• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chain Story: Equal Rivals

Seviper

Ssssssseviper
Years
~~Stadium 4, 11:28, 1937~~
Jacob: "Psychic Attack!"
Alakazam: "Ala....KAZAM!"
Beautifly gets flung into a wall getting severe damage.
May: "Giga Drain!"
Beautifly absorbs energy from Alakazam.
May: "Secret Power!"
Beautifly uses a form of Body Slam while glowing.
Jacob: "Hyper Beam!"
May: "Solar Beam!"
Alakazam and Beautifly both charge up but Alakazam finishes charging first and fires Hyper Beam at Beautifly knocking it out.
Judge: "And due to its great use of Smart attacks and great knowledge I award this battle to..."
Jacob starts to walk up towards the judge.
Judge: "May."
Jacob and May both fall down.
Jacob: "What do you mean she won?"
Judge: "These contests aren't just about making the opponent faint you know..."
Announcer: "Even though her Beautifly fainted May still won this preliminary. We are sorry to announce that the rest of the preliminaries will have to be postponed due to a sudden severe thunderstorm headed towards us. So everyone take shelter until the storm passes."

Shadow is on the roof of the announcer's booth with a remote control like device pointed in the direction the storm is coming from.

~~Ash's room, 12:45 PM, 1937~~
Ash: "This stinks."
Brock: "I wonder where that storm came from..."
May: "You know, summer rains, you can never predict them."
Brock: "Yeah."

~~Ash's Room, 1:27 AM, 1937~~
Everyone is asleep and Pikachu is sleeping on the desk by the window. A Zubat flies by and starts tapping on the window, waking Pikachu up.

Pokedex: "Pokemon Translation Mode on!
Zubat: "Help, some bad human has my mother!"
Pikachu: "Just a second, let me wake up Ash."
Zubat: "No time! My mother's in danger! Hurry!"
Pokedex: "Translaton Mode offline."

Pikachu opens the window and jumps out and follows Zubat to a crab-like machine with a Golbat in its claw.
Shadow: "Hehehe....."
Pikachu: "???"
A cage comes out of the ground and captures Pikachu. A hatch on the top of the robot and Shadow looks out.
Shadow: "You've fallen right into my trap. I'd like to thank my two great actors, Zubat and Golbat."
Shadow withdrawals Zubat and Golbat into two Pokeballs, presses some buttons on his laptop, and the Pokeballs disappear.
Shadow: "Their appearence was made possible by Shadow's Anywhere Anytime Pokemon Storage System, Patent Pending. I brought all of my Pokemon on my PC with me. Now back to business!"
Shadow goes back in the robot and closes the hatch. The claw that held Golbat grabs Pikachu's cage and jet boosters come out of the robot and it flies off.

~~Gary's Room, 1:31 AM, 1937~~
Gary is looking in some books.
Gary: "I still can't figure out a good strategy to beat Ash with..."
Gary looks out the window and sees the cage surround Pikachu.
Gary: "That is Ash's Pikachu! I've got to go tell him!"

Seviper

Ssssssseviper
Years
Ash and Satoshi advance to teh next step and Shadow is heard again.
Shadow: "Now listen carefully and make your choice, which person has this dumb voice?"
James: "Blah blah blah blah blahblahblah!"
Ash: "Ummmmmm"
Satoshi: "Uhhhh"
Ash: "I know I've heard many many times, most of which I ignore it....uhhh James!"
Shadow: "Drat that's correct, but you won't make it any farther I bet. Those who have played Banjo-Kazooie might have recognized this game, so I've added something to make it not exactly the same. Up next is a split in the path, its 50/50 do the math. One way may help you the other not so good, but it interesting to me it should. The little trick you see, you don't know what kind of spaces they are thanks to me. Try to get it right I dare you, waiting for your demise awaits the camera crew."
Satoshi: "One of these spaces must be real bad and the other good. But which is which?
Ash: "Hmmm. Heads we go to the left, tails right."
Ash pulls a coin out of his pocket and flips it but it falls into the lava.
Satoshi: "I say left, it looks like the shorter route to Shadow."

Ash and Satoshi walk onto the space on their left. The square lights up and is a red space with a skull on it.
Shadow: "Get this question wrong and you lose, and a prize I get to choose. You only get one chance to answer it, so get it right unless you want to go for a dip. Look at this picture on the screen, do you know where you have been?"
A picture of a lot of trees and wild bug Pokemon appears on the large screen behind Shadow.
Ash: "Viridian Forest!"
Shadow: "What, how did he get it right? With the question makers I'm about to fight!"
Ash and Satoshi walk onto the next space.
Shadow: "Let's see you get this one, you must guess the Pokemon. I'll only show you the shape, you big dumb ape!"
A black circle appears on the screen.
Satoshi: "Its Voltorb!"
Shadow: "Drat, Ken, how'd ya know, I'm supposed to win this show!"
Satoshi: "If it was Electrode we'd see the eyebrows..."
Ash and Satoshi advance to the next space which has Shadow's face on it.
Shadow: "Oooh I like this space, I'll ask you question about that face. I really like to watch my weight, but what dessert do I think is great?"
Ash: "Uhhhh...."

