• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Back to single screen

Years
  • After years of having Pokémon on DS and 3DS with 2 screens - one for the overworld/battle and one for some neat gimmicks/giving commands in battle, how do you feel about returning to having all of this on one screen?

From what we can see in the trailer, I think it looks nice and don't really interrupt the feeling of the battle. I'll probably miss the Dowsing Machine from Gen V or checking the stats boosts from Gev VII.

Years
  • Im not really too bothered about it tbh, I'm used to replaying the older GBA games and such so having stuff on the bottom screen isn't vital for me, was nice having everything there to access though!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    We saw there were buttons for the moves like in XD/Stadium so I'm guessing we'll have plenty of hotkeys to use. Not too worried since I love the GBA games so much!

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I dlon't mind. I play gen 1-3 games all the time, a single screen worked then so the transition isn't bothersome at all

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
    Years
  • I think it will be fine. As mentioned, the screen is much bigger than what was on DS/3DS. It was convenient to have 2 screens, but hopefully GF finds some good ways to make it work again on 1 screen.

Yotes

GameDev
    Years
  • HUD is as slick as ever. Bright and easy to read. Kinda wish the sprite icons were bigger tho. I see lots of empty white space on those panels.

Years
  • I think I made a good call on no longer planning to get a new Pokemon game, because I got so used to the 2 screens formula. While the screen is bigger now, having everything going back to single screen for the first time since 3rd Gen is something I likely won't adjust too, since I feel it's taking a step backwards.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • Im not really too bothered about it tbh, I'm used to replaying the older GBA games and such so having stuff on the bottom screen isn't vital for me, was nice having everything there to access though!

I agree, I play the GBA games more than my 3DS ones so no double screen is no problem.

Also it will be nice to play a Pokemon game on a HD TV.

Back