• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's electrifying!!!

I'm so HM02

Banned
Years
  • My house just got struck by lightning. I know the odds are slim, but it happen. Has anyone else had your house or a anything struck by lightning? Please be respectful when replying.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Two nice horse barns in my town have burned down in the past few years because they were struck by lightning. The first one was about 3 or 4 years ago and 20 or so horses perished. It was a horrible horrible night! The most recent one was actually about 3 weeks ago, but thankfully they got all the horses out.

Pretty scary stuff!

Sirfetch’d

We have a large tree in our front yard that was split in half by lightning. We were able to save a portion of the tree but it's horribly disfigured. I'll post a picture tomorrow when it's daylight :o

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I take it your house is ok?

The only thing I've ever seen struck by lightning was this one tree a few years ago, though I didn't see the actual strike since I first saw it the day after. Was practically split in half with wood shards everywhere and basically no bark.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    tumblr_lx8suu2LQ71qc4z7h.gif

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Nothing I own has been hit by it. Old oak trees scarred by burns from lightning are not too rare here. They don't care about anything; they just keep on living.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Surprisingly, even though I used to live in an area where daily thunderstorms were a thing, I...don't think I ever saw anything actually get struck by lightning. Not during, not after. Well, maybe I saw after, but just never realized it.

Back