Last edited:

RocketShadow

Hehehe...
Years
Ash: "I don't know, do you?"
Satoshi (Ken): "No idea."
Ash: "Ice Cream?"
A buzzer sounds and a Voltorb falls on Ash and explodes.
Ash: *cough* "What was that?"
Shadow: "When you answer wrong you get hurt, get 5 questions wrong and you hit the dirt."
Ash: "But that's lava down there."
Shadow: "You know I had to rhyme, that stupid potion makes me do it all the time...
To advance you need to try again,
please get it wrong, I enjoy your pain!"
Ash stands back up and the space lights up again.
Shadow: "I'm the youngest Rocket member, younger then Sam,
do you know how old I am?"
Satoshi: "14!"
Shadow: "Correct so advance again if you dare, I think you're in for a scare..."
Ash and Satoshi walk on to the next square which lights up
Shadow: "Ash let's see you get this one right, what type is good against Kingdra in a fight?"
Ash: "Uhhhh..."
Satoshi: "Dragon."
Shadow: "Thats correct you little fool, I'm starting to think this rhyming is cool."
Ash and Satoshi walk onto the next space, which is the second to last space.
Shadow: "Oh no, they're almost here, but these last 2 spaces they should fear. Now for a little game, and when you lose I'll take all the fame!"
Ash and Satoshi get teleported to a beehive.
Shadow's voice: "Release the Beedrills!"
Suddnely hundreds of Beedrills fly towards Ash and Satoshi.

RocketShadow

Hehehe...
Years
Shadow: "Are you ready for Tower of tragedy Round 1? If not then too bad! What type of attack is super effective against a Sableye? Ghost, Psychic, or none?"
Kazz and Marilin buzz in.
Kazz: "None!"
Shadow: "I guess that's right..."
Kazz/Marilin: 2 Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 0 Joe/Jane: 0
Shadow: "What Pokemon is classified as the patient Pokemon? Wobbufett, Chansey, or Snorlax?"
Ash buzzes in.
Ash: "Its Chansey!"
Shadow: "No, you moron."
Kazz/Marilin: 2 Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: -2 Joe/Jane: 0
The audience cheers and Kazz buzzes in.
Kazz: "Wobbufett."
Shadow: "Right, but you only get one point.
Kazz/Marilin: 3 Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: -2 Joe/Jane: 0
Shadow: "Who invented the Pokemon Game Boy games? Satoshi Tajiri, Samuel Oak, or Shigeru Miyamoto?"
Satoshi (Ken) buzzes in.
Satoshi: "Satoshi Tajiri!"
Shadow: "Lucky guess..."
Kazz/Marilin: 3 Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 0 Joe/Jane: 0
The audience boos.
Shadow: "Let's look at the screen...."
A close up picture of a Grimer appears.
Shadow: "What Pokemon is that? Is it Muk, Koffing, or Grimer?"
Jane buzzes in.
Jane: "Muk!"
Shadow: "I'm surrounded by idiots...."
Kazz/Marilin: 3 Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 0 Joe/Jane: -2
Marilin buzzes in.
Marilin: "Grimer!"
Shadow: "It was 50/50."
Kazz/Marilin: 4 Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 0 Joe/Jane: -2
A loud buzzer is heard.
Shadow: "And that's the end of Round 1. And it seems Joe and Jane lose with a horrible score of -2, which is about the same as their combined IQs. Time for your consoulation prize!"
A trapdoor opens above Joe and Jane and a Snorlax falls on them.
Shadow: "Now for Round 2. Hehehe...."

Seviper

Ssssssseviper
Years
Shadow: "Now for the final round. And this round's category is Pokemon Types. Hehehe... What type is a Metagross?"
Satoshi: "Steel and Psychic."
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 2 points
Shadow: "Name a type that is good against ghosts."
Satoshi: "Dark"
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 4 points
Shadow: "What type is Magika..."
Satoshi: "Water"
Shadow: "Its Water/Flying. The question was 'What is Magikarp's evolved form's type."
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 2 points
Shadow: "What type is Charizard?"
Ash: "Fire and Flying."
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 4 points
Shadow: "What attack type is multiplied by 4 against a Dragonite?"
Satoshi: "Ice."
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 6 points
Shadow: "What type is a Gardevoir?"
Satoshi: "Psychic."
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 8 points
Shadow: "What attack type doesn't effect Steel Pokemon?"
Satoshi: "Poison."
Shadow mumbles something under his breath.
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 10 points
Shadow: "What is my favorite type of Pokemon?"
Ash: "Poison."
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 12 points
Shadow: "What color usually represents the Ice type?"
Satoshi: "Light Blue."
Ash/Satoshi/Pikachu: 14 points
A loud buzzer sounds.

