• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying pokemon type?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • What it says, what do you guys feel is the most difficult type in the game to deal with? And note: this is not a discussion on what is the weakest type or your least favourite type, but rather the one you have a hard time dealing with in battle.

Also, as I was looking up this topic, I came across an older thread like this and...
    I dislike bug Pokemon and I also hate rock type Pokemon.

But you commonly use the Sewaddle line as your avatars in your past. Of course I know, those mons didn't exist back when that thread was made, this is a 100% joke, feel free to ignore it.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hm, I'm not sure if I can really say my most "annoying type" - it's more like types that I personally just use the least. In some ways, Water is annoying because there's so many of them. Bug can be annoying because they're historically so weak. Flying can be annoying because it seems like they're all so similar. But the reality is none of them are bad!

But for the sake of character consistency, I'm going to say that Poison and Steel are the most annoying. ;)

Years
  • Fairies can be annoying for the ghost leader, having Sableye and Spritiomb be weak to them, while only having Gengar, Aegis (who is banned from mono) and Chandy naturally resist them. But so are Normies and most importantly Dark boys especially nubfrogs.

OOC: Meh; idrc about battling any type in particular. Can counter each appropriately.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Even though I've never really had the opportunity to play against them, I think Steel Types are the most annoying. They resist so much and have such a strong physical defense that Fighting and Ground(two of its weaknesses) aren't as effective as Fire(its other primary weakness). Plus being immune to Poison and resistant to Rock makes entry and other stall tactics ineffective.

Sirfetch’d

Dunno really. Normal type perhaps? While it's not necessarily a good type by itself Normal Pokemon generally have a large movepool so you don't really have any idea of what type of attack they will be using against you. You can easily be caught off guard.

TheEntireCombeeMovieScript

creeper, aw man
    Years
  • bLah bLaH fAiRy TyPeS aRe ThE mOsT aNnOyInG bEcAuSe ThEy'Re So GiRlY xDdDdD- You know what? No. I'd say Steel types are the most annoying because of their RIDICULOUS amount of resistances. (Like, 10 resistances? Are you KIDDING ME?) They also have Extremely High Physical Defence which means that the only really "good" type to use against them is Fire and even then, there are a LOT of physical Fire moves out there. Actually using Steel types is fun though.

Years
  • Normal types. Whereas most other types have multiple weaknesses so there are plenty of ways to go around them, with Normal types it's a bit trickier because either you have a Fighting-type/move, or you don't. Not that there's anything wrong with neutral damage in particular, but some Normal-types are pretty bulky to the point where neutral damage might as well mean nothing to them.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Steel types in battle, as they have waay too many resistances, making them hard to take down in one hit, and don't even get me started on Jasmine's fight, her Steelix is so damn annoying.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Honestly? Poison types because every time I'm just trying to grind there's that one Poison type that comes and poison me and I just don't happen to have anything to cure it so I have to trek myself back to the Pokemon Center to heal.

... Other than that it's situational and depends on the Pokemon I have on my team.

Years
  • Steel-type, but that's mostly because many robot and inanimate object Pokemon, which are Pokemon that I really dislike, tend to be Steel-type. They have too many resistances too.

Last edited:
    Back