• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
hi. i realy need help with the fire red pokecenters. when i make a new pokemon center, it works fine but when i die i dont go back to that pokemon center i go back to the last real pokecenter i was in. i really need to know how to fix this because i need to make a new region and keep all the existing maps.

thanks in advance
link

in ruby it works like djg said said, but in firered it changes:

There's a script command that sets the respawn position: 0x9f 0xXX where XX is the index of the respawning point. It's preset, I have searched and dunno how to edit the map you land in or a way to make different scripts to load when you die.
00 is your house, 01 is viridian city pokemon center and so on. as far as I know, you can't add them.
So you have to use an existing pokecenter map. (if you use the league one, remember that nurse joy is in different position, so when you die you'll appear in a different place). You can also use your home and replace the home map (I did that in marble), then edit every script (mainly map scripts) that set your respawn position at home, then make a map script for that map with 0x9f 0x00.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
thanks teh baro. sounds quite complicated. can you tell me how to do a map script?

thanks in advance
link

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
thanks teh baro. sounds quite complicated. can you tell me how to do a map script?

thanks in advance
link
First of all, actually for your case I'd just leave the pokemon center as it is, unless you don't want the player to go back since the last center

On map scripts... let me make a quick guide
They're pointed in the third pointer in the map's header.
They consist in a series of byte-offsets couples. The byte indicates when/how (actually I don't know it exactly) is the offset loaded. Unless the byte is 02 or 04, the offset is a pointer to a script. If it's 02, the offset is a pointer to a structure VARIABLE CONDITION POINTER UNKNOWN where VARIABLE, CONDITION and UNKNOWN are words (two bytes) and UNKNOWN is 0000. In this case, when you enter a map, if the VARIABLE takes the value CONDITION, the script at POINTER is loaded. Dunno what's 04 for.
The other bytes in the couples (01, 03, 05) are used for this respawn thing, set flags do setmaptiles (without needing to use the map-refreshing special) and other sort of things. Don't remember which is which, I think it was 01 for setmaptiles and 03 for the rest.
The list ends in 00, and it can have only the scripts you want.

You can check island 1 pokemon center for this, it's a very complete map in map scripts matter: it has an event with 02, some setmaptiles (the machine there, when you deliver the ruby and the sapphire), uses 05 to activate a special (I think it's the special that gives you the map of the sevii islands), and has respawns.

linkandzelda

Years
First of all, actually for your case I'd just leave the pokemon center as it is, unless you don't want the player to go back since the last center

On map scripts... let me make a quick guide
They're pointed in the third pointer in the map's header.
They consist in a series of byte-offsets couples. The byte indicates when/how (actually I don't know it exactly) is the offset loaded. Unless the byte is 02 or 04, the offset is a pointer to a script. If it's 02, the offset is a pointer to a structure VARIABLE CONDITION POINTER UNKNOWN where VARIABLE, CONDITION and UNKNOWN are words (two bytes) and UNKNOWN is 0000. In this case, when you enter a map, if the VARIABLE takes the value CONDITION, the script at POINTER is loaded. Dunno what's 04 for.
The other bytes in the couples (01, 03, 05) are used for this respawn thing, set flags do setmaptiles (without needing to use the map-refreshing special) and other sort of things. Don't remember which is which, I think it was 01 for setmaptiles and 03 for the rest.
The list ends in 00, and it can have only the scripts you want.

You can check island 1 pokemon center for this, it's a very complete map in map scripts matter: it has an event with 02, some setmaptiles (the machine there, when you deliver the ruby and the sapphire), uses 05 to activate a special (I think it's the special that gives you the map of the sevii islands), and has respawns.

i think i will just leave it as it is. it still heals pokemon and thats the main point.

thanks
link

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Help

plz help me.

When i connect two routes like new bark town(island 1) and route 29( route below island one) when i walk right in between those two routes the game frezes what is wrong.

i used fire red

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
Years
plz help me.