Shadow: "Now for the final question that decides your fate. Since Satoshi answered the most questions correctly in the last round, that means Ash must answer this one. What type is a.......What? How did this question get to be the final one? Stupid question card machine. It must be faulty! The round is invalid due to faulty equipment..."
Satoshi: "So now what?"
Shadow: "I don't know. Any ideas?"
Ash: "You could escape in a cowardly fashion, before we foil your plan and kick your butt."
Shadow: "Good idea. Luckily I built an escape pod into my booth for this very reason! I'll see you later..."
Shadow pushes some buttons.
Shadow: "But this time.....ahhhh"
A trap door below Shadow opens and he falls in. A splash and several chomping noises are heard. The question card he was holding floats over to Ash.
Ash: "'What is Pikachu's type?' That's why he got mad..."
Shadow jumps out of the trapdoor. Several Carvanha are holding onto him. He runs out of the room. Ash and Satoshi run after him into the next room but he is gone.
Ash: "Well I guess we should get back to Kaikoren..."
Satoshi: "Yeah. I'm sure Shadow will show up again and when he does, we'll get him."

Seviper

Ssssssseviper
Years
~~Abandoned House, 3:03, 1937~~
Shadow: "I can't beleive that twerp beat me..."
Nidoking: "Look on the bright side, you aren't rhyming anymore."
Shadow: "SILENCE! Is the Yar Bot v.2 operational yet?"
Nidoking: "As soon as we do some last minute adjustments on the Double Team engine, which shouldn't take much more then a few hours."
Shadow: "Excellent."
Kent: "What about that last jewel?"
Keith: "I got it covered. Its the second place prize of the Trainer Conference."
Shadow: "So we'll steal it from them, and then I'll go and get the jewel that controls the Pokemon."
Nidoking: "Your next match is in an hour and shouldn't you be watching Ash and Gary's match?"
Shadow: "It must have slipped my mind...Let's go."
Shadow withdrawals Nidoking and runs to put on his disguise.

~~Main Stadium, 3:07, 1937~~
Ash: "Water Gun!"
Gary: "Dodge with Extreme Speed!"
Totodile uses Water Gun but Arcanine dodges and charges towards Totodile at lightning speed.
Ash: "Bite!"
Totodile clamps onto Arcanine's nose right before it gets hit. Arcanine tries to shake it off but has no luck removing Totodile.
Gary: "Arcanine use Strength to get it off!"
Arcanine uses Strength and flings Totodile in the air.
Ash: "Use Water Gun!"
Gary: "Dodge!"
Ash: "Its not aiming for you..."
Gary: "Huh?"
Totodile uses Water Gun to slow its fall, and it lands softly on the ground.

May: "That was pretty smart to use Water Gun to slow its fall."
Shadow (Marco) runs up to them.
Shadow: "Sorry I'm late. I didn't know what time the preliminaries were starting back up..."
Brock: "Its OK."
Masato: "Yeah you haven't missed too much..."

Gary: "Extreme Speed!"
Arcanine charges towards Totodile.
Ash: "Use Water Gun!"
Totodile uses Water Gun to lift itself over Arcanine.
Ash: "Now! Hydro Pump!"
Totodile fires a torrent of water at Arcanine, slamming it into a wall. It then falls to the ground.
Referee: "Arcanine is unable to battle. Ash wins!"

Announcer: "It looks like Ash Ketchum has won the battle!"
A older man walks up to the announcer and gives him a slip of paper and whispers something in his ear."
Announcer: "Well it seems that the main convention judges have decided that, due to more people joining then expected and yesterday's rain delay, to lower the number of preliminary matches for the trainer tournament and contest to three. Those who win two out of three will preceed to the next round. So both Gary and Ash qualify for the quarter-finals. An updated schedule list will be placed on everyone's door, but today's battles will remian on schedule as we finish the preliminaries! The next Contest Preliminaries will start in 15 minutes!"

Last edited:

Seviper

Ssssssseviper
Years
~~Shadow's Tower, 4:31~~
Shadow: "Oh yes!"
Masato: "NOOOOO!!!"
Shadow: "YEEEEESSS!"
Masato: "Nooo...wait what's the Mecha-Masato anyway?"
Shadow: "A robot that I control, looks just like you and sounds just like you..."
Masato: "Oh....NOOOOO!!!"

~~Stadium 3, 4:40~~
M-Masato: "Yay go May!"
Ash: "Yeah!"
Annoucner: "And now we begin the next Contest Preliminary with May against Christine with the Cute Judge."
May: "Go Beautifly!"
Christine: "Go Farfetch'd!"

~~Shadow's Tower, 4:42~~ ~~
Shadow: "The robot is already fooling your friends..."
There is a knock at the door. Shadow opens the door and recieves the Quarter-Final schedule.
Shadow: "I have to go against Gary....That shouldn't be too difficult..."
Masato: "Ash will stop your evil plan!"
Shadow: "Even if my plan in the past fails, I still have a great plan for the future. Besides, even Ash can't foil my master plan."
Masato: "Which is?"
Shadow: "The master plan is the whole world domination thing, its not an individual effort to take over the eath, its all of them grouped together."
Masato: "Oh. What's your plan for the future?"
Shadow: "I'm not telling you anything, but I can assure you it has my trademark copyright infringements..."

