• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
Hey. Does anyone know a pokescript script for a starter event like the ones in Fire red?

mat1554

French Translator
Years
I want add a new map with new name, but Unlz-Gba for edit sprite not add map ?

If whose know how to make a new map answer me :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2008
About a week ago, I added new sprites to replace Bulbasaur and Charmander. I then spent time making maps and editing text and things. Whenever I tried to pick the starter from the Pokeball, it would freeze up when it says, "This Pokemon is really quite energetic!" It does not crash when I choose the Unedited sprite of Squirtle, but it will when the rival chooses his starter. I made sure not to write a sprite to the game unless the size was smaller The programs I have used were Unlz-GBA, Poketronic, Advanced Text, Trainer Edit, and Advanced Map. Is there anyway to fix this, or will I have to redo 10 hours of work?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
1: For the applymovement script, do I put the offset in a person or a script?
2: How do I edit or add sprite in battle?
3: How do I edit text in battle
1) The person
2) You must replace an existing one, simply use UNLZ to put it into the rom and then use RS Ball to change the offsets of the pallete and sprite.
3) Use Advance-Text and search for that text.

Could somone show me a simple wild battle script toutorial? I tried some others on Pokecommunity but none of them work..
Code:
wildbattle 0x[pokemonNumber] 0x[level] 0x[item] 0x[battleType]
All values should be in hex.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I searched everywhere!
I am trying to create scripts for using the HMs out of battle, e.g. cut the cut trees, move the strength rocks, etc what would i go about doing? i already have pretty a decent understanding/experience with scripting.......just not this. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
The easiest way would be to open up the script in XSE and modify or delete the part with the Checkflag.

Im looking for some decent tools that DO NOT come with EliteMap that do the following

edit pokemon backsprites and normal sprites.
edit pokemon images (the small sprite when they are in ur bag or pc)
edit trainer normal and backsprites
and a decent trainer editor, PET always screws up and that new trainer editor doesnt edit LeafGreen.

oh and if anyone is going to refer to a previous post that asked one of these same questions then could they please leave the page number the post was on, i dont want to have to search through 200+ pages of posts.
thanks
1) UNLZ + RS Ball/PEP
2) IconEd
3) UNLZ + RS Ball
4) Try the newer version or Amplifier 2006 AE

What are the numbers for the ?? sprites in unLZ?
They all have the same pointers so you have to change the pointers to some empty space and import your image and pallete into it.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know how add a new mini sprite?
I'm asking this question because i want to put the Regi event in firered, but I need the regi mini-sprites
This has been bugging me for awhile now and I just can't find the answer.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
I'm pretty sure you can't add but you can replace some of the empty ones and change their size. Although be aware that there are a limited number of palletes when changing colours.

My Questions.....

1.I know this has probably been asked before, but I keep searching and can't find an ips patcher that actually does something. Could someone direct me to a good download site? I don't know why I cant' find a good windows ips patcher lol...

2.How do you insert new tiles? I read the tut on here, but it didn't work, or I wasn't doing something right....Can someone explain to me how to do this?(also it'd be to know how to make your own tiles too).

3.How do you get PoketScript to work? I can download it, but if I was to compile a script example I found, it wouldn't let me compile it.When I right click it, there is no compile option...what do I do to fix that?(also, I need basic help in that field anyway, but you do do all the script on a notepad right? Do you have to save the file as anything special other than just .txt for it to compile or work?).

4.Is there a way, when editing, to delete a map using advance map, instead of replacing it, or do you have to replace it and it can't be deleted?
1) Search for Lunar IPS in Google or WinIPS
2) What happens when you try it? Do the tiles not show up? If that is the case then you are have used incorrect colours in your tileset they are limited to the 16 in the current tileset.
3) Use XSE
4) Why would you want to delete a map? Well anyway you would have to find the offsets of the events, map, header, footer etc. and set everything to FF.

Use Lunar IPS. Its easy to find...

Now I have a question, how do you remove the image that comes up before you go into silph co in Fire red? Its like the thing that comes up in viridian forest, the powerplant, some caves... I need to get rid of that, at least for ONE of my maps.
I'm pretty sure you can't but you can find those pictures in UNLZ and make it black if you want, I think thats what Zel is planning to do in SG. Why not use another map?

sum1's told me bfore that the pokemon game intro with the professor can't be deleted. If so how do I change his sprite with someone else's (pallette and sprite)? If his number is in Unlz can anyone tell me what it is for Firered? anyhelp will be appreciated and thnx in advance to any and all answerers
342 use 256 colour mode.

Hey. Does anyone know a pokescript script for a starter event like the ones in Fire red?
Read some tutorials.

HI how I can insert a new map with AM 1.92 and my roms is Pokemon Fire Red ?
I've never tried it but isn't it just File-> Map -> Insert Map

I think with un-lz Advance from Elite map. But how do you make a map that looks like D/P style?
Insert D/P Tiles.

About a week ago, I added new sprites to replace Bulbasaur and Charmander. I then spent time making maps and editing text and things. Whenever I tried to pick the starter from the Pokeball, it would freeze up when it says, "This Pokemon is really quite energetic!" It does not crash when I choose the Unedited sprite of Squirtle, but it will when the rival chooses his starter. I made sure not to write a sprite to the game unless the size was smaller The programs I have used were Unlz-GBA, Poketronic, Advanced Text, Trainer Edit, and Advanced Map. Is there anyway to fix this, or will I have to redo 10 hours of work?
Just replace that script all together, it definitely won't take 10 hours so its the easiest solution, if you want to make a hack scripting is very important.
If its a problem with the image then you might have to repoint the image and/or pallete data. To check if it is the image try using RS Ball to open that image and if it crashes than you'll have to repoint the data.

mat1554

French Translator
Years
Not a insert a map with a header.

