• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] New trailers showcase Meltan, teases new form

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I wonder if it is just an evolution requiring multiple Meltan...

There are a few possible things.
It could be similar Zygarde.
It could just represent how many candies are needed to evolve it.
Or it could just be like Beldum and Magnamite where a few join together.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
OKAY, all the little Meltan's in the first video were super cute, and I guess it's growing on me. I love it's little tail, tbh.

I bet you it's other form is way powerful, but I have a feeling it's tiny form can't do much. Though, it would be awesome if it's smaller form was stronger than it looked.

Years
Hmm... interesting... this actually reminded me a bit the way Wishiwashi changes its form.
I am still disappointed that they still didn't explain what's the link between Ditto and Meltan.

Whatever this new evolution is, I am betting that it will gain an electric typing due to the wire tail it has.
Guess that is quite possible, Meltan generates electrcity (energy) when it feeds on metals (matter) after all.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I am still disappointed that they still didn't explain what's the link between Ditto and Meltan.

I mean, the point of Meltan is ultimately to sell more of LGPE, so naturally they'll want to save the real explanation of its existence and ties to kanto pokemon, for those who buy and play the game.

Years
I mean, the point of Meltan is ultimately to sell more of LGPE, so naturally they'll want to save the real explanation of its existence and ties to kanto pokemon, for those who buy and play the game.

Of course, that's what I fear. The fact that Meltan is used to promote more for LGPE may result in them making up some real dumb explanations and disappoint us. Although, with Game Freak, we are used to disappointments...

Years
always thought of meltan as some sort of glitch then gamefreak just went with the flow and made it official. meltan is starting to grow on me though, it's very cute <3
would bet its some sort of evolution that's beldum and magnetite-like.

let's go is looking good too, love the music

bobandbill

one more time
Years
always thought of meltan as some sort of glitch then gamefreak just went with the flow and made it official. meltan is starting to grow on me though, it's very cute <3

While the way they handled its initial reveal could have been done better, there's quite a lot to show it was always planned. You can't just glitch in models complete with animations like that.

It is certainly getting good promotion now.

Years
Is this the first mythical that has an "evolved" form of some sort?

If so.... Game Freak seems to be stepping well outside the norm at this point for these kinds of Pokemon. Not that I mind.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Is this the first mythical that has an "evolved" form of some sort?

If so.... Game Freak seems to be stepping well outside the norm at this point for these kinds of Pokemon. Not that I mind.
Not too surprising imo.

Gen 4 - Legendaries and mythicals with multiple forms, Manaphy can breed Phione
Gen 5 - Kyurem can fuse with another Legendary, Victini a launch gift.
Gen 6 - Primal evolutions for Legendaries. New Mega Evolutions mid-gen.
Gen 6/7 - Zygarde forms based on finding multiple cores, now Meltan. Also new Pokemon mid-gen.

And after all, patterns are made to be broken, haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Since Mythical Pokémon generally don't evolve, I reckon that Meltan will be the Zygarde of Generation 8 when it comes to having multiple specimen to unlock a large and powerful new form.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years

Doubt so, going by the timeframe, LGPE would've been mostly been made into cartridges already.

As for why Ditto is related isn't it in the video, Dittos finding Meltans somehow so they transformed into it?

Not too surprising imo.

Gen 4 - Legendaries and mythicals with multiple forms, Manaphy can breed Phione
Gen 5 - Kyurem can fuse with another Legendary, Victini a launch gift.
Gen 6 - Primal evolutions for Legendaries. New Mega Evolutions mid-gen.
Gen 6/7 - Zygarde forms based on finding multiple cores, now Meltan. Also new Pokemon mid-gen.

And after all, patterns are made to be broken, haha.

And Cosmog actually evolves.

Last edited:
Back