Last edited:

Seviper

Ssssssseviper
Years
Brock: "Umm Ash."
Ash: "Wha?"
Brock points behind them and a giant drilling machine is there.
Satoshi: "What is that?"
Ash: "It's huge...."
Shadow comes out from a hatch on top of it.
Shadow: "Finally.... Its time for my revenge!"
Ash: "I don't think so!"
Shadow: "We'll see...We'll see..."
Shadow goes back in the machine.
Shadow: "Where is the laser button? Arrrghh. Give me they manuel Nidoking! Ah. Here we go!"
Two lasers come out of the bottom of the Rocket 1 and it starts spinning around trying to hit Ash and co. but they just jump over it. After a minute it stops and Shadow comes back out of the hatch.

Shadow: "Thought the quiz was over did you? Think again! I've still got a few question cards up my sleeve. Answer correctly...."
Ash: "Thunderbolt!"
Pikachu shocks Shadow.
Shadow: "I was going to be nice but not now..."
Shadow goes back in the Rocket 1 and pushes several buttons. All four lasers activate, the drill starts turning, the exhaust port opens, the mortar cannons come out, and toxic gas (Grimer and Weezing flavor) fills the arena.
Shadow: "Now let's see you beat this.....huh?.....What's this?......Overload? Ahhhhhhh!!!"
The drill stops spinning and the lasers and toxic gas disappear. Shadow comes out from the hatch.
Shadow: "That's it! I didn't want to have to use this..."
Shadow pulls out a Team Rocket Rocket Launcher Deluxe (patent pending) and starts to put in the ammo.
Ash: "Go Noctwol!"
Noctowl comes out and tackles Shadow's hand makes him drop the ammo.
Shadow: "This won't end well..."
The Rocket 1 explodes and Shadow blasts off into the evening sky.

May: "That was pretty cool..."
Ash: "Where did you come from?"
May: "Blame my parents..."
Masato: "How did the battle go?"
May: "I won..."
Satoshi: "Well Marco's battle is next so we better go watch it since its his final preliminary...."
Ash: "Who is he up against?"
Brock pulls out the schedule.
Brock: "His last preliminary is against James and his first Quarter-Final is against Gary..."
Ash: "Well to waste time before his battle, anyone up for a kick-around?"
Brock: "Yeah."
May: "Sure."
Masato: "Yay!"
Satoshi: "Sounds like fun..."

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
~~Stadium 1, 5:30PM~~
Announcer: "Here we are at the final preliminary match of the Trainer Convention Tournament. And after this we have two more Contest Preliminaries. This battle is James against Marco, but Marco hasn't shown up yet."
Referee: "He has five minutes to arrive."
Announcer: "If Marco doesn't show up in 5 minutes, he'll be disqualified. Both trainers have already won two battles each so they will both go to the Quarter-Finals no matter what happens. Hey who's that?"
Shadow (Marco) runs into the stadium and takes his position.
Referee: "Marco goes first for being late."
Shadow: "Go Seviper!"
James: "Go Ca..."
Wobbufett comes out of its Pokeball.
Announcer: "It seems James is using a Wobbufett while Marco is using Seviper once again."
Referee: "Begin!"
Shadow: "Poison Tail!"
James: "Counter!"
Seviper gets flung back into a rock.
Shadow: "Hmmmm... I got it! Dig underground!"
Seviper goes underground. Wobbufett looks around frantically trying to figure were it will come up at.
Shadow: "Poison Fang!"
Before Wobbufett can Counter, Seviper comes up out of the ground and bites it, severly poisoning it. Wobbufett starts getting weaker and weaker. Seviper uses its tail to hold a nail file and it starts using it on its teeth.
Announcer: "Oh no. Wobbufett is badly poisoned! What is James going to do?"
James: "What can I do? If he doesn't attack I can't Counter it and that's all Wobbufett knows..."

Meowth boots up a Hoenn Pokedex he bought from Kent.
Pokedex: "Wobbufett was thought to only know Counter and Mirror Coat, but it was recently discovered that it can learn other moves as a Wynaut and it also knows Destiny Bond and Safequard."
Meowth: "James! Wobufett knows Destiny Bond too!"

James: "It does? Destiny Bond now Wobbufett!"
Wobbufett starts to glow and then it faints and Seviper faints along with it.
Referee: "The battle ends in a tie!"
Announcer: "Amazing! The battle ends in a tie due to Destiny Bond! Both trainers move onto the Quart-Finals! The next Contest Preliminary between Jessie and Daisy will begin in 10 minutes!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
~~Near the Pokemon Center~~
Gary: "Well Satoshi told me to meet him here..."
Satoshi walks up.
Satoshi: "Ready to go?"
Gary: "Yeah."
Satoshi snaps his fingers and a cage falls on Gary.
Satoshi: "You fool. The real Satoshi is watching May's contest."
Gary: "Then who are you?"
Fake Satoshi: "You will find out soon enough...."
Gary: "How about right now? Go Arcanine! Fire Blast!"
Arcanine comes out and uses Fire Blast, burning the Satoshi costume revealing it to be Kent. Arcanine then tears open the cage that Gary is in.

