• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Marcalle Fakedex

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
Hello everyone!
Soooo… remember that fakedex I was creating about a region inspired in the Iberian Peninsula? Well, I hate it. I mean, I don't like how it turned out. That is not what I wanted. The Pokémon that I was creating there had nothing to do with the culture of the place, I was just, you know, slap an element to an animal and calling it good. But that is not what I wanted. I wanted something more, I wanted Pokémon more inspired in more things than just one. I wanted to go in Galar design, where EVERY Pokémon there is British. So I started a new region, that is now inspired just in Portugal rather than Portugal and Spain.

With that being said, welcome to Marcalle region! Marcalle is a combination of the word mar (sea in Portuguese) and Calle, the name of Portugal in the past. This region is the place where the "fan games" Pokémon Storming Skies and Pokémon Raging Seas will take place. For now, I won't start the fakedex, because I still need to think some of the designs and adjust other things on them, but I'll leave you with the map of the region for you to know how it looks. Also, some of the Fakemon here will be redesigns of the old Pokémon from Iberinsule. If you guys want, I can make athread showing you the beta designs of the Fakemon! What about it?

Here is the map:

yJAvdgz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Ooh, I like this! Lots of details in this map and it looks like a lot of time went into creating it. ❤️ Definitely curious to see your beta designs of Pokémon that would reside here, always interested to see fanmade Pokémon creations!

Curiously, what is the building with pink/yellow/blue and a telescope (I think) at the top supposed to be based off of?

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
Ooh, I like this! Lots of details in this map and it looks like a lot of time went into creating it. ❤️ Definitely curious to see your beta designs of Pokémon that would reside here, always interested to see fanmade Pokémon creations!

Thank you! :) It took me so long to make it

Curiously, what is the building with pink/yellow/blue and a telescope (I think) at the top supposed to be based off of?

It's inspired in a place in Lisbon, the "Palácio da Pena" or Palace of the feather, if translated literally in English. It's a very colorful castle, and because it was to big to put in the map, I decided to transform it into a tower, and had the idea of making it not just a tower, but an astronomy tower and a planetary. It's also a psychic-type/astronomy themed gym.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
And it's finally here! Sorry it took so long, but here are the Pokémon of the Marcalle region (just the starter for now, but I'll post the other Pokémon very soon).
So, without further ado, here are the starters of the Marcalle region, for Pokémon Storming Skies And Pokémon Raging Seas!

To7VqaG.jpg

#001 - Sprynx

The Lynx Pokémon
Type: Grass
Name origin: Sprout + Lynx
Based on an Iberian Lynx and an Armenia arcuata

h54tJbI.jpg

#002 - Iberynx

The Lynx Pokémon
Type: Grass
Name origin: Iberian + Lynx (I got lazy :P)

gOKoHOK.jpg

#003 - Blossynx

The Lynx Pokémon
Type: Grass/Psychic
Name origin: Blossom + Lynx
Signature Move: Luring Bloom:
-Psychic-type move
-90 power
-Special Move
-Two turn move
-Acts like follow me, but every Pokémon that attacks the user, becomes confused and lowers it's speed by 1 stage. Attacks the target in second turn.

So I decided to maintain Blossynx's evolutionary line for the grass starter because I love it so much, but I did change a few things, like the type of flower on the tail, the lavender flower to the Armenia arcuata, because this type of flower is extinct in Portugal and there's the whole thing of grass starters being based on extinct species, but it never specified that it needed to be an animal so… And also, I changed Blossynx typing, from mono-grass to grass/psychic because I thought that it would be a good idea to the flower, once it's fully open, can lure Blossynx's preys using psychic powers, that's why it's signature move is psychic-type.

