• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most expensive card you own?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Out of your entire collection, what's the most rare or most valuable card you have? Post pics if possible! :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I think my most valuable card (price-wise) is my Gold Star Mew, going for around $100 ungraded last I checked. Pulled it from a booster one Christmas—my first and only Gold Star card. Mew cards are my favorite to collect, so I really lucked out there!

Next to that is probably Ooyama's Pikachu. Wailord ex (Sandstorm) was up there for a while, back when it was tournament legal, but it has dropped considerably since.

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Depends on what the 'value' means, sentimental value wise, I would have to say my Dewgong card v

because I've had it since I was a kid.
    Value, money wise, according to Pokemon card prices, my Venusaur card at its highest can get $3499.95.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Depends on what the 'value' means, sentimental value wise, I would have to say my Dewgong card v
    I'm curious! Why is the Dewgong the most sentimental one? First card?

Naturally, I can't find the pic I took of my most expensive card and I'm too lazy to take one now. :') But, I'd have to say the most valuable is my misprinted Ninetales. Both for monetary and sentimental reasons.
    Spoiler:

Another valuable group are these cards, the Pokemon PLAY 19-21 collection:
    Spoiler:

And lastly, pretty much anything from the E-Series is selling for mad money right now.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    That reminds me! I actually forgot I have two Star Vaporeon! :o Shame on me for not including that.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm curious! Why is the Dewgong the most sentimental one? First card?

One of the very first I got of the packet, but it was always just one of my favourites in my collection as well. 👌

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    My most valuable card is Shining Charizard. My uncle gave me all of his old cards, and I stumbled upon this rare bs.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    I pulled two of the Plasma Freeze Ultra Ball secret rares.

Runner up would be the shiny Charizard secret rare from Plasma Storm I pulled from a pack from Walmart.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2019
    Probably my Shadowless Charizard in Near Mint condition:

This runs between $500 and $800 right now, I believe.

Next would be my other Charizards from the original Base Set and my Shadowless Blastoise, in Near Mint condition, each worth over $100:

Mind you, these market prices are for ungraded cards. They would likely be worth more after being graded by PSA or Beckett.

Quickly wanted to say that I saw some posters on here saying their cards are worth more than they really are, and I'm guessing they came across the list price of graded, gem mint condition versions of those cards on eBay, which are incredibly rare and expensive. Judging by some of your photos, your cards are not in that good of condition, nor are they graded. Not trying to burst any bubbles, just trying to help!

Cheers!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    My mother owns a 1st Edition Charizard that she opened herself when I was just a baby. I get it as soon as I graduate from college (as a present). I'm never selling it.

Back