Kent: "Arrggghhh. I forgot about his Pokemon. No matter. Go Dragonite! Hyper Beam!"
Gary: "Hyper Beam!"
Dragonite comes out and starts to charge up Hyper Beam but Arcanine fires it first and sends Dragonite and Kent blasting off.

~~Meanwhile at Stadium 7~~
Kazz: "My Porygon does so well in these contests. I am thankful I was in command of the Rocket Game Corner prizes, so I got it for free. Now come on out Porygon!"
May: "What is that?"

Masato: "I've never seen that Pokemon..."
Satoshi: "That's because that episode was banned worldwide because it gave people seizures..."
Ash: "Caused by Pikachu and Team Rocket's missles!"
Brock: "Ash, I believe that is not something you should brag about."
Ash: "I guess so."
Gary walks up to them.
Ash: "Were'nt you leaving?"
Gary: "It was a trap. Are you actually taking me back to Hoenn, Satoshi?"
Satoshi: "Not in the middle of the tournament." (thinking: )"Especially if my suspicions are correct then I can't let you miss your next battle, against Marco. Or should I say, Shadow?"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Pokemon Advnace intro plays. The map of Hoenn appears.
Ash: "Monarch Matchup!"

~~Ash's Room; 9:24 P.M.; Day 6~~
Satoshi (Blake): "Well, the Quarter-Finals start tomorrow. And according to this schedule you will battle third, Ash. First battle is Gary vs. Marco. The second match is James vs. Kamek. The fourth battle is Jake vs. Sammy. And you will have to battle some kid named Chip."
Ash: "I'm ready for him!"
Brock: "Are you sure? He has won all his battles with an extremely strong Metang..."
May: "And you have three battles and if you lose two you are out. As for me, there are no more contests until the tournament Semi-Finals start."
Satoshi (Blake): "Well anyway, we should get some rest since today was so eventful."
Masato: *yawns* "Yeah, I am kind of tired..."

~~Main Stadium; 12:00; Day 7~~
Announcer: "Now begins the Kaikoren Trainer Convention Quarter-Finals! Our first battle is Gary Oak from Pallet Town against Marco from Saffron City. Gary replaced a trainer that had to drop out of a torunament so we only saw him battle once and it was a great battle! Meanwhile Marco has only used his Seviper and his last battle against James and Wobbufett ended up in a tie! Since Marco has had 2 wins and a tie and Gary only had two wins, Marco has to go first!"

Shadow (Marco): "Go Seviper!"
Gary: "Go Arcanine!"
Shadow (Marco): "Poison Tail!"
Gary: "Bite!"
Seviper tries to hit Arcanine with its tail, but Arcanine dodges and clamps onto Seviper's tail.
Gary: "Seismic Toss!"
Arcanine spins Seviper around and around. After a minute it lets go and Sends Seviper flying into a large boulder. Seviper falls to the ground and faints.
Referee: "Seviper is unable to battle."
Shadow (Marco): "Go Venomoth!"
Gary: "Fire Blast!"
Fire Blast is a direct hit and Venomoth falls to the ground.
Referee: "Venomoth is unable to battle."
Shadow (Marco): *sweatdrop*

