• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Only ONE Pokemon!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What if you were only allowed to use one Pokemon during your entire Unova journey (BW or B2W2, doesn't matter)? What would you use (and why? For sentimental reasons or because it's the strongest?) - how would you beat the gyms with type-advantages?? Talk about how you and your partner would travel Unova and take on the world, without any help from anyone else.

So for example... if you chose to journey the region with only Vanilluxe how would you fare against Brycen in BW? What would you do? How would you prove to the world that you and your partner can be the best?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If I could only use one 5th gen Pokemon for my journey, it'd be Zekrom

Clay and Drayden/Iris and Brycen? Pfft plz, Zekrom too stronk for u

Years
  • I mean I would hopelessly if I could only use one Pokemon, so I may as well go with my fave, Zorua :3

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It would probably have to be my starter, Snivy. I'd evolve it, of course. But I wouldn't say no to traveling with Reshiram, either. Or pretty much any gen 5 Pokémon, but if I had to pick I'd say Snivy/Servine/Serperior or Reshiram would be my top picks.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • I actually did a recent-ish playthrough pretty much using strictly Scraggy/Scrafty. ^^ Easily my favorite Pokemon to come out of Fifth Gen. A followup would be Reuniclus.

Vragon

(though actually I did beat B2W2's elite four and champion with only him around their level.)
    (And Marlon, Team Plasma, Kyurem, and even N with Reshiram. Genesect is a beast!)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Samurott or Emboar would be a good shout - probably the former as although HMs aren't needed, Surf is useful.

Zorua would also be a shout, although without evolving it I really would have to over-level it to ridiculous extent.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've had Samurott in my team up to three times, and it's always been the most reliable member in my teams. So I'd probably pick Samurott and destroy everyone. Only Cilan and Elesa would be really difficult, but I think I could manage.

...I might actually do this someday. Thanks for the nice idea.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Carracosta would be my go-to for sure for something like this. He's one of the few gen v. mons I actually like and use on teams.

Back