• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first tournament? need help :)

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • Hey there!!

So... my University is finally having a Pokemon tournament! It is on showdown tho... not myf favorite but hey I can't do anything about that.

I love Pokemon battling, but I am not very good... I would like to know if some member here want to take some time to not only battle me, but willing to give me advice at the end?? :) I take critics well hehe, but please don't be mean XD

I am not very good to make a team too (my favorite part - and the one I am better to - is breeding and it's the only one I can't do on showdown...)

These are the Pokemon I do use often, so I know them better maybe. But still, I accept any recommendation!

*please note that I don't use traditionnal pokemon hehe

Mienshao
    Spoiler:

Umbreon
    Spoiler:

Grandbull
    Spoiler:

Machamp
    Spoiler:

Bastiodon
    Spoiler:

Arcanine
    Spoiler:

Tauros
    Spoiler:

Dragalge
    Spoiler:

Gyarados
    Spoiler:

Aggron
    Spoiler:

Glaceon
    Spoiler:

Weavile
    Spoiler:

Gothitelle
    Spoiler:

Amoongus
    Spoiler:

Reuniculus
    Spoiler:

Archeops
    Spoiler:

Cloyster
    Spoiler:

Froslass
    Spoiler:

Exploud
    Spoiler:

Sceptile
    Spoiler:

*lanturn and jolteon with volt absorbe and discharge, if it's a double battle.

I take any opinion and recommendations! :)

I know I am not great :( but I still love it tho hehe. I don't care to win or lose, but this situation is special because it's my university, their LAN party and the first ever Pokemon tournament!!
    Thanks for any help <3

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Do you know what format and rules this tournament will be using? There's a pretty significant difference between say, OU and VGC, and that does affect the advice and stuff we can tell you.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Do you know what format and rules this tournament will be using? There's a pretty significant difference between say, OU and VGC, and that does affect the advice and stuff we can tell you.

There's no detail at the moment but it will probably be OU.

Turn out... we're not sure if it's a tournament anymore XP someone in the organisation f the LAN said it will be a tournament, but finally it's more like a "free zone" where we can play. Still, any advice will be nice since I love to play but I am not very good X3

So if it's a free zone I suppose everybody will play OU, since OU is more popular here than VGC I think.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Considering that it's university, you may need to ready yourself to face opponents who actually know what they're doing. That's especially important to know if you insist on using non-traditional mons.

Suppose, what you could do is look for an already finished team on Smogon and try to familiarize yourself with it and its playstyle. Seems to be your best bet since competitive battling is something that would take a long time to get accustomed with, otherwise; especially if you include the team building process.

Back