• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
  • Well, I've been breeding to get a decent milotic, but I finnaly got one.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    IV's:[estimated]31/17/16/31/31/27
    EV's: 252 DEF, 132 Sp.ATK, 100 HP, 26 Spd
    Nature: Modest (-atk,+Sp.atk)
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Mirror Coat
    -Recover

Just to clear some things, I used the 26 spd ev's, to bring Milotic's speed up to 200 to outrun most slower pokemon. The mirror coat/recover combo is for pokemon that are water type and resist my other attacks. The only bad thing I found on this pokemon, was the DEF IV was average, but this was the best I was going to get, so I kept it. However, I know this pokemon has perfect IV's in HP, Sp.ATK and Sp. DEF.

SO what do you think? Is this good enough?

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Moltres used Toxic?
    Milotic should ALWAYS run a RestTalk set of some sort. I'd say go with the standard set.
    Also the uncommon Kingler sets up on that set and, according to your team, may completely sweep you. But it's not common and it's underrated. It's a complete BEAST.
    (You should not concern about that, but you should keep something like that in mind. I used an example)
    So, run a RestTalk set, and Milo wants 31HP 31DEF 31 SPDEF and the highest SP.ATK and SPEEED possible, to tie with other Milotic at least.

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • You could use that as an offensive milotic as well, though that set usually likes having a timid nature as well as 252 Speed EV's in order to make sure that it outruns positive base 80 speed pokemon such as Venusaur, Kabutops, Blaziken, and Altaria.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Hi. I think I have a team, but I wanted to get some help with it. I'm not sure about some moves or held items etc. so help there would be very appreciated too.

Linoone @ choice Scarf - Hopefully to become a revenge killer
    Timid (+Spe-Atk)
    EVs: 252Sp.Atk/252Spe
    Moveset:
    Surf
    ???
    ???
    ???

I'm not sure how I should fill the last three spaces.

Kingdra @ ??? (a Special Sweeper, but I'm not sure on the held item)
    Rash (+Sp.Atk-Sp.Def)
    EVs: 252Sp.Atk/252Spe/4HP
    Moveset:
    Outrage/Draco Meteor
    DDance
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Really a guess at what its moves should be. Outrage seems the lesser attack to choose, looking at what I want it for.

Tyranitar @ Muscle Band
    Brave (+Atk-Spe)
    EVs: 252Atk/152HP/104Def
    Moveset:
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    DDance
    Outrage

These are, again, a guess but pretty much a complete guess at Tyranitar. It could be a good Aggressive Tank.

Celebi @ Leaf Plate
    Modest (+Sp.Atk-Atk)
    Moveset:
    Leaf Storm
    Sunny Day
    Psychic
    SolarBeam

This is probably my best thought out of the lot. But its team doesn't look hopeful.

I am missing two slots for my team and wasn't sure how to fill them. Kingdra is my main focus, and I've covered its electric and Dragon Weaknesses. So, help with my last two slots would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well, I've been breeding to get a decent milotic, but I finnaly got one.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    IV's:[estimated]31/17/16/31/31/27
    EV's: 252 DEF, 132 Sp.ATK, 100 HP, 26 Spd
    Nature: Modest (-atk,+Sp.atk)
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Mirror Coat
    -Recover

Just to clear some things, I used the 26 spd ev's, to bring Milotic's speed up to 200 to outrun most slower pokemon. The mirror coat/recover combo is for pokemon that are water type and resist my other attacks. The only bad thing I found on this pokemon, was the DEF IV was average, but this was the best I was going to get, so I kept it. However, I know this pokemon has perfect IV's in HP, Sp.ATK and Sp. DEF.

SO what do you think? Is this good enough?

Yeah but evs suck, put the s.att evs in HP. Toxic >> Mirror Coat.

Moltres used Toxic?
    Milotic should ALWAYS run a RestTalk set of some sort. I'd say go with the standard set.

Uh no ? Stalker Milotic is kinda suck because its set up fodder lol

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Never used a Milotic..
    Anyway, did anyone ever try a SubRoost Skarmory? I think I'll go for a balanced team for once and I like the SubRoost strategy.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • The point of a SubRoost is set is, usually, to PP stall via the ability Pressure. Skarmory is slow so it would reqiure alot of prediction to get a sub up. Aerodactyl imo is better. Yes its weak to Bullet Punch which is very common and to a lesser extent Mach Punch and Ice Shard (less common) but it has pressure and is very fast. Bullet Punch is also easy to get rid of if it is paired with Magnezone on a team as it can take out Scizor, Lucario and Metagross who are all a threat with Bullet Punch. You can give it Rock Slide to take out Weavile (if its behind a sub) who could carry Ice Shard or some other teammate to take out Mamoswine/Infernape with Mach Punch.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • So a set with Sub/Roost/Rock Slide/EQ?
    Yeah I considered Aero. I think it'll pair up well with a Roserade lead, right?
    Then I have two teammates for my Balanced team.
    Weavile isn't common and I saw 1 Mamoswine out of 20 battles..

