realize they've been playing for 3 days straight

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I tend to play game some hours before closing it. But the one I know I can play a lot without realizing it is Stardew Valley. If I want to play a game for an hour as a break or before bed, I know I can't go with Stardew Valley because I will not be able to close it.

TY

There is only one game for me that is so notorious for it...

Civilization

Before you know it its 4 am and you're like

JUST ONE MORE TURN ITS OK

Back