1ebmhgB.jpg

#004 - Calflame

The Calf Pokémon
Type: Fire
Name origin: Calf + Flame
Based on a calf

JjTzZ5q.jpg

#005 - Pyrox

The Ox Pokémon
Type: Fire
Name origin: Pyro + Ox
Based on an ox

WNNpcLm.jpg

#006 - Bullferno

The Bull Pokémon
Type: Fire/Dark
Name origin: Bull+ Inferno
Signature Move: Fiery Rage:
-Dark-type move
-90 Power
-Physical move
-Recoil damage move
-It has recoil damage of 1/4 of the damage made. It has a 20% chance of burning.
Based on a bull and the legend of Bumba meu Boi

Yep. Flamander did not make it into stay as a starter. Neither did Burnagon. But at least we got this cool bull Pokémon. I decided to make a starter that has not been made, because of the Chinese zodiac fire starter theory. Basically in the theory states that all Fire starters are inspired in animals of the Chinese zodiac, and that it left with the snake, the sheep, the horse and the ox. I didn't wanted to make a snake or a sheep, because many people went with that idea and there's already a fire horse Pokémon, so I went with the ox. Also, there is a Brazilian legend called Bumba meu Boi, or Bumba My Ox in English, that apparently was created in the Iberian Peninsula. Many people would make a Minotaur for an ox Pokémon as the final stage, but I am soooooo tired of bipedal Fire starters, so it stayed as an ox (in this case is a bull). Also people like to make an fighting type ox, but I said no. We don't need another Fire/Fighting starter, am I right?

IWvpald.jpg

#007 - Otterive

The Otter Pokémon
Type: Water
Name origin: Otter + River
Based on an otter

lwg1HcJ.jpg

#008 - Swotter

The Otter Pokémon
Type: Water
Name origin: Sword + Otter
Based on an otter

LTT4vHJ.jpg

#009 - Knightter

The Knight Otter Pokémon
Type: Water/Fighting
Name origin: Knight + Otter
Signature Move: Fluvial Slash:
-Fighting-type move
-90 Power
-Physical Move
-Breaking-screen move
-It breaks screens like reflect, light screen, aurora veil, etc.. If it K.O.'s a Pokémon, it raises the users attack. Damage increases in 50% in the rain.
Based on an otter and a knight.

Watter is back with a new name! Watter sounded weird, so I changed it to Otterive. I changed the evolutionary line's design as well! Their skin color is no longer more cyan, but blue, also their eyes looked like they were ghosts, so I changed them to be more normal. Also, I hated Knightter's design, so I changed it and omg this new one is so much better! One thing I forgot to mention: those things in their heads act like natural helmets, because, you know, knight's helmets and stuff. Also the "fish" is not actually a fish, it's a rock, because you can't really use fishes as swords…

Last edited:

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
Hello again! Here are some more Fakemon for this Fakedex.
After you pick your starter mon, you will go down to the first route, where you can find (and even capture) these cuties! Enjoy!

The Regional Rodent:

2DvbhYP.jpg

#010 - Burrole

The Mole Pokémon
Type: Normal/Ground
Name origin: Burrow + Mole
Based on a mole

R2XmYtz.jpg

#011 - Farmolerb

The Farmer Pokémon
Type: Normal/Ground
Name origin: Farmer + Mole + Herb
Based on a mole and farmers

So when creating this Pokémon I searched on google "mole Fakemon" for inspiration. Then I saw that more than half of the drawings were moles with grass attributes, so I decided to went with that. Kinda. Farmolerb has no grass-like attributes, so that's why he's not a grass type, it's simply a farmer's helper/pet. It can still learn grass moves, like leech seed or absorb. Also, it took me so long to find a nose for Burrole that could fit it well. I'm not joking. Nearly one entire hour for a nose.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
Regional Bugs:

OseIzAL.jpg

#012 - Sylknitt

The Silkworm Pokémon
Type: Bug/Normal
Name origin: Silk + Knit
Signature move: Silk Shot:
-Bug-type move
-0 power
-Status move
-Acts like string shot, but a bit different. It lowers the target's speed for 5 turns and has a 30% chance to lower accuracy by 1 stage.
Based on a Silkworm's larva