OK, Shouldn't I go for Zapdos for SubRoost? SR weak, but if I can get my Moltres to SR well in UU I think Zapdos shouldn't be too hard.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah Aero is about the worst sub rooster you can find this side of Ninjask. ~___~

Use Zapdos, just because something is SR weak that doesn't make it bad. :/

Zapdos@Leftovers
    248 HP / 184 SpD / 76 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Roost
    - Toxic / Hidden Power [Ice] / Roar

Use this with entry hazards and spin support and watch things struggle.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Anyone else finds Metagross an awesome Anti-Lead?

Metagross @ Lum Berry
    252 Atk / 124 SpA / 132 Spe
    Ability: Clear Body
    Naughty Nature
    -HP Fire
    -Ice Punch
    -Bullet Punch
    -Earthquake

Nice type coverage, OHKOs almost all leads, 2HKOing other leads. HP Fire is for would be counters like Skarmory and Forretress, who'll happily come in and set up hazards. Ice Punch can be useful in some situations, surprising Dragon-types and allows me to hit Gyarados (most notably). Bullet Punch to kill them once their Sash activates. EQ is for general coverage and is always nice.

Circuit

Years
  • Hi. I think I have a team, but I wanted to get some help with it. I'm not sure about some moves or held items etc. so help there would be very appreciated too.

Linoone @ choice Scarf - Hopefully to become a revenge killer
    Timid (+Spe-Atk)
    EVs: 252Sp.Atk/252Spe
    Moveset:
    Surf
    ???
    ???
    ???

I'm not sure how I should fill the last three spaces.

Rash (+Sp.Atk-Sp.Def)
    Moveset:
    Outrage/Draco Meteor
    DDance
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Really a guess at what its moves should be. Outrage seems the lesser attack to choose, looking at what I want it for.

Tyranitar @ Muscle Band
    Brave (+Atk-Spe)
    EVs: 252Atk/152HP/104Def
    Moveset:
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    DDance
    Outrage

These are, again, a guess but pretty much a complete guess at Tyranitar. It could be a good Aggressive Tank.

Celebi @ Leaf Plate
    Modest (+Sp.Atk-Atk)
    Moveset:
    Leaf Storm
    Sunny Day
    Psychic
    SolarBeam

This is probably my best thought out of the lot. But its team doesn't look hopeful.

I am missing two slots for my team and wasn't sure how to fill them. Kingdra is my main focus, and I've covered its electric and Dragon Weaknesses. So, help with my last two slots would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Just bumping this up, since it seems to have been missed.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Just bumping this up, since it seems to have been missed.

i dont know where to start, linoone, dont use special moves.
    ttar, dont use outrage or rockslide, use stone edge and friepunch/eq

kingdra aint weak to elctrik
    if ur main focus is a water type dont use sunnydayon celebi and u dont need solarrbeam if u got leafstorm

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years

• Linoone @ choice Scarf - Hopefully to become a revenge killer
    Tyranitar @ Muscle Band
    Celebi @ Leaf Plate

Thanks!

If you want a good normal revenge killer (assuming this is the lower tiers), you could run Exploud >> Lioone, since that actually has quite beastly attacking stats and great type coverage. Something like Surf | Hyper Voice | Overheat | Shadow Ball would be better, since really lioone is better off as a belly drummer with its stab ES. It might just be me being bad, but that thing swept me once and I had no idea what happened, so.. yeah. I'll probably use it one day, but only in the lower tiers. You might want to switch this slot out for something else.

Celebi usually doesn't run Psychic, due to the fact that it does nothing to the stuff that walls it, like Latias and steels. HP Fire and T-wave allows you to cripple stuff that switches in on it, so use that over Sunny Day and Solarbeam. Psychic is kinda neat if you want it to hit stuff like Rotom quite hard, but it might be better to run recovery aka Rest|Recover over that move. Your choice though. Modest is a good nature here, since you will be paralyzing a lot of stuff switching in.

Tyranitar wants speed EV's if it is ever going to outspeed anything when dancing. A jolly nature allows you to beat stuff like latias after one dd iirc. Moveset should be something like DD|Stone Edge|Crunch|Aqua Tail/EQ and with a Life Orb.

If you want Kingdra to be a special sweeper, why use DD? Either abuse Specs sniper with Draco Meteor| Hydro Pump| Dragon Pulse | Surf @ Timid Nature, or use a rain dance special set with RD|Surf/Pump|Dragon Pulse|Signal Beam/HP Electri @ Life Orb @ Modest Nature. If you decide to run the RD set, you might consider changing your team around a little more in order for it to benefit from the rain. Also, unless you decide to go with specsdra, your team currently lacks something that can just do damage without setting up, so you might want to do something about that.
    Good luck with your team!

Circuit

Years
  • Thanks! But, what would be a ood choice as somwthin that can just do damage without setting up? Maybe something like a
    Steelix
    Adamand
    Muscle Band
    EVs 252Atk/252HP/4Def
    Earthquake - Iron Tail - Iron Head - Stone Edge

What's that like?

Years
  • You should your 2 steel attacks with gyro ball, Gyro ball does lots of damage to faster foes. You could also consider explosion, and the 3 elemental fangs. I would recommend

-Earthquake
    -Gyro ball
    -Stone Edge
    -Explosion/Fire fang/Ice fang

The only Pokemon who resists all of your frist 3 attacks is a bronzong with levitate. Of course, there are bronzong with heat proof out there.

Last edited:
    Back