• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IDs vs Passports

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • With Alola providing Passports to the player instead of the traditional Trainer IDs, what do you prefer?

Did you like the stamps you'd received on your Passport? Or did you like the features IDs had (Badge viewing & shining, your own signature, trainer/game stats, etc)? Do you wish that Passports would make a comeback in the next game/gen? Would you want IDs to come back? Why or why not?

Please provide any other thoughts/comments down below :)

Years
  • I really loved the trainer ID's, it gave you a sense of personal achievement when progressing through your journey as you could see the various stars and badges when viewing it. I'm not saying the Passports didn't do this, but there was something more 'official' about the trainer IDs and I hope they make a comeback.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Passports seem like a cooler gimmick to me so I prefer those. Maybe they're more suitable to Alola since we travel through islands, but it's definitely a nice change up to the regular format of having Trainer IDs.

Years
  • Maybe they're more suitable to Alola since we travel through islands

That's a good point and I think it's quite significant how we have a passport when the player has moved from Kanto to Alola, so it makes sense for us to have a passport in terms of the context of Sun and Moon.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Thought passport is colorful and stylish, but just flipping for stamps and tell about your accomplishment. Some reason ID I find it too plain since they get rid the polishing gym badges and gym sounds also stars doesn't explain why you get them.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Eh, I didn't even notice gen7 replaced IDs. I guess I'm neutral with both, never really tried out this passport thingy in my gen7 games yet to even know what it's like.

Years
  • I like the classic Trainer ID card. While I understand the Passport fits with a region like Alola, I do hope the original cards do return in the next region.

Back