New headers, new map.

If not the same name. Insert a map with name Bourg 2, and I don't want rename a other map.

tenentenen

Hackin' away
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenentenen
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I searched everywhere!
I am trying to create scripts for using the HMs out of battle, e.g. cut the cut trees, move the strength rocks, etc what would i go about doing? i already have pretty a decent understanding/experience with scripting.......just not this. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

The easiest way would be to open up the script in XSE and modify or delete the part with the Checkflag.

what is XSE? i looked through the "hackmews toolbox" thread thing and i didnt see anything related to scripting. download/threadlink? thanx in advance.

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
So I looked at 2 different unLZ-GBA tutorials and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I drew the picture I wanted in Macromedia Flash, my main drawing program that I also use for animation. After I published the file as a PNG, I opened it in MS Paint. I didn't edit anything, I was satisfied with how it looked, and I saved it as a PNG in paint, just so that I would be following the tutorial's steps. I opened it in IfranView, and decreased the color depth to 16 Colors (4 BPP), and supposedly that should have made it "Indexed". I then edited the background to make it transparent, and saved it. It should have been indexed, right?

Apparently not, seeing as I tried to import it into unLZ-GBA, over the Pokemon I wanted to replace, but, an error message popped up, informing me that the image I had thought I had indexed, wasn't indexed.

What did I do wrong?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Use Lunar IPS. Its easy to find...

How can i for what i´m asking Meowth? -_-

I think nobody understood what i´m asking.
I´m trying to know if i can replace a pokemon battle sprite (the one when you fight, in this case Alakazam or M2) from r/b manually or if there´s a tool (like unzL-GBA) for the GB games.

NemesisH

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
okwhen using YAPE and make a d/p poke evolve to another the level shifts..Like Shinx (Volbeat) evolves at Lv 15 into luxio (whiscash) but when i get luxio its at lv 12...the same sota thing happened with EPR by Datharon..but it didnt de-level..it just stayed at 14 until it was leveled up again but as a luxio

edit: nvm...i just changed its growth rate to match Shinx's it works....but unfortuanately i accidently revealed another d.p poke (not hat hard to find out) Luxio is in everyone! click my sig to see the thread

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
bigsteve said:
Can somebody tell me how to make new tiles and insert them in Pokemon Gold?
or atleast link me a tutorial?

Umm first place a compressed tileset (not too compressed) into the ROM, blank space. Then find the map pointers, the tileset pointers are three bytes. The redirect the pointers so that they can read your new tileset.

tenentenen said:
what is XSE? i looked through the "hackmews toolbox" thread thing and i didnt see anything related to scripting. download/threadlink? thanx in advance.

I believe that XSE is a scripting tool, that is off the top of my head though.

fleek said:
So I looked at 2 different unLZ-GBA tutorials and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I drew the picture I wanted in Macromedia Flash, my main drawing program that I also use for animation. After I published the file as a PNG, I opened it in MS Paint. I didn't edit anything, I was satisfied with how it looked, and I saved it as a PNG in paint, just so that I would be following the tutorial's steps. I opened it in IfranView, and decreased the color depth to 16 Colors (4 BPP), and supposedly that should have made it "Indexed". I then edited the background to make it transparent, and saved it. It should have been indexed, right?

Apparently not, seeing as I tried to import it into unLZ-GBA, over the Pokemon I wanted to replace, but, an error message popped up, informing me that the image I had thought I had indexed, wasn't indexed.

What did I do wrong?

What is the message specifically saying? I believe that you can untick one of the options while saving so a certain message does not appear.

nemesish said:

I´m trying to know if i can replace a pokemon battle sprite (the one when you fight, in this case Alakazam or M2) from r/b manually or if there´s a tool (like unzL-GBA) for the GB games.

NemesisH

They are all compressed, so you would have to find the sprites in TLP or Tile Molester, then find the pointers. Then change the pointers to the new location of your new Pokemon, it has to be compressed, only slightly otherwise it will not work.

Years

NemesisH
It's not as simple as it is with the advance gen games.
You can look here for some info. Tutorial There's also a document of damnedmoose posted by cartmic on that page aswell.

I haven't tried the way Blazichu said, but it would probably be worth trying aswell.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Umm first place a compressed tileset (not too compressed) into the ROM, blank space. Then find the map pointers, the tileset pointers are three bytes. The redirect the pointers so that they can read your new tileset.

i don't know how to do any of that :(
that's what i needed the tutorial for :S

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
What is the message specifically saying? I believe that you can untick one of the options while saving so a certain message does not appear.
"Error:Image not indexed"

also I tried ticking and unticking both options, and It's still not indexed

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024

What did I do wrong?

i don't know if this idea will work but this is how i do it

1. open unzl then go to the Pokemon you wanted to replace then save it[png]
  2. open you drawing with MS Paint then do "Edit > Select All" then do "Edit > Copy"
  3. open the image you save earlier [he Pokemon you wanted to replace] the do "Edit > Paste"
  4. then save it and load it in Unlz

I Hope this helps

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
For an image to be indexed, it must be saved at 256 color depth and as a png, but only contain 16 colors total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back