• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC CD-ROM Games

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Back in the 90s and early 2000s, there were a plethora computer games on CD. A lot of them were designed for older mac & Windows Computers. Some examples of PC CD-Rom games include Put Put, Lego Land, and Oregon Trail.

What PC Cd Rom games do you remember playing? I remember a whole ton, to be honest. Some that I remember playing are Big Thinkers First Grade, Arthur's Camping Adventure/Arthur's Pet Chase, Madeline's European Adventure, Grammar Rock, Curious George Print and Paint Studio, Where's the Blanket, Charlie Brown, and a Stanley computer game. I also played Legoland, and many others that just don't come to mind right now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Hnn~ Legoland just triggered a wave of nostalgia... making huge Driving School attractions was my favorite thing to do.
    I'd say that for me, Zoo Tycoon, Lego Alpha Team, Lego Racers (1 and 2) and Pokemon Play It! v2 were the CD-rom games I've spent the most time on.
    I had both expansions for Zoo Tycoon and I really enjoyed making dinosaur zoos, although since I barely understood english at the time, I didn't realize I could invest into research and conservation to unlock stuff like the Great Panda, Yeti or T-Rex. Lego Alpha team was a moderately challenging puzzle game for me, especially those darn rope mechanics... Lego Racers 1 was something that my brother and mom played more than me, I was more of a Lego Racers 2 guy and I'd spend hours in explore mode and drive around the different worlds. By the way, why DID Mr.Berg have those tires in his cave when he clearly doesn't need them? Lastly Pokemon Play It! v2 (because v1 was trash), my favorite deck was the Royal Deck because I really liked the Nidorino card. Water deck was completely broken. I've spent a lot of time in the deck editor and collection viewer as well.

pkmin3033

I actually still have all my old PC CD-ROMs somewhere I think. I started with this weird little game called V2000 that was much too difficult for me and I never did figure out what to do in it...I'd love to play it again now that I'm older, but it's not on anything and I haven't had time to really look for a less legal source, haha. I played a lot of Age of Empires, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, and Army Men: Toys in Space when I was a kid though, I was really into RTS games. I had a very low spec PC until I got my first laptop and I was more interested in my Gameboy, so I didn't have too many PC games. Plus CD-ROMs were expensive as hell back then. Like, current generation console RRP expensive.

Years
    • Online now
    I rented them every week from the local library, but I don't think I ever owned any.

In particular I liked cartoons and there was a CD where you could make movies out of various nick cartoons. I would always rent that one.

Years
  • Anyone remember the Backyard Football game? You pick these random kids to play on a team and you played against other kids on teams and each kid had their own personality and touch-down dance. It's a very faded memory of mine.

Back