Av4vn4a.jpg

#013 - Sylkoloon

The Cocoon Pokémon
Type: Bug/Normal
Name origin: Silk + Color + Cocoon
-Bug-type move
-0 power
-Status move
-Acts like string shot, but a bit different. It lowers the target's speed for 5 turns and has a 30% chance to lower accuracy by 1 stage.
Based on a silkworm's cocoon

I2yVpJ0.jpg

#014 - Mothaerilk

The Moth Pokémon
Type: Bug/Fairy
Name origin: Moth + Faerie + Silk
-Bug-type move
-0 power
-Status move
Based on a silkworm's moth

There is a lot of inspirations for this evolutionary line, so I'm gonna resume them real quick. First the typing. I made them Bug/Normal-type because first, that typing didn't exist, and second, because silkworms produce silk, which is really common these days. Sylknitt's front "legs " are like that because they act like knitting needles. The silk is coming out of that spike to reference the sleeping beauty story, where she sticks her finger in a spinning wheel and sleep. That's why Sylknitt can also learn sleep powder. Also, Sylknitt's k is silent, like in the word knit. Sylkoloon is a fusion of a cocoon and a knitting ball. It's body is colorful, because I read that silkworm's cocoons can come in different colors, so I thought: "Well, why not use all of them?" So I did. Now Mothaerilk is a fairy-type, because some people call them the "real world fairies". It's moon-shaped antennas are like that due to the fact that one Chinese astronaut brought a tree sapling and silkworm eggs to the moon, to see if that could survive there. Also, I am aware that silkworms don't live in Portugal, but elephants don't live in Great Britain either, so who cares. Also I really wanted to do a silkworm Pokémon, it's my favorite bug!

d9NhgzB.jpg

#015 - Buglow

The Larva Pokémon
Type: Bug
Name origin: Bug + Glow
Based on a firefly's larva

doh9zRq.jpg

#016 - Fline

The Firefly Pokémon
Type: Bug/Fire
Name origin: Fly + Shine
Based on a firefly and a lamp

8PjqnhO.jpg

#017 - Bugescent

The Firefly Pokémon
Type: Bug/Fire
Name origin: Bug + Incandescent
Based on a firefly and a lava lamp

I won't lie, I got really lazy making Fline's evolution, I just didn't knew what to make for its body, so now it's like this. Also, yes, Fline is the best name I could find for the middle evolution (don't judge me pls). I really wanted a firefly Pokémon, I love them! They are beautiful, unique and really cute, they look magical. But then we got Volbeat and Illumise. I just hate them. I wanted something better. So I made these. I hope you like them more than the other two.

Last edited:

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
And, finally, the regional bird:

MnF04mn.jpg

#018 - Singale

The Bird Pokémon
Type: Flying
Name origin: Sing + Nightingale
Signature ability: Musician:
It make all sound-based moves 1.5x stronger
Based on a nightingale

rT5ei07.jpg

#019 - Galody

The Bird Pokémon
Type: Flying
Name origin: Nightingale + Melody
Based on a nightingale and a Fado singer

NJ3apBx.jpg

(Male form)

EUIkWbt.jpg

(Female form)

#020 - Symphonird

The Singer Pokémon
Type: Fairy/Flying
Name origin: Symphony + Bird
Based on a nightingale and Fado singers

My first Fakemon with a really changing sexual dimorphism! If you remember, this was Birdale, a Pokémon I made for the Iberinsule fakedex. But the design was so plain, than I wanted to redesign it. So now it's Singale, a little bird fado singer. Also, yes I hate normal/flying regional birds. That is why my regional bird is pure flying (was normal/flying bc I wanted to give it STAB on most of the sound moves, but fixed it now). Also, when making this Pokémon, I remembered that some people like to say that "your voice sounds like a nightingale" to people that sing well. And what is the most popular music in Portugal? Fado, which it was created by them. Also, the final evolution is fairy-type, because they have a "voice of an angel", who, in my opinion, are pure an kind, like a fairy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My team would definitely start with Knightter and Mothaerilk so far. Excited to see your region's take on the classic electric rodent! Great work so far! ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

Years
Mothaerilk no doubt. that thing is cute and pretty and needs to be on my team =3
Might try to add on a (Female form) Symphonird too =)

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
Yea same. Fairy is, after all, my favorite type. I just love every single fairy type. All but Snubull.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
Another day, another Fakemon! I was going to reveal this one along with another one that I haven't done yet, but I thought: "You know what? I don't care. I'm releasing this one today and the other tomorrow." So that is wants is going to happen.
Anyway, let's get to it. The moment you've all been waiting for!

