• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever went to a Pokémon event in real life?

Years
  • Pokémon fans, have you ever went to an event? This can be anything big or small - maybe your local town had a small TCG competition you participated in, or perhaps you attended Worlds at some point. Let us know!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I have never attended any competitive Pokémon event in real life surprisingly. I never really had the time or money to compete in VGC, at least not yet. I also never been as a spectator either. I also haven't played the TCG yet, but I do want to give it a shot. However, I have been to Gamestop in the past to receive event Pokémon but I am not sure if that counts as an event.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    None. Never attended any launch parties, trading card competitions, or even Gamestop serial code distributions. Was neither aware of any (minus the Gamestop distributions) nor particularly interested.

Years
  • Do Gamestop serial code distributions count? Or going to gamestop and picking up a re-ordered game? If so that is all I've done because I lacked funds to go to places as a kid. Now I have money and means of transportation to attend pokemon events, but I lack the time.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I don't think I went to anything big that would count. But a couple of smaller things: I went to the premiere of Pokemon movie where you got Ancient Mew cards for attending, and also I did try to go to one of those give away of Mew cards back in the day but they had run out by the time I got there. D:

Nothing aside from that that I recall.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • An official one besides going to GameStop to get distribution ones? No. Unofficial Pokemon events? Yes, I have. I wish I could go to a real one someday, though...

Years
  • I was lucky enough to attend the 2013 Pokemon World Championships, since they were held in Vancouver and I lived pretty close. Was cool to see Junichi Masuda there, but the line was too long to actually meet him.

Overall the event was fun- lots of cosplayers and just general Pokemon fans. If you weren't a part of the VGC or TCG scene there wasn't a whole lot to do, but the overall atmosphere was great, and I feel bad that I wasn't more involved in any way other than just checking it out.

Back