• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite buildings in video games

TY

I have never seen a thread like this before and this idea came to me this morning when I looked at my base in Red Alert 2 and thought about the look of the structures there.

So this might be something odd to talk about considering they're buildings and not characters or items or means of transport (although could there be a transport building idk).
    But there are definetly buildings in games that you think may look stunning.

As for me as a kid I always loved how the Soviet Construction Yard looked in C&C: Red Alert 2. Something about its appearance along with how it was portrayed made me like it so much, untill it was on fire then I became a sad young TY :(

On the other hand the Town Center in the Feudal Age of Age of Empires II always looked cozy, even tried to build that thing irl from legos at some point.

What are some of your favorite buildings you have encountered in games?

pkmin3033

The Lighthouse dungeons in the GBA Golden Sun titles (because we don't talk about Dark Dawn) spring to mind for me thinking about this. As dungeons they were extremely well designed, the music was extremely catchy, and each one culminated in a pretty fantastic boss battle.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Hyrule Castle from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time is my favorite building.

Have to agree with you on that one. However, to be different, I'll pick the Temple of Time as I can just sit inside of it for 10 minutes and not want to leave.

Years
  • By far, it's the Forerunner buildings from Halo----especially from Halo 2, the Containment Zone! It's a mountain-sized functional building, ominously sitting upon horizon. It's not an evil place, but you also know from its unique heavy design, antenna-like arm structures and overgrown glow----it's not a place you ever wanted to go.

I always used my sniper rifle to explore the canvas, and detail the 3D map designer put into it. Up close, what you see from a distance, is actually there up close--not just a texture. It seems like a fortress but the compartmentalize inner architecture makes it more multipurpose than it's appearance.

2ae26258c0da771f0f435436e19fa5ea--buildings.jpg

VHS

"bless yo trap"
    Years
  • The Snowpeak Ruins mansion in the Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was my favorite, other then that; the Surf HM house in the gah damn safari zone

Back