• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[WORKING AS INTENDED] Unclear if I'm in the beta

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Summary
    This... sounds a little embarrassing, but I genuinely have no clue if I'm signed up to the beta or not.

I remember clicking a button, but if I go to any forum that's not the Beta Feedback forum, I'd say things still pretty much look the same. (Please see attached screenshots)

Would also be nice if there were some UI in Options that would indicate whether or not I'm in the beta!

Bug Type
    UI/Usability

Steps to Reproduce
    Unfortunately unknown—it started happening to me from one day to the other :(

Expected Results
    Clear indication of whether or not I'm in the beta; consistent viewing experience between forums

Actual Results
    No clear indication of beta status; inconsistent UI between forums

Device Configuration
    Safari on macOS Mojave.

Attachments

• Beta Feedback Forum.png
      Beta Feedback Forum.png
      151.7 KB · Views: 65
    • Sword Shield Forum.png
      Sword Shield Forum.png
      230.8 KB · Views: 28
    Last edited by a moderator:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I've noticed that too, where I appear to be using the Beta when in the supporter section, but it reverts back to Shooting for the Sun on the rest of the forums.

Another thing: sometimes, when I log in, it shows the forums in Shooting for the Sun, even though in the style selection box, it says I'm using PokéCommunity Default. To fix it, I have to click on an old style, then back to the Beta again.

Years
  • Have you guys made sure that PokéCommunity Default is set to the default style in your profiles?

Years
  • hi wuk!!!

The New UI is enabled in the PokeCommunity Beta Feedback section. Regardless of the style you're using (Johto Elite, Route 167, etc), if you go to this section, it will load with the New UI Style. It is available for all supporters as the "PokeCommunity Default" theme.

Go to Edit Options.
    soIZvtl.png

If you select "Use Forum Default", you will be given the forum's default theme for all members/guests, Soaring to the Sun.
    If you select "PokeCommunity Default", the New UI should be enabled for you across all of the forum (except for this section ofc.)

I checked - your user settings indicate currently have "Use Forum Default" selected for your default style - try going to aforementioned link and changing it to a different theme.

Last edited:
    Back