• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electabuzz_Girl

100% Americian gurl
Years
  • ****, you guys are lucky other than red gyrados(sp?) I have never seen a shiny pokemon and I've been playing all my pokemon games for over 200 hours exept firered but still :\

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Well I have caught a shiny Gulpin, Tentacool and Zigzagoon and they have all evolved now and that is all I have caught >.<

Pokemon_Veteran

Treecko404

Fire Treecko
    Years
  • Has anyone ever found a Shiny Geodude in Leaf Green? I did! It's sooo cool! It's like the color gold. When it evolves to its different forms like Graveler and Golem, it looks sooo awesome!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I havn't seen anyone post the actual AR code for shiney Pokemon, so I will post a more complicated code that is very riskey to use:
    0648a5ec
    c9d42bb8
    01763a7e
    e1b3e957
    4c241b5a
    f1c39edb
    ea8f704a
    45ee01d1
    022ea6cd
    594a7718
    d2bf38b5
    7e300c38
    8343300b
    adef57ca
    27c35f73
    a8e9e879

How the code works: (this code only works 25% of the time) Type in your caode and start game. Run into grass until a wild Sunflora appears. Catch it. Go to PC. Flip through boxes until you find a box with 2 or 3 eggs in it that you didn't originally have (Bad EGGs). Select the first Pokemon in that boxs summary. Continue to click down until you get to a summary of Bad EGG displayed as a backwards (?). Click A or B to exit the summary. Now in your PC, that Pokemon will be invisible. Click and drag the invisible Bad EGG to any part of the box and switch Pokemon. The Bad EGG will then change into a shiney version of the first Pokemon in that box. Glitches may occur.

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    i thought thtere was no certain places. well everyone gets shiny golbat in victory road

PsiUmbreon

Proud Dark-Type
    Years
  • My shinies currently owned on my 3rd gen games:
    Voltorb
    Dustox
    Pelipper
    Onix
    Mightyena
    Charizard
    Seviper

and NO, I DO NOT cheat. three of them I found naturally in the wild, and 4 I got through trades.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    shiney's are the gift from above for the advanced pokemon collectors! How dare you insult us shiny hunters like that in a thread about them!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Luckily, with the code I posted, I got a shiney Charizard and Umbreon.
    I have never ran into shiney PK|MN on my FR, but I have an all my other version (exept R/B/Y which they don't exist on). OFF SUBJECT!: Actually, they do exist, but they don't appear to be on R/B/Y, test your PK|MN on PK|MN Stadium 2 to see if the are shiney, then trade them over to S/G/C.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • pkmaster said:
    hi i just got a shiny chancey in fire red.yah!

I envy you like you wouldnt believe. How on earth did you tell it apart? If you didnt see the stars when it appeared then chances are you wouldnt know, seeing as its only a slighter lighter colour. Then the odds of actually catching it were against you. **** youre one lucky bugger! Oh wells I guess my shiny Cubone will have to do for now...

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • well yeah there is certain places to get them. does any 1 know how to get a gold groudon? BTW, shining mew u must be havin trouble catchin shinys. well ask me and i might tell u how and where to catch it. hey shining mew ur shiny writing is soooo cool. :D

Last edited:

Team Shadow Leader

touch me and die
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2005
    1/8195 is the chances. It's not a fixed encounter time when you will run into a shiny. Basicly, every time you see a pokemon, you have 0.0001% chance of it being a shiny... Each time you have the same chances, It's not a countdown.
    and yet, that is not the right number. 1/8,192 are the chances.
    I found a shiny Ponyta... with 30 hours of play... now it is a silver-blue flamed rapidash. I cherish it. :P

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Correction:

KougaWolf said:
    I havn't seen anyone post the actual AR code for shiney Pokemon, so I will post a more complicated code that is very riskey to use:
    0648a5ec
    c9d42bb8
    01763a7e
    e1b3e957
    4c241b5a
    f1c39edb
    ea8f704a
    45ee01d1
    022ea6cd
    594a7718
    d2bf38b5
    7e300c38
    8343300b
    adef57ca
    27c35f73
    a8e9e879

How the code works: (this code only works 25% of the time) Type in your caode and start game. Run into grass until a wild Sunflora appears. Catch it. Go to PC. Flip through boxes until you find a box with 2 or 3 eggs in it that you didn't originally have (Bad EGGs). Select the first Pokemon in that boxs summary. Continue to click down until you get to a summary of Bad EGG displayed as a backwards (?). Click A or B to exit the summary. Now in your PC, that Pokemon will be invisible. Click and drag the invisible Bad EGG to any part of the box and switch Pokemon. The Bad EGG will then change into a shiney version of the first Pokemon in that box. Glitches may occur.

--Correction:--

This is how the code works: You don't have to run into the Sunflora. and you can't keep the shiney Pokemon (sorry, bummer). Grab your first bad egg, then place it back in the same place it was. You will switch with an invisible Pokemon. Now drag it to any Pokemon in any box. Go on its summary when you're above a Pokemon. Click A or B to exit. The Invisible Pokemon will now be a visible mis-coloured sprite. (Sorry if I caused any inconvenincies). // but it is kinda cool yo see the sprites: Ex: Gold Dewgong, Gold Lapras, Gold Golbat, Rainbow Jynx, Rainbowish Rayquaza, Purple Psyduck, Rainbow Belossum, Rainbowish Snorlax, and some other cool Coloured Pokemon!

darkvibraba

Eeveelution rocks!!
    Years
  • since i passed two eevees to my ruby version....i breeded eevee...i only had my starter and i filled 13 boxes of eevee waiting for five shiny eevee finalyy i got them

but imagine "1 box holds 30 pkmn, 30x13=390 eevees took to find them.....and if an eevee takes 8960 steps pr eevee that would take me (8960x390=)3494400 steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it was like ---> <( '-' )> ---> <( '_' )> ---> <( l_l )> ---> <( lol )> ---> <( ._. )> ---> (^_'<) ---> <( ;o; )> ---> <( O.o )> ---> <( X.X )> huh???!!! yay!!!an eevee out of five!!!!!!<(^.^)>..... and then......do it for more times...... <( X.X )>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back