• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    This is a great hack and has the potential to become a classic among rom hacks right there with the ranks of Liquid Crystal or Light Platinum if it ever gets finished. Please keep up with this amazing work, you're doing wonders!

Only criticism I have is that the first Boss Battle after the 2nd gym could be toned down a little bit. Making us battle him right after the Admin battle without time to heal and on top of that battle a Mega Evolution is a bit overkill. Is it really necessary to have megas so early in the game, specially when it's only on the enemies side? Just a suggestion tho. Other than that, the hack is wonderful! ^_^

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Will There Be A Link To All The Locations Of All Pokemon?
    Yes. As I add new Pokemon to the game, I catalogue where they can be found, and the methods through which they can be found.

This is a great hack and has the potential to become a classic among rom hacks right there with the ranks of Liquid Crystal or Light Platinum if it ever gets finished. Please keep up with this amazing work, you're doing wonders!

Only criticism I have is that the first Boss Battle after the 2nd gym could be toned down a little bit. Making us battle him right after the Admin battle without time to heal and on top of that battle a Mega Evolution is a bit overkill. Is it really necessary to have megas so early in the game, specially when it's only on the enemies side? Just a suggestion tho. Other than that, the hack is wonderful! ^_^
    Thank you!
    Thank you for your criticism and I definitely agree with you. That boss battle has been toned down for the full release. In the demo, it's the way it is to allow people to get as much out of the game as possible. Since it is the final event you can playthrough, I thought it would be better to make it more on the challenging side.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2017
    Can't you wait? The creator has a life. If you want to check the progress see the first page. I know that he is working on the hack daily. :)

Keep calm dude.I didn't knew he was working on this thats why i asked, i was just really curious you dont have to be that defensive.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    This hack is just amazing been following it for a while now.Just because I wanted to keep playing I grinded my pokemon up to level 30 once I beat the beta XD.Can't wait for the full release it is gunna be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2017
    Hello Everyone noob question how do i know a pokemons happiness because i wanna level up my riolu

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2018
    Hello Everyone noob question how do i know a pokemons happiness because i wanna level up my riolu

hehe same, i have mine at 32 :/

the save in beta will work in full release?
    'cause i have more than 100 caught xD

just registered to say thanks for the excellent work ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019

Usually pokemon games have some out of 3 possible ways to check happiness:1)A device like the poketch 2)A pokemon fan club president (or a random guy) that tells you how much your pokemon loves you depending on its happiness 3)Pokemon following you making it possible to check happiness by talking to them. Now as far as I know,pokemon Unbound doesn't currently have any of these things.I could be wrong cause I haven't played the game in a good while and I'm not 100% sure but I'm positive about it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    hey when will this game be able to go past the 2nd gym

First of all,you chose one of the best hacks to make your first comment on.Now,it's good to see you're excited about the game,but please keep in mind that questions about release dates may seem bit 'pushy' sometimes.Of course,I think and hope that you didn't mean it that way but even as per the request of the creators of many hacks,it is considered thoughtful to not mention this topic in such a way.Well,these are just some things to keep in mind,and it is of course only my own opinion as a fan of this hack and a member of pokecommunity as I am not in liberty to talk in the game's creators' stead.So you may take all this as you will.Thanks for your time and sorry for the slightly rough welcome.

Idk, when you finally be patient enough to wait for another beta?

I agree with you man,I do,but you need to take it easier here.You can see in his page that this is his first and only comment.He was probably excited about the game and in his excitement made an account solely to ask about the next release.I know the thread is filled with people asking about future releases but we can't put all of them in the same basket.In this situation,he simply didn't know any better and probably hasn't asked about a release here before.Just letting him know about the 'etiquette' is fine here.I can more than understand your reasoning as well,but no reason to ruin the thread's atmosphere for a simple misunderstanding.Threads like these partly represent the game itself,like how the creators take time to answer question's or how friendly and supportive the fans are.Thank you kindly for your time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2017
    Hello it is one of the best romhacks ever i am very interested in it can i be a beta tester pls?

golche

Tactician of Askr
    Years
  • hello it is of the best romhacks ever and i would be a beta tester pls?

We aren't taking beta testers at the moment, but I'll let you know if at some point we are.

To anyone else who wants to be a beta tester, can you please PM me? It prevents the thread from being cluttered.

Back