Everyone: "Who's that Pokemon?"
~~~~Commercial Break~~~~~
Everyone: "Its Rattata!"
Rattata: "Rattata!"

Announcer: "It seems that Gary has easily defeated two of Marco's Pokemon! Is this it? Or will Marco make a miraculous comeback?"
Shadow (Marco): "You bet I will. Go Nidoking! Ice Beam!"
Nidoking uses Ice Beam and covers the field with a sheet of ice.
Gary: "Haha. Missed!"
Shadow (Marco): "He wasn't aiming at Arcanine...."
Gary: "Wha?"
Shadow (Marco): "Thunderbolt!"
Arcanine tries to dodge but slips on the ice. Thunderbolt makes a direct hit and paralyzes it.
Shadow (Marco): "Surf! Now!"
A giant tidal wave approaches the battle field and heads towards Arcanine. Arcanine gets swept away by the water and when the water disappears Arcanine is laying on the ground unconcious.
Referee: "Arcanine is unable to battle."
Gary: "Go! Blastoise! Hydro Pump!"
Shadow (Marco): "Ice Beam!"
Blastoise fires water at Nidoking, but Ice Beam freezes the water and Blastoise's hydro cannons.
Shadow (Marco): "Horn Drill!"
Nidoking charges towards Blastoise. Just as Nidoking is about to strike, Blastoise puts its arms up and holds Nidoking off.
Shadow (Marco): "Hehehe.... Thunder! Now!"
Nidoking electricutes Blastoise, making it faint.
Referee: "Blastoise is unable to battle!"

Announcer: "Astounding! Marco has managed to bring Gary down to one Pokemon with just his Nidoking! What is Gary Oak planning to do now?"

May: "That team of Pokemon seems familiar..."
Masato: "Tell me about.... It seems like...... It's on the tip of my toungue...... I can't remeber...."
Satoshi (Blake) (whispering to Ash): "Don't tell them"
Ash: "Right."

Gary: "I know how to stop it! Go Nidoqueen!"
Gary and Shadow: "Ice Beam!"
Both Nidoking and Nidoqueen fire an Ice Beam, which collide and form a large chunk of ice in the center of the battlefield.
Gary and Shadow: "Flamethrower!"
Both Nidoking and Nidoqueen shoot a burst of flames which melt the chunk of ice and hit each other, causing an explosion.
Gary and Shadow: "Earthquake!"
Suddenly the whole arena starts shaking violently. Many large cracks appear on the field and everyone falls out of their seats. Nidoking and Nidoqueen stare each other done, and so do Gary and Shadow.

to be continued

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
~~Shadow's Base~~
Keith: "I haven't been in the story for a while...."
Kent: "Well at least you haven't blasted off yet...."
Shadow: "Quit bickering.... All we need is to find the location of that last jewel...."
Keith: "It's locked up in city hall..."
Shadow: "So why didn't you get it?"
Keith: "Because I thought you would like to. It's the mystery prize given to second place...."
Shadow: "I'm bad at losing on purpose so we might need to ambush someone."
Keith: "OK."
Kent: "Okie-Dokey"

~~Saffron City; Present Day~~
News Reporter: "And it seems that Team Rocket have bought out the Fortree Gym. No word from their leader Shadow though...."

Sabrina: "Since when has Team Rocket been in Hoenn?"
Sabrina's Dad: "They've always been there."
Sabrina: "And since when has Shadow been the leader of Team Rocket?"
Sabrina's Dad: "For a few years. Him and his branch of Team Rocket called Shadow Inc. overthrew Giovanni. That's why we live in this giant mansion...."
Sabrina: "WE LIVE IN A MANSION!?!?!"
Sabrina's Dad: "Of course. Are you OK dear? You look pale and you can't remember anything...."
Sabrina: (thinking) Shadow must be altering the past, but why am I the only one that can remember the truth? I must do something....
Sabrina teleports away. Some one knocks on the front door and Sabrina's Dad answers it to find Erika.
Erika: "Is Shadow here?"
Sabrina's Father: "Haven't seen him all day...."
Erika: "Can you give him this?"
Erika hands him a letter.
Sabrina's Dad: "Sure. Hey it smells like perfume..."

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Sammy: "Well the next match is starting so we better go see!"
Ash: "OK!"

~~Stadium 1, 1:00PM, Day 7, 1937...errrrr...1962~~
Shadow: "Grrrr....stupid announcer confusing everyone...stupid fink-rat..."

Announcer: "Now we begin Round 2 of the Quarter-Finals which will take place on a sand field. And now enter our trainers!"
James walks in and takes his side, and a man in his 40s wearing a blue cloak walks out.
Announcer: "Since Kamek won all three Preliminary Rounds he goes first."
Kamek just stands there and a Jynx comes out of one of his Pokeballs without him throwing it. James throws his Pokeball and Cacnea comes out of it.

Jynx freezes its hand and tries to hit Cacnea with Ice Punch, but it jumps out of the way.
James: "Poison Sting!"
Cacnea fires Poison Sting at Jynx, but Jynx blocks with Barrier.
James: "Needle Arm!"
Cacnea breaks the Barrier and hits Jynx back a little. Jynx then tries Ice Punch again, but Cacnea jumps up and whacks Jynx in the head with Needle Arm, knocking her to the ground.
Referee: "Jynx is unable to battle, Cacnea wins."
Jynx returns to her Pokeball without Kamek moving, then a Baltoy comes out.

James: "Pin Missile!"
Cacnea fires Pin Missile, but Baltoy uses Rapid Spin which causes a sand tornado around itself which deflects Pin Missile. Baltoy and its sand tornado start to move towards Cacnea.
James: "Mega Punch!"
