• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have You Completed The X&Y National Pokedex?

Have you completed the National Pokedex?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
I've finally gotten all the legendaries except like two events which i'm not too concerned about. Now all I got to do it get the non kalos pokemon from the gts, breed, evolve and then the shiny charm will be mine Dx

although, i've actually heard people were having bad luck with the shiny charm. /:

Years
I've finally gotten all the legendaries except like two events which i'm not too concerned about. Now all I got to do it get the non kalos pokemon from the gts, breed, evolve and then the shiny charm will be mine Dx

although, i've actually heard people were having bad luck with the shiny charm. /:

Just bad luck overall I think.

I don't complain, it works as it should be for me haha!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Yep, I've completed the National Dex a month ago with the help of several friends. I picked up the shiny Charm and hatched my first shiny baby in any generation (excluding Crystal's Odd Egg and RNG abuse for hatching shinies). Shiny Charm definitely helps.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Just bad luck overall I think.

I don't complain, it works as it should be for me haha!
Well, good to hear.
I actually have relatively good luck when it comes to shinies and i'm just sorta worried the shiny charm might jinx it lol

Years
I'm sort of close. I currently have 652/718. I know some event legendaries don't count, but that's a load of rubbish. It's not complete if there are spaces in it, so i'm going for all 718.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Well, good to hear.
I actually have relatively good luck when it comes to shinies and i'm just sorta worried the shiny charm might jinx it lol

It's just some dumb morons think that just because you have a shiny charm, it's guaranteed that you will have shiny Pokemon bursting from the seams of your PC boxes. When in reality, all it does is slightly better your odds..

With the Shiny charm it's still a 1 out of ~1024 chance to hatch a shiny Pokemon mixed with Masuda Method or 1 out of ~4500 in the wild or 1 out of ~800 using pokeradar.. so still the odds aren't in your favor.

now if you knew how to seek and properly mix personality values of parents and understood the mechanics of those personality values.. it is reported that you can get the odds for hatching a shiny Pokemon down to 1 out of 64 (but will most likely have horrid IVs).

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
With the Shiny charm it's still a 1 out of ~1024 chance to hatch a shiny Pokemon mixed with Masuda Method
I saw this on the Q/A thread as well, are you saying that with the Masuda Method and Charm it's 1/1024? Or "mixed with Masuda" meaning it's less?

Last edited:

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I saw this on the Q/A thread as well, are you saying that with the Masuda Method and Charm it's 1/1024? Are you sure about that?

Masuda method alone is ~3/4096 or about 1/1365. the shiny charm i forget what the % is that it betters your odds at. but i just remember seeing 1/1024 somewhere.

**Update** nevermind i found it http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Shiny_Charm " Mixed with the Masuda method makes getting a shiny makes it 8 times the normal rate, a 1 in 1024 chance."

Also Serebii backs this up: http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/shiningcharm.shtml "If, however, you're using the Masuda Method to breed, it increased it from 1 in 1,365.3 down to 1 in 1024."

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Masuda method alone is ~3/4096 or about 1/1365. the shiny charm i forget what the % is that it betters your odds at. but i just remember seeing 1/1024 somewhere.

**Update** nevermind i found it on a pokesite http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Shiny_Charm : " Mixed with the Masuda method makes getting a shiny makes it 8 times the normal rate, a 1 in 1024 chance."

Also Serebii backs this up: http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/shiningcharm.shtml
This is only for Gen V though. The random encounter rate was halved coming into Gen VI, so it would be logical, though not necessarily factual, to halve the Masuda rate, or at least lower it somewhat.

What was your argument against the spreadsheet that suggested rates around 8/4096-10/4096?

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
What was your argument against the spreadsheet that suggested rates around 8/4096-10/4096?

#1 argument. regardless of spreadsheets/satistics/surveys. the odds are always still 1/1024 or whatever it may be, as it's Programed into the game/RNG.

So no matter if someone's personal Luck they hatch 1 shiny out of every 3 eggs, or someone with Horrible luck they hatch 1 out of 10,000 eggs.. it's still 1/1024 odds as that's hardcoded into the system. all that those spreadsheets tell us are people's "Luck" not odds.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
#1 argument. regardless of spreadsheets/satistics/surveys. the odds are always still 1/1024 or whatever it may be, as it's Programed into the game/RNG.

So no matter if someone's personal Luck they hatch 1 shiny out of every 3 eggs, or someone with Horrible luck they hatch 1 out of 10,000 eggs.. it's still 1/1024 odds as that's hardcoded into the system. all that those spreadsheets tell us are people's "Luck" not odds.

