• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sporty Pokemon?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What Pokemon do you feel would be excellent at sports? On the opposite site, what Pokemon do you think would be terrible at sports?

Scorbunny would obviously be good at sports, it's definitely designed for that sort of activity.
    As for a Pokemon that wouldn't be good at sports...well, Pichu, really, and a lot of the baby Pokemon, as they are young and well, you know, babies.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'd imagine any fighting type would excel at sports, especially Machamp and Machoke, as they look like excellent weightlifters. Hawlucha, Hariyama, and Snorlax would be great wrestlers. Hitmonlee would be the ultimate kickboxer! Hitmonchan and Crawbrawler would be good boxers, the list goes on and on!

giphy.gif

I think most bipedal pokemon would have an advantage at sports. Although, Jolteon and Electrode would be the best sprinters, given their respective speed stats.

I think Lopunny would be excellent at pole vault/hurdles and perhaps even volleyball, given its thin, agile figure and jumping skills. Lucario as well.

Golduck would indisputably be a fabulous swimmer, given that it states that in its pokedex entry. I'd imagine that Floatzel would be a swift swimmer as well, especially in the rain. (No pun intended.) Greninja would be marvelous as well.

I think Glaceon and Weavile would be magnificent snowboarders.

n1fep31_zps1172ef6a.jpg

Kirlia, Gardevoir, and Ralts would be the cutest dancing trio! Gallade, on the other hand, would be a fabulous fencer!

Feraligatr, Charizard, and Blaziken would be incredible basketball players as well, given that they're all fairly tall.

Gorebyss and Dewgong would be legendary divers! (Wailord too, just imagine)

And that's all that I could think of!

Last edited:
    Years
  • ok well, it depends on which kind of sport we're talking about here, but let's just be broad for example's sake.

basketball: i think any tall Pokemon would do for this. Assuming Snorlax wasn't lazy as shit and didn't eat the basketball outright, it can just dunk it over and over and no one can really stop it once it has the ball. Huge risk here, though. I also think Blaziken would be decent since I think it's about the size of your average basketball player, but idk much about the sport beyond that so yeah.

soccer: Literally any Ghost type would be a terrible Goalie considering their whole thing is that they're (for the most part) transparent/hollow. I suppose Ghost types can materialize themselves at will, but still, risks can't be taken, here. Going to throw out an obvious name and that Scorbunny would likely be ace at this, as well as Hitmonlee I believe, but that's just throwing Spaghetti at the wall. Any Pokemon with four legs likely won't do as well here, though.

tennis: Any Pokemon that has a tail and acute coordination and reflexes would be a good tennis player, I think. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about, here. Grass Pokemon would also be decent at this maybe since they can just use Vine Whip to knock the ball over and over with little effort whatsoever to the point where it may feel like they just have an inherent advantage.

going to leave it here for now because I don't know a whole lot about sports these days, but this was fun to think about!

Years
  • It really depends on what personality a Snorlax is, but they can either be the stereotypical Snorlax that only eats and sleeps, or they can actually be suprisingly athletic, as they've been seen both playing baseball and running track and field in the anime. And just imagining a Snorlax playing as a running back in American football is a scary thought- there's almost no way to tackle them, so it would be an easy touchdown every time.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • The fighting type was born to be sporty in general. Why do you think Korrina loves her roller skates so much? :P Obviously, a sporty person could relate to these type of pokemon. Quite possibly a lot.

Snorelax is totally not sporty though. He reminds me of a lazy couch potato type hahaha.

I mean, yeah, all snorelax are different. But......still :P

Back