Cacnea jumps towards Baltoy and sends it flying out of the tornado, only to get trapped in it. Cacnea then falls from the air and lands on Baltoy knocking them both out. Baltoy withdrawls itself and James withdrawls Cacnea. An Abra comes out of Kamek's Pokeball. James snickers to himself and sends out Seviper.

Kamek: "I see my strategy isn't workign so now I shall use my power!"
Kamek pulls out a wand and it fires out some multicolored dust that envelops Abra. Abra yawns and grows to 10 times his original size.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
~~Stadium 1, 1:15PM, Day 7, 1962~~
Shadow: "Kamek's strategy better work since I gave him magic powers like his favorite video game character and then I had to give Nintendo all that money for copyrights..."

Abra: "AAAAAABBBBRA!"
Abra steps on Seviper and then pulls his foot back in pain since Seviper had its mouth wide open. Seviper then gets lifted up above Abra and then falls to the ground faster than any can see.
Referee: "Seviper is unable to battle! Abra wins!"
James: "Go Wobbufett!"

Wobbufett comes out and stares at Abra with a mean look on its face.
James: *sigh*
Wobbufett gets lifted off the ground and Abra stares at it and then collapses and Wobbufett falls on it, Countering its fall, finishing off Abra. Abra than shirnks to normal size.
Referee: "Abra is unable to battle! Wobbufett wins!"

Kamek: "No! I can't lose! Noooo!"
Kamek's wand levitates in the air and explodes. A hole appears under Kamek and he falls through it.
Shadow (to himself): "Sorry Kamek, or should I say Kenan, but failure is not allowed. Especially with the power I gave you..."

~~Pocket Monsters Dimension; Present day~~
Kenan (Kamek): "Wha? Where am I?"
Neo: "Hey! Join the club!"
Kenan: "What club?"
Red: "Let's boil him in some magma!"
Blue: "No! Trap him in the bottom of the sea!"
Green: "Tie him up in some vines!"
Yellow: "And throw him in a power generator!"
Kenan: "Ahhhhhhhhh!!!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
~~Stadium 2; 3:00 PM~~
Chip, a 15 year old boy, walks onto the field as does Ash.
Announcer: "Now for our next battle, Ash from Pallet Town against Chip from Oldale Town. Chip will go first..."
Chip: "Go Omastar!"
Ash: "Omastar? How'd he get an extinct Pokemon?"
Chip: "If you must know, some archaeologists found it when it was an Omanyte, auctioned it off, and my parents won it for me. And since then, it was won several battles and evolved into what you see before you..."
Ash: "Doesn't matter! Go Bulbasaur!"
Chip: "I expected he'd use a grass type..."
Chip: "Water Gun attack!"
Ash: "Dodge and Vine Whip!"
Bulbasaur picks up Omastar with its vines.
Chip: "Withdrawal!"
Bulbasaur slams the shell on the ground and Omastar comes out unharmed.
Ash: "Razor Leaf!"
Chip: "Spike Cannon!"
Omastar shoots out spikes that pierce all the leaves and hit Bulbasaur.
Chip: "Ancient Power!"
Several large rocks rise from the ground around Bulbasaur and lunge towards him knocking him out.
Referee: "Bulbasaur is unable to battle!"

Ash: "Go Snorlax!"
Chip: "A Snorlax?! Too easy, Spike Cannon!"
Omastar fires spikes at Snorlax but they just bounce off. Snorlax yawns and falls asleep and lands on Omastar, but jumps back up due to the large spikes on Omastar. Enraged by Omastar disturbing its sleep, Snorlax hurls Omastar in the air. Omastar lands with its spikes in the ground and Snorlax falls asleep on it again. A minute later, Snorlax rolls over, reveiling an unconcious Omastar.
Referee: "Omastar is unable to battle! Snorlax wins!"
Both trainers recall their Pokemon.

Chip: "I underestimated you, but not again! Go Jolteon!"
Ash: "Go Charizard!"

Brock: "Charizard? When did he get that back?"
Satoshi: "I paid a visit to the Charisific Valley last night..."
Brock: "Oh."
May: "I didn't know Ash had a Charizard..."
Max: "Yeah, it's cool! It lost against Harrison's Blaziken in the Silver Conference..."
Charizard's eye twitches, then it uses Dragon Rage on Max sending him blasting off.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Chip: "That's it! Go Metang!"

Brock: "Why a steel type?"
May: "Is that bad?"
Max: "Of course its bad for Chip. Fire types have a tremendous advantage against Steel Types.."
May: "There are way to many types to remember!"
Max: "There are only 17..."

Ash: "Flamethrower!"
Flamethrower heads towards Metang, but turns around and hits Charizard.
Ash: "Huh?"
Chip: "How do you like my Metang's Confusion attack?"
Ash: "Confusion?"
Ash looks up and sees Charizard hitting itself with its tail.

Chip: "Now Psychic!"
Charizard is slammed onto the ground and is knocked out.
Referee: "Charizard is unable to battle! Metang wins"

Brock: "Hmm, it must be a combination of Steel and Psychic..."
May: "Its a what?"
Max: "That would explain the Psychic and Confusion attacks it used."
May: "The what?"
Max: "Now it has me wondering what kind of stats it has."
May: "You are confusing me!"

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
~~Main Stadium; 5:00PM~~
Jake: "Solrock use Flamethrower!"
Solrock fires out a stream of flames sending Charmeleon flying into a wall.
Referee: "Charmeleon is unable to battle! Solrock wins!"
Announcer: "Jake just beat Samuel Oak, winning the last Quarter-Final battle!

~~Ash's Room; 7:30 PM~~
