• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kenya and Shuckie

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    • Kenya is Webster's Spearow that is holding a mail, he asks the player to deliver it to his friend on Route 31. As a gesture of thanks, he will give the player an HP Up. Once the mail has been delivered, Webster's friend will hand out TM44 (Rest).
    • Shuckie is a Shuckle given to the player by Kirk in Cianwood City. It is given to the player for safe keeping. Kirk will later ask for Shuckie back. If the player agrees, he will let him/her keep it if it has high friendship; otherwise he will take it back.

Did you return these Pokemon to their original trainers or keep them? Used any of them on your team?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I kept them both. I put the mail on a different Pokémon and while he didn't take the Pokémon he did take the mail.

I always felt bad about keeping Shuckie because of the circumstances. Through the implications, we can deduce that Kirk's Sneasel was stolen by Silver. And if you don't return Shuckie, he says something like "You're no better than that thief!" referencing Silver.

I don't know if this was in the original games or not, but I'm glad that at least in HGSS he lets you keep it if you have high friendship with it. I just feel so bad otherwise...

Years
  • Hey, it's the closest I'll get to being a Team Rocket Grunt, so I guess I'll keep them both. In all honesty, I forgot about them in a box and that was that.

Years
  • Pretty sure I did a mean thing and attached Kenya's held item to another Pokémon I caught which I didn't need and gave that in its place. =p lol I dunno why I did it but the boosted experience really appealed to me back then since I didn't have Wi-Fi at the time. Shuckie I trained up to increase his friendship so the original trainer would let me keep it. :D

Neither were used on my team rip.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm pretty sure I returned Shuckie, since at the time I didn't know I would have been able to keep it if the friendship was high. As for Kenya, I just swung by the route and dropped her off since I was headed that way for some reason or another.

Back