• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2019
    You have to wait until the next beta to get Gallade. As for Draining Kiss, that's a common bug in Emerald hacks. Turning off battle animations fixes that.

No I'm not trying to use the stone, I'm just trying to get past it in my bag. It's the second item in my bag and once the "cursor" gets to it, the game freezes.

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Hey everyone, I've just realized how long it's been since I've posted any sort of update here, so I thought now would be as good a time as any. October was a crazy month for me, which saw me spend an enormous amount of time at university, preventing me from really making any significant progress on the hack. My last exam is on the 20th of November, so beyond that I should have plenty of time to continue working on this project. My current goal is just to get the next version out this year, but those type of estimates are always subject to change, so take that with a grain of salt. Lastly, I thought I'd sign off with a few screenshots of things I've been working on for Beta 2!

Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Very nice screenshots,looking forward to it. :nod:

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    No I'm not trying to use the stone, I'm just trying to get past it in my bag. It's the second item in my bag and once the "cursor" gets to it, the game freezes.

I read that the Dawn Stone is bugged. Got to wait for the update to fix that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Hi, I'm having an issue where if I'm going through my bag and get to a Dawn Stone (which I got off a wild Ralts) the game freezes and I have to restart. (Had a similar issue using Draining Kiss with Ralts but the game eventually continued).

Oh man, I hope the problem with Draining Kiss can be fixed. I like this move a lot, and I plan to use it all the time with my Gardevoir.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I read that the Dawn Stone is bugged. Got to wait for the update to fix that.
    I can confirm that I've already fixed the Dawn Stone bug and that it will not be a problem in Beta 2. As a side note, I really only officially offer support for VBA, since that is the emulator I test on. As far as I'm aware, the Dawn Stone was never an issue on that emulator.
    Oh man, I hope the problem with Draining Kiss can be fixed. I like this move a lot, and I plan to use it all the time with my Gardevoir.
    Yep, this one has been fixed too. It was just a case of finding a new animation for it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I can confirm that I've already fixed the Dawn Stone bug and that it will not be a problem in Beta 2. As a side note, I really only officially offer support for VBA, since that is the emulator I test on. As far as I'm aware, the Dawn Stone was never an issue on that emulator.

Yep, this one has been fixed too. It was just a case of finding a new animation for it!

Awesome, Hillsy13!

By the way, that conversation about a specific move remembered me about another move that I would like to know if it is available in your hack Emerald Genesis, and I'm talking about the move "snore". Knowadays the move snore is a special move with 50 of power and 100 of accuracy. In the original Emerald the move snore is available to be learned trhu a move tutor in the battle frontier. So, the move snore is also available in Emerald Genesis that same way? And if it is, it is obviously updated to be a special move, right?

I'm sorry if that question was "too specific", but that talk about the move draining kiss just remembered me about this other move that I also really love.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2020
    This game is my favorite Emerald Remake, the AI is strong and the graphics looks good. Wes is a hard opponent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2020
    I think it would be nice if you add a little story with Shadow Pokemon and Team Cipher to this game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Hey hillsy. First of all thank you for your time dedication on this hack. I know alot of people appreciate what your doing, so keep up the good work. I wanted to know if its too late to add ability pills, putting the stat that affects the berries next to it when purchasing berries, adding old characters to the story/post story such as Kris or red or blue(not all of them) or even have steven play more of a role as a pokemon master. I know you probably want to stick to the main story as much as you can, but emerald being great and all always seem to lack in the story. I think others would find it interesting. You know a reason to actually train our pokemon to level 100

Years
  • Hey. Just took notice of this hack looks pretty cool. Will the patch for 2.0 still take a long time? If it does will it be save compatible?

profoakspal

Splitnonemore
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    This game is beautiful, and yours is what emerald could've been. Thank you. With that being said, I didn't buy sword and shield because it didn't have a battle frontier, simply put. Pokemon is usually super easy. Thank you for making this game even more fun with the updated pokedex and gym leaders. We have such a blessing. Thank you for your hard work.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Eagerly waiting on beta 2! This hack truly pulled me back to how Emerald felt me when I first played it, I.e a fresh experience! Really hoping Wes has a bigger role in the next beta!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Happy new year, Hillsy13!

I hope that you didn't gave up on beta 2. I'm still waiting for beta 2!
    But I'm writing also to say to you that I'm playing this other hack called "Fire Red Reimagined", and this hack did something that I always wanted in the pokémon games, that is 2 things: Itens CANNOT be used in battles, and of course this include all the players, you and the opponent (for the exception, of course, you can use the pokéballs, and maybe key itens), AND... the game DOES NOT asks to you if you want to change your pokémon after you defeat one of the pokémons of the opponent telling you what pokémon he is about to send. These two changes are SO GREAT, because they make the game more difficult, but not just difficult, I mean difficult in a way that MAKES TOTAL SENSE, it's so great, it's an amazing addition, I am certain that all pokémon games should have at least the option to apply this.

So! If you can, and if you like this option, can you please at least have this option somehow in Emerald Genesis? It would make Emerald even more perfect! But if you can't, okay, I'm still waiting beta 2 with all the new features that you already told.

Thank you again, Hillsy13! Please, take care! o/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Battle Style: Set instead of Shift has been an option in official Pokemon games forever.

Oh, that was totally my bad! Yes, you are correct and I'm a total fool.
    However the first point that I said still stand, right? Normally there is no option that prevents everybody in battle to use any item, right? So, that would still be a nice addition.

Again, thank you for exposing my foolness, I'll try to not do it again.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh, that was totally my bad! Yes, you are correct and I'm a total fool.
    However the first point that I said still stand, right? Normally there is no option that prevents everybody in battle to use any item, right? So, that would still be a nice addition.

Again, thank you for exposing my foolness, I'll try to not do it again.

I think Blazing Emerald is a hack in which the trainers do not use items, and is in some ways similar to Emerald Genesis,

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I think Blazing Emerald is a hack in which the trainers do not use items, and is in some ways similar to Emerald Genesis,

Thank you! I'll check that "Blazing Emerald" soon. But I have a strong feeling that Emerald Genesis by Hillsy13 will be my definitive Emerald hack. I hope to not be disappointed, I think I will not!

Right now, while I'm waiting, I decided to start playing the famous hack Dark Violet... I'll see for myself if the only real problem with that hack is the inconsistensy with the narrative of the story and if is that bad... I tried for a long time to find a hack that remakes the story of Red and Green in Kanto, and I know that there is a lot of hacks that just do that, however my taste is too specific, I don't like all the generations in the game, I prefer if it would be just from gen 1 to gen 4, I don't like mega evolutions, I only like specific sprites for pokémon and humans, etc... I tested a lot of hacks trying to find one that at least comes close to my taste, but always lacks something that ends up bothering me too much... The one that came close was Omega Red by J-Steven, but in my opinion J-Steven makes a mistake when he tries to put all in the game, makes the game too bloated for me, and ends up ruining it...

Anyway! Thank you, mr. Inner Rhymes! o/

Years
  • I don't want forced set in battles, options should always be present in any hack.

Edit: I'd love if hacks started incorporating multiple difficulty settings so the player chooses how difficult their journey is.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2021
    Hi I'm trying to evolve porygon but the trade stone doesn't work on it, any advice? Great hack :)

Back