• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

September 11th Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
  • Gr8Person62, just disrespected myself and has stated that people do not have the right to make money. He is no longer on my good side and I will speak to an admin regarding him. Lets get back on topic or I will close this thread.

Years
  • Shining Arcanine said:
    Gr8Person62, just disrespected myself and has stated that people do not have the right to make money. He is no longer on my good side and I will speak to an admin regarding him. Lets get back on topic or I will close this thread.
    No, you disrespected him...just because he supports whatever he does you can't ban for that.

Jason

Banned
    Years
  • latiosspud said:
    No, you disrespected him...just because he supports whatever he does you can't ban for that.
    i agreed with latiasspuds. you just disrespective other members. Mods have to respect others not disrespect like latiossqud said

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2003
    .. I just get carried away when it comes to this subject. I'v had hard times in life because of it, and I just can't stand it when people start talking about it in the wrong way.. Sorry for all the controversy, ban me if you must, I don't mind. Even if the Get together is tomorow, your just upsetting members by me not bieng there..

Once again: I just like to stand up for what I believe in.. No disrespect intended... Really, I was just angry.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    I prefer to remember 11/9 as a day to remember all innocent people who died in acts of terrorism, war and conflict. Whether those be Americans or not, we are all human beings and owe it to ourselves not to forget those whose lives were tragically ended; no matter whose flag they fly.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Okay, anyone who gets caught up in any emtion here, anger, sadness, joy whatever will probably be the one who gets this topic closed.

-Do NOT post here if you are upset with someone

-Do NOT post here if you can't control yourself in a discussion with people with different views

-Do NOT post here if all you can do is say "Somebody sucks! Let's flame them yeeeah!"

-Do NOT try to offend anyone, be they forum leaders or members

-Do NOT swear, even if you really feel the need to. It will be edited out.

This topic is one of the most dangerous on boards, I will be watching this closely. I won't hesitate to close this, and no new ones will be made.

Keep it mature, open minded, and respectful.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Personally, it was sad and scary and stuff the day it happened, but I don't care anymore. People die everyday, but because so many people dies on 9/11 and the fall of the twin towers, this event got the most coverage. But time goes on, and I don't really feel sad about 9/11. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just telling the truth, I have nuetral feelings and will treat this day like any other day and not watch TV (because I know that's all they're going to talk about). I also feel sad for the middle eastern civilians who got killed in this silly war.

How come nobody talks about the Oklahoma bombing anymore where the terrorist was american...?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Ok I got to say this. You say we dont get the full story Gr8Person62, well do you live in the US to me its more like you dont get the full story, and if you call US members of PC pathetic and idiots you can say that but I will say this. The President didnt start this, this war needed to be done way before 9/11. We will not just sit here when we were attacked, now you say we should have just said so what if thay attacked us we will just let them go this time, if we did then there would have been more attacks on the US. The US was attacked not Australia not the UK not France the US was attacked we have every rite to fight back not just sit there and take it like you said we should have done. And people in the US dont live there life in fear, if you do then your wrong.
    Well thats off my mind now.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Hmmmm. I thought that it's going to be safe... hmmm. now I see.. please try to express feeling in a respectful way.

Now, Back to topic. It's wasn't President Bush's fualt for 9/11. It's terriorists.. Hmmmm. As you see, you can find infomation on it on the internet. We should respect the people who died. Not flame them... :(

Did someone called me a idiot?

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • latiosspud said:

He disrespected me. I replied to Jason saying I would be the first one to start bashing Al Quida. Then he went insulted me. Next he attempted to justify the 9/11 attacks.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Well as far as I know (and I have inside sources) we have done NOTHING to the 'terrorists' except try to shut them down.. now if they take offense to that oh well - what they are doing IS illegal under international law so it's there own fault, period.

We attacted after 9/11 because we had quite strong evidence pointing to those who did it and to those who support them.. we still have that evidence as well as comfirming statements from bin ladan, etc.

NOTHING any of you think is gonna make a difference in the USA's response or current actions.. the terrorists and those who support them (i.e. Iraq) will go down.. NONE of can say what they did was right or even called for.. it wasn't..

Gr8Person62 said:
    But, your not getting the point, Al Quida didn't attack the United States for the heck of it, they were retaliating. They had a good reason to attack. Just like you said, your not gonna sit idle when your county is bieng attacked. So thats exactly what they did.. They attacked... heres a Histroy Lesson:

After World War II, most of the Jewish population had died. As Germany was the county they had settled into, it no longer was, and they had no land to call their own. Therefore, no Jewish Nation. After that, there was the discovery of (very valuable) Oil in the middle east (Arab Nations). The United States took note of this, and supplied the Jewish people (Israel) with weapons and such, to wage a war on the weakest Arab nation, which was Palestine.. In hope of an accomplishment of taking over some countries, and Israel to supply the United States with Oil. They succeeded in overthrowing the Palestinians, and continued to battle other countries for more land.
    The Wealthiest and most powerfull Arab nation, Syria, took action against this, and helped other Arab nations claim back their land, and they did. Till this day though, Palestine and Israel are still at war, as you should frequently se on the news. Most parts of some Arab nations where blown up to pieces (Including my home town, but that was long ago).. The United States where blamed for this.. The Attack on September the 11th was Revenge, and a warning to the United States.

Thats the simplest way I can put it.. You might want to lok futher into that if you want, but it's a loooong story, including owning of religious land where supposedly Jesus was born (called, "The Holy Land") and Anti-Jewdaism...
    No one cares... there are legal way to accomplish their goals.. not terror.. terror is illegal under most all international laws and agreements.

Gr8Person62 said:
    Ok, so It's alright to flame the ones who attacked the United States, but it's not alright to flame the United States and it's President? Huh, you guys should grow up..
    Yes.. they attacked without provication. they will be flamed (and destroyed - this is the official posistion of PC)

I could go on but you all get the point.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Around 2950 Americans died from 9/11, that's more than Pearl Harbour which was 62 years ago. The Americans said they will never forget the day of Pearl Harbour was bombed by the Japanese and they declared war on the Japanese right away and no one said no to waging war. So, either because they probably wanted revenge for Pearl Harbour that day, if that's so, than America may have felt the same way for 9/11 and wanted revenge.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • 22sa said:
    Around 2950 Americans died from 9/11, that's more than Pearl Harbour which was 62 years ago. The Americans said they will never forget the day of Pearl Harbour was bombed by the Japanese and they declared war on the Japanese right away and no one said no to waging war. So, either because they probably wanted revenge for Pearl Harbour that day, if that's so, than America may have felt the same way for 9/11 and wanted revenge.
    No, Actally it's 3,000 to be exact.. I heard it on the news..... Well, 9/11 have a big impact in America. You know that 3,000 innocent people died because of terrorists. We don't want a another 9/11 to happen again. So we should hope that something like this won't happen again.

Years
  • Haruka said:
    No, Actally it's 3,000 to be exact.. I heard it on the news..... Well, 9/11 have a big impact in America. You know that 3,000 innocent people died because of terrorists. We don't want a another 9/11 to happen again. So we should hope that something like this won't happen again.
    Well I heard it was almost 3000.

Years
  • Haruka said:
    Hmmmm.. Almost 3,000 People died on 9/11.. Okay...

Well, How did you feel when you heard the news?
    To be honest I was more worried that my parent's stocks would go bankrupt then the people who were in the WTC. I didn't know it was going to collapse.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    Hmmmm.. Almost 3,000 People died on 9/11.. Okay...

Well, How did you feel when you heard the news?
    That's why I said around 2950.:p

I'm not exactly moved by the statistics, but that's just me.:) 3000 is no suprise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back