• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Favorite Series of the Winter 2017 Season So Far?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • I've only been watching Masamune-kun No Revenge, Seiren, and Demi-chan wa Kataritai so far. I'd say my favorite is probably Seiren, though I'm only on the first arc, might quit after the next episode, don't want to watch it without Tsuneki.

Honorary best Winter 2017 for me is Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen, because I love Ao no Exorcist, just not quite to Season 2 yet.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. It won anime of the winter season for me this year, anime of the year last year, and it is definitely won winter anime of the season 2017 for me. It's such a shame this series went under everyone's radar.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I think Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon ^-^. I love it, it's just so relaxing and I love absolutely all the cast.

But there's so many nice series this season, it feels unfair to not mention some more of them. Gabriel Dropout is also very fun, and Little Witch Academia is one of my favorites, too. I don't really like anime like Youjo Senki or ACCA-13 but I like them a lot too. And of course, the second season of Tales of Zestiria the X ^-^.

I could probably go on and on because I'm watching like 30 shows this season x.X. But not all of them are that good.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Masamune's revenge, Kuzu no honkai and Akiba's Trip

Nothing else really caught my eye this season.

Years
  • To answer my own question, I've only watched the first episode of Little Witch Academia for anime from this season.

I haven't been watching much this season, but I have really enjoyed every episode of KonoSuba. Hope it gets a 3rd season

It's popular enough that it probably will, unless we're either already caught up with the novels or if this second season doesn't boost LN sales enough.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Ironically, I ended up not watching anything I expected to.

Watched 3 shows this season: KonoSuba 2, which was a good time but I don't think it really came close to the original for various reasons; OneRoom, which was intentional self-torture, as I do with at least one mediocre short show each season; and Gabriel Dropout, which I went into knowing literally nothing about but ended up becoming my favorite show this season.

Oh, and I watched an episode of Kirito-kun no Revenge. Oh boy. Also an episode of Dragon Maid which wasn't bad, I could definitely stand to watch more and probably will later.

I hear Youjou Senki's a good time and I've heard nothing but good things about Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (plus Joshiraku definitely spurred a fair bit of interest in Rakugo in me, so no reason not to check it out). Then there's Scum's Witch, which I'll probs check out, and LWA, which I was actually pretty hyped for but can't really justify watching until I've seen LWA2.

Back