• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Play time clock naming

Guest123_x1

Do any of you have a particular name that you give the play time counter found on each main series game (not the real time clock, but the cumulative time that ends at 999:59 or 255:59 depending on the generation of game)?

I know it's not the best word to describe it, I like to call the play time counter a "time odometer" or simply "odometer", as its constantly increasing without the ability to legitimately reset or manually change it back makes the feature akin to the mileage on a car (though, just as car odometers can be tampered with, cheating devices can be used to tamper with a Pok?mon save file's play time).

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Not really, because I never really paid any attention to it. It's just a counter to see how much time you've spent in the game.

Back