• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scenario IX - A Petrifying Situation

Years
  • What would you do?
    A fun little discussion here in Pokémon General where you discuss what you would do in certain scenarios!

What is this about?
    These are simply about hypothetical scenarios that would occur to you if you were in the Pokemon World (or not!). This is pretty much the entire premise of WWYD (What Would You Do); that is, what would you do in a given scenario? Remember that there are no right or wrong answers, just your thoughts!
    Can I suggest some scenarios, too?
    Of course you can! In fact, we highly encourage you to! Feel free to PM your ideas to colours or Brendino!
    What would you do in this scenario?
    Mewtwo and Mew are clashing with each other again. The world is in peril with each blow they land on each other, and only you can stop them both. Like Ash did before you, stepping in the middle of their blasts will turn you into stone. Your attempt to stop them may or may not work, and you may or may not be brought back to life. Do you risk interfering with the uncertainty of survival, or do you throw caution to the wind in an attempt to save the planet?

What would you do?

pkmin3033

Pretty sure there wouldn't be any Pokemon to cry me back to life, so if I'm going to die either way, I'm going to watch a fun battle and take everyone else with me, thanks. If I saved the world they probably wouldn't even commission a statue for me, they'd just put my corpse on display somewhere and forget about it.

Years
  • I agree with Porygon, I wouldn't believe that me stepping in front of them would save the world so I would probably look at an alternative way of stopping them.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I think the answer is in the question itself 'uncertainty of survival' & there's no guarantee that me doing that would stop the fight anyways. Also, do I have a true friend like Pikachu by my side who can cry me back to normal? Don't suppose so.

Instead of doing something rash like that, given that I'm the last hope, I'll certainly try to think of some other way to end the battle, maybe get my hands on a couple of Master Balls & catch them both.

Pika Pika :chu:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I'd just wait until they stop and call it a draw, they're so smart that they'll realise they're so even that neither would win and stop the fight before it's too late.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Live up to my username and throw myself in the middle of them. Hopefully my pal Pikachu and the other pokemon will bring me back to life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Just bring some Dark types to slap some sense into them.

...What? This is Gen 1? Dark types didn't exist yet?

Alright then, plan B. Taking down these Legendary Pokemon with a Butterfee and a Beedrill. What could possibly go wrong?

Years
  • Part of me would like to believe that if I'm probably going to die either way, I may as well play the hero card and hope that my actions can save the world.

...and then I realize that in all honesty, I'm just not that kind of person, and I'd let the situation play out and see what happens. If I've got the choice of a 100% chance of being alive for the next ten minutes vs. a ?% chance after sacrificing myself, you bet I'm going to take option A, and pray for Arceus to do its thing.

pkmin3033

No. It's not in my nature - or anyone else's I think, no matter what they say - to sacrifice myself for someone else's benefit. People are inherently self-serving, and self-preservation comes first. There is no benefit in me killing myself for the sake of the world, so I wouldn't do it...and I seriously doubt the sincerity of anyone who says that would, too. All well and good to say you'd do it when you don't have to.

Years
  • No. It's not in my nature - or anyone else's I think, no matter what they say - to sacrifice myself for someone else's benefit. People are inherently self-serving, and self-preservation comes first. There is no benefit in me killing myself for the sake of the world, so I wouldn't do it...and I seriously doubt the sincerity of anyone who says that would, too. All well and good to say you'd do it when you don't have to.
    I dunno, there are more than enough real world examples of people sacrificing themselves for the good of others, so I'm sure that more than a few people would be willing to step between them.

A guaranteed chance at stopping the battle doesn't change my answer though, even though I'd like to say otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Punch Mewtwo in the back, say to them they are risking their lives and everyone else.

Back