But the point of the spreadsheet was to discover what was programmed into the game. They weren't sure of the actual stat, whether it be 1/1024 or less, so that's what the test was for.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
But the point of the spreadsheet was to discover what was programmed into the game. They weren't sure of the actual stat, whether it be 1/1024 or less, so that's what the test was for.

Well i don't think you'll ever find an answer with a spreadsheet, because it's restricted to "who responds".. what if you only have people with horrid luck respond..

Especially, since the individuals with good luck probably aren't even bothering searching the forums about how to hatch shiny or looking at posts about issues with hatching shiny, since they have no issues, thus you have less of the lucky successful individuals with good odds responding to the survey.

Also people like to exaggerate when they have problems.. i mean if i hatched eggs... 1. i am not keeping exact counts.. 2. what can feel like a hundred eggs hatched, in reality probably was only 50. not to mention there's always a handful of morons/trolls/losers who fib up claims to be apart of the survey, say they hatch many shiny/own alot of shiny.. but never hatched a single one or vice versa and say they hatched many thousands of eggs and got no shiny pokemon, when in reality, they never seriously bred Pokemon other than a handful.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Well i don't think you'll ever find an answer with a spreadsheet, because it's restricted to "who responds".. what if you only have people with horrid luck respond..

Especially, since the individuals with good luck probably aren't even bothering searching the forums about how to hatch shiny or looking at posts about issues with hatching shiny, since they have no issues, thus you have less lucky successful individuals with good odds responding to the survey.

Also people like to exaggerate when they have problems.. i mean if i hatched eggs... 1. i am not keeping exact counts.. 2. what can feel like a hundred eggs hatched, in reality probably was only 50. not to mention there's always a handful of morons/trolls/losers who fib up to be apart of the survey, say they hatch many shiny/own alot of shiny.. but never hatched a single one.

Valid points. I'd like to believe that the volunteers want to conduct an accurate experiment, but there could always be trolls, etc (I'd think these types of people are so few that they're impact on the data would be miniscule). OP cuts down on the "good luck factor" by requiring that only eggs to be hatched are to be recorded, nothing in the past, so nobody with good or bad luck can skew the data.

And to go along with the first part of my response, to have an accurate test means to not guess on the amount of eggs that you're hatching, stuff like that.

Again, all conjecture, but the statistics seem to suggest that the rate is at least lower than 1/1024, especially as the number of eggs hatched increases.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Again, all conjecture, but the statistics seem to suggest that the rate is at least lower than 1/1024, especially as the number of eggs hatched increases.

Also it just doesn't matter in the end, no matter what the odds are, even if they were 1 out of 64, you can still have horrendous luck and hatch 10,000 eggs and never hatch a single shiny, or be super lucky and have Arceus' light shine down upon you and hatch over a hundred shiny Pokemon in under 30 minutes.

Kinda like today, I was trying to farm for light clay from Goletts on route 10, they are a common spawn.. I seriously spent over 15 minutes just to get 1 to SHOW UP!!!! instead i seriously had emogas and houndours show up back to back even a electrike and tons of hawluchas!! the damn rare and very rare spawns showed up way more than golett.. damn RNG.. i even attempted to try the pokeradar and hope to get golett on a chain. but instead got hawluchas and that psychic thing i cant think of it's name.. I was so frustrated I literally gave up without getting a single light clay..

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Also it just doesn't matter in the end, no matter what the odds are, even if they were 1 out of 64, you can still have horrendous luck and hatch 10,000 eggs and never hatch a single shiny, or be super lucky and have Arceus' light shine down upon you and hatch over a hundred shiny Pokemon in under 30 minutes.

Kinda like today, I was trying to farm for light clay from Goletts on route 10, they are a common spawn.. I seriously spent over 15 minutes just to get 1 to SHOW UP!!!! instead i seriously had emogas and houndours show up back to back even a electrike and tons of hawluchas!! the damn rare and very rare spawns showed up way more than golett.. damn RNG..
Yeah that's true. Idk, there's just a certain comfort the numbers bring me, regardless or my actual experiences with luck. When I came across the possibility that it could be as low as ~1/400 something, that was one of the main factors that pushed me to complete the National Dex, to finally answer the OP haha.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I voted very close, but not less than 20. I have about 64 more total to see at least. I have every pokemon from 1 to 649 mostly, I just have to hatch a lot of eggs to get them. I no longer need Poke Bank though.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I've never completed a PokeDEX asides in Red/Blue/Yellow originals lol I really want to complete it this time around, but it's just such a feat @_@ Congrats to everyone who manages it.

Back