Behold! The Pikaclone!

vjO7h3w.jpg

#021 - Subani

The Bunny Pokémon
Type: Electric
Name origin: Subayai + Banī (Quick + Bunny in Japanese)
Based on a bunny

zwpLhGV.jpg

#022 - Nousokai

The Hare Pokémon
Type: Electric
Name origin: Nousagi + Sokudo + Raimei (Hare + Speed + Thunder in Japanese)
Signature ability: Skate Switch:
Swaps it's form from normal form to skate form after using Thunder Skates, for 5 turns.
Signature move: Thunder Skates:
-Elestric-type move
-90 power
-Physical move, but Special in last turn
-Five turn move
-Triggers ability. For four turns, it attacks it's opponents with physical attacks, tackling them. In the fifth turn, it turns a special move, shooting its electric skates to the target.
Based on a hare and skates.

Yes, I am crazy enough to give an evolution to a Pikaclone. I've always thought that they needed one, like Dedenne. And, at least for me, the evolved form looks really cool. A got the idea that, because hares are fast, it would combine perfectly if I gave them electric attributes to justify its speed. I also had the idea that they could have little pads in their feet where they store electricity, and combined that with roller skates. Then came the idea of electric skates. It just works so well! I love this. What do you think about it?

Last edited:

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
Hello everyone! Yes, I'm alive, I did not appeared here because I was in vacation these days and I wasn't in the mood of posting while I was relaxing. Also while in vacation I finally got a Nintendo Switch and spender my time playing games like Sword, Brilliant Diamond and Animal Crossing. But now I'm back to action with new Pokémon for ya.

I present to you:

9Gn0D0E.jpg

#023 - Haspring

The Spring Pokémon
Type: Grass/Flying
Name Origin: Hatchling + Spring
Based on a swallow

HlJwaTP.jpg

#024 - Florallow

The Spring Pokémon
Type: Grass/Flying
Name Origin: Flora + Swallow
Based on a swallow

The idea of this Pokémon came of the swallow's migration, where they migrate from a place to another and arrive in spring. There is a saying that "the swallows bring spring", so I took that literally. Also the flower on the Pokémon's tail is a carnation, a flower of much meaning in Portugal.

DjcNTd8.jpg

#025 - Embird

The Fiery Pokémon
Type: Fire/Flying
Name Origin: Ember + Bird
Based on a falcon

ntKKH8V.jpg

#026 - Falcano

The Fiery Pokémon
Type: Fire/Flying
Name Origin: Falcon + Volcano
Based on a falcon

It's a flaming falcon. Nothing much to add here, it's just a falcon on fire. I kinda took inspiration from the Phoenix, but, yeah that's all. I just thought it would be cool, so I did.

sFTnj64.jpg

#027 - Maringo

The Fluvial Pokémon
Type: Water/Flying
Name Origin: Marine + Flamingo
Based on a flamingo

1MdpVO5.jpg

#028 - Flamingant

The Fluvial Pokémon
Type: Water/Flying
Name Origin: Flamingo + Elegant
Based on a flamingo

So I saw on a Netflix documentary that some baby flamingos can't keep up with the rest of the group, so they are left behind, and then layers of salt start to grow and accumulate on the flamingo's legs. Those salt layers made me think about an accessory for ballet dancer's legs. And when you combine all of that, you get this: a ballet dancer water flamingo. It looks kinda cool in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
These were all inspired on the Unova monkeys. The concept of second starters is very cool, but Game Freak didn't go well with the execution. So I made second starters of my own! Which one would you pick?

Back