• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: ddrox's Deck Disasters

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
  • In which I, ddrox13, make up a really cheesy deck for the TCGO and ladder it, sharing my results and giving a verdict on the list. My only rules are that any direct Tier 1-3 decks are out the window, and I will be taking suggestions from the public on potential lists to play. There would be no set release timeframe due to the time it may or may not take to acquire the needed cards.

Article would consist of:
    Deck conecpt
    My list
    What each card should do
    Short paragraph (think 1-3 sentences) analysis of each of 10 matches
    Verdict

The first deck I intend to do this with is something I found in a random battle earlier this week. I'm calling it "Fight Alone", and it based on FCO Lucario's attack of the same name.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    It's a good idea but Fight Alone Lucario is a fairly well known and played rogue/entry deck so there's already a