When i connect two routes like new bark town(island 1) and route 29( route below island one) when i walk right in between those two routes the game frezes what is wrong.

i used fire red
That might happen because the tilesets are different, so, if the tilesets in
one are 0 and 1 and in the other map are 3 and 4 that might happen, i think,
because when i put in the first map 0 and 1 and in the other 0 and 3 the
tiles messed up when i cross to the other, so if they both are different
i think that might happen, you must put the same tilesets in both maps ^^

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
What causes this?
wtf.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2008
Sorry for coming in all random and stuff, but I need help with the Program; CyclonePrototype

I read through and found this:
Yes, I think you're missing some files. Below you can find a complete list of the Cyclone's needed files:
COMDLG32.OCX
MSCOMCTL.OCX
MSVBVM60.DLL
FM20.DLL
olepro32.dll
Anyway I guess that the error is caused by the FM20.DLL which should be absent or not correctly registered in your computer.
Before trying anything else, download this file and run it. It's a self-extracting archive which will install the FM20.DLL in your computer. After installed try to open Cyclone again. If you're still getting errors, try to reboot and see if something changes. If not, maybe you need to unregister and then register again all the Cyclone's needed files.

I did all of this and Cyclone still don't work....

An error keeps coming up that says:

System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.
If anyone could help with this I would greatly appreciate it.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
Sorry for coming in all random and stuff, but I need help with the Program; CyclonePrototype

I did all of this and Cyclone still don't work....

An error keeps coming up that says:
Code:
System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.
If anyone could help with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Well the only thing I needed was the FM20.DLL and Cyclone worked just fine for me. Do you have all the other things that Cyclone needs? If you do, it might have something to do with your computer but I'm not sure :x.

I have a question, how would I add additional entries into the pokedex. (I'm using the extra 25 pokemon so I need to know how :x)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I have a huge problem with my hack.

In unLZ, there's no Bulbasaur back sprite. Rather, it goes from Bulby's front sprite to Ivysaur's front sprite.

Every time you send out Bulbasaur, the game freezes.

I'm not sure why, since earlier versions of my hack have both Bulbasaur's front and back. Any way to fix this, or do I have to start over?

P.S. It might've been my fault, since I was replacing Bulby's front sprite, but I can't recall doing anything to cause it.

Still having trouble on this major issue. I attempted to edit it via TLP/tilemolester (offset 0xE69FFC), but I had no such luck finding the sprites at all.

Then it occurred to me that RSball might work. I went to edit the Pokemon back pics in hopes of fixing the Bulbasaur, but I always get this message:

"Pokemon backpics location is not specified in INI."

I've searched all around for solutions, but I'm thinking that simply recreating all of my data, scripts and maps would be easier than going through all of this... D:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Maybe you have to redo your game all over again, using a clean ROM file. It appears that you have a glitch....the joy of hacking(not really). D:

Next time just if you haven't done so, make backups.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2021
Hello, I do not know if it's okay to put this topic here but I suppose that if something comes because of Hack ROM.

The reason for this issue is to ask whether there is a program that allows me to extract the files .narc of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl ROM and able to draw most of the Sprits, including Trainers Front and Back. Above all I want to be able to extract the Sprits back Dawn and Lucas of 5 frames (not acquaintances of 2 frames). I would also like to know whether the program can edit the Sprits and restore to the file .narc and then restore to the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl ROM so that you can see the results in the game.

At the moment I have the program Tahaxan v 1.3, but apparently this version leaves only extract the file .narc and not restored and modified. I am also PokeDSPic but I can only see the Sprits of pokemons and Trainers Front and Back and me is not very useful for the time being. So I want to know whether there are other programs that will allow me to do what has already been mentioned with more features.

In advance thank you for your help and apologize if it is already published, but I do not speak much English and for this reason I find it difficult to find things.

linkandzelda

Years
i have i really annoying problem. i give a script offset to a s tile in advance map which is a simple setflag script. when i run the rom with vba and step on the s tile and the game freezes. i tryed it on another emulator and it doesnt freeze. I have been hacking for almost 1 year now and this is the first time its happened.

hope somebody can help me with this.
thanks in advance
link

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
Years
Does anyone know the PokéText codes for:
  • Mr Pokémon's House
  • Your Mom's First Speech (where she gives you the PokéGear)
Example:
[Intro\Radio]
Start=$190150

Edit: Don't worry, I found some replacement bank files. If anyone needs the codes, here they are:

[New Bark Town - Your House (Downstairs)]
Start=$18171A

[Route 30 - Mr. Pokemon's House]
Start=$188756

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back