Ash: "Now we are on to the Semi-Finals!"
There is a knock on the door and Max answers it.
Messenger: "Here is the Semi-Final schedule..."
Max: "Cool!"
Ash snatches it out of Max's hand. His face falters.
Ash: "I have to work with Marco."
Brock: "Who is your opponents?"
Ash: "Kerrigan and Mimi."

~~In a bush near Meowth's Stand; same time~~
James: "I work with someone named Davis."
Meowth: "Who are your opponents?"
James: "Felix and Jake..."

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Shadow gives Kerrigan a mean look.
Mimi: "Thunderbolt you two!"
Plusle and Minun send a surge of electircity towards Seviper.
Shadow: "Seviper Dig!"
Seviper hides undergound. The Thunderbolt keeps going and hits Ash.
Ash: "Hey! You did that on purpose!"
Shadow: "Hehehe..."
Pikachu shocks Shadow and his disguise falls off.

Brock, May, and Max: "It's Shadow!"
Announcer: "It seems that Marco was wearing a disguise all along."
Some Team Rocket Grunts bust into the announcer's room.
Announcer: "What's going on?"
The Grunts tie him up and throw him in a chest. Kent walks takes a seat in the announcer's chair.
Kent: "I am the new, Team Rocket-sponsered announcer. As you see, Marco was just our second-in-command, Shadow, in disguise. He will be winning this battle now."

Shadow: "Hehehe... Earthquake now Seviper!"
The ground starts shaking and several pillars of rock come out of the ground under Plusle, Minun, and Pikachu sending them flying into the sky. They all fall down unconcious. Kerrigan sends out a Doduo, Mimi sends out a Lileep, and Ash sends out Muk.

Kerrigan: "Peck!"
Shadow: "Wrap!"
Doduo runs towards Seviper who wraps its legs together making it fall.
Ash: "Muk! Use Sludge!"
Muk smothers Lileep knocking it out. Seviper bites onto Doduo and then throws it at Muk, knocking Doduo out. Kerrigan tries to withdraw Doduo, but it is stuck in Muk, so she just sends out her Raticate and Mimi sends out her Wigglytuff.

Mimi: "Double-Slap Seviper!"
Kerrigan: "Hyper Fang Muk!"
Raticate bites Muk but it gets stuck too.
Kerrigan and Ash: *sweatdrop*
Shadow: "Poison Fang!"
Wiggytuff gets ready to hit Seviper but it bites her hand, poisoning her.
Shadow: "Now! Iron Tail!"
Seviper hits Wigglytuff, sending it flying into Ash, knocking it out.
Ash: "Hey!"
Raticate struggles to get free, but faints from all the sludge.

Referee: "Shadow and Ash win!"
Kent: "And of course, Shadow won, so he and the ape-boy may proceed to the finals!"

~~Behind the Stadium; 5 minutes later~~
Shadow, Kent, and Keith are talking and Kerrigan walks up.
Kerrigan: "I had it so my Pokemon didn't attack at full power like you wanted boss."
Shadow: "Even though i didn't need it, but I'll still give you the promotion like I promised. You are now a High-Executive Kerrigan, and you earned before now, but I just needed something to use to bribe you. Hehehe..."

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Max: "I suggest we execute a well-planned out and thoughtful strategy to get the announcer back and get rid of Kent."
Ash: "Yeah! Let's get rid of Kent! Come on Pikachu!"
Ash runs out the door with Pikachu on his shoulder.
Max (sarcastically): "Well that was thoughtful and well-planned."
Brock: "More like thoughtless."
May: "Like always?"

~~Announcer's Room~~
Kent is sleeping in the annoucner's chair and Ash barges in waking him up.
Kent: "Who is there!?!"
Kent: "Oh dear..."
Pikachu shocks Kent senidng him blasting off. Ash let's the announcer out of the trunk and Keith walks up to them clapping.
Keith: "The whole take over thing was a distraction to confirm some information we heard. We will be leaving now."
Keith and the two Grunts in the room leave.

Announcer: "Now to get this tournament back in order!"

~~Five Minutes Later~~
Announcer: "The Team Rocket rule is no more! Now will the remaining Semi-Finalists please report to Stadium 2?"

~~Stadium Two; 15 minutes later~~
Announcer: "Now it is time for the second and last Semi-Final Battle! Felix and Jake versus James and Davis.

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Felix: "Go Tyranitar!"
Golem rolls towards Tyranitar, but Tyranitar stops it with one hand.
Felix: "Ancient Power!"
Tyranitar glows and lifts up Golem. It then throws Golem at Seviper, knocking them both out.
Davis: "One Poke mon left, go Ditto!"
James: "Wobbufett go!"

Announcer: "Down to one Poke mon each, it seems Davis is using Ditto and James is using Wobbufett, two very unigue Poke mon."
Davis: "Transform into Tyranitar!"
Felix and Jake: "Hyper Beam!"
Tyranitar and Espeon fire Hyper Beams at Wobbufett and Ditto. Instead of transforming into Tyrantitar, Ditto transforms into Wobbufett. Both Wobbufetts Counter the Hyper Beams. Espeon gets knocked out but Tyranitar still stands.
Davis: "Hmmm, that Ditto still doesn't listen to me. Stupid trading...."
Jake: "Go Solrock! Sunny Day!"
Announcer: "The sunlight got bright. The sunlight is bright..."
Jake: "Solar Beam!"
Solar Beam hits Ditto (Wobbufett form), which kept its own stats, so it doesn't ahve enough HP to stand up to Solar Beam and it faints.
Jake and Felix: "Hyper Beam!"
Both Hyper Beams hit Wobbufett at the same time, which is too much for it to counter and it faints.
Referee: "Jake and Felix win!"
Announcer: "The sunlight is bright...."

Back