• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • This just in.

UCL Quarter-Finals:
    Wolfsburg v Real Madrid
    Bayern Munchen v Benfica
    Barcelona v Atletico Madrid
    PSG v Manchester City

UEL Quarter-Finals:
    Braga v Shakhtar Donetsk
    Villareal v Sparta Praha
    Athletic Bilbao v Sevilla
    Dortmund v Liverpool

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Well you got away with a point and Bamf nearly scored a very nice goal. Good all round for you, how have City bottled this season so badly though?

If we beat Charlton and Hull which are our next two games then I'll be very confident we can do it whoever is in charge. Lose either of them and we will be looking very shaky.
    Only you could lose to Charlton and then go and beat Hull....

Years
  • Only you could lose to Charlton and then go and beat Hull....

The phrase 'typical boro' exists amongst our supporters for this exact reason. Thank god we did beat them though, if we can beat QPR then we have some favourable fixtures but obviously it's us so we will somehow make them difficult.

Not looking too good for your lot, but at least it's against one of the better teams. Hopefully you don't give up two Kane hattricks in one season.

That Tyne-Wear draw might help us become the main force in North East football next year. I'm sure you're pretty happy with it too, LV.

Charlton's owners really have no PR ability whatsoever. I can see it all going the way of Blackpool.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • Alright, so uh Champions League... stuff.

Bayern vs. Benfica - I love both teams, but i want Bayern to win this one.
    Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid - I really hate Barcelona. I really do. I want Atletico to get the win.
    Real vs. Wolfsburg - Real, obviously.
    PSG vs. Man City - I really don't know, but i'm rooting for PSG.

Now for the Europa League things.

Dortmund vs. Liverklopp - I want Dortmund to win the Europa League, and that's it.
    Villareal vs. Sparta Stronk - I want Sparta to win. I dislike almost all spanish teams.
    Brah-gah vs. Shakhtar - I kind of want Braga in the semis. Dunno why.
    This Team Should End vs. Sevilla - Sevilla all the way.

Years
  • Looks like Lafferty is finally on his way to Sheffield Wednesday. Loan with a 1.5 million pound transfer in the summer apparently. If we go down I can't see Mbokani or Bamford staying so we'll only have 1 first team forward.

Years
  • They took Hooper and a year of Turner's wages too. Hooper's not bad at that level but still. Probably pocket change for Chansiri.

Edit - Oh, he went to Brum.

Also, Adam Johnson to jail confirmed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll care more about European competition in a few years when we're involved in them.

Already a bit nervous about Saturday's game. Haven't been like that since the playoff final. Newcastle are down their third choice keeper but we've usually been terrible at exploiting these kind of lifelines.

Years
  • Already a bit nervous about Saturday's game. Haven't been like that since the playoff final.

We do not speak of that game. :( Oh well, one more step towards making up for last year tonight.

Maybe Newcastle's third choice will be a surprise success like Elliot. They will get out of this relegation battle in an annoying lucky way soon enough.

Years
  • Good result for City tonight despite that absolute gift from Fernando for PSG's first.

We're yet another step closer to promotion. Hopefully we can keep a run together so we can still make it without winning the two big games.

It'd be funny if Leicester were done for doping after winning the title. I do like the fairytale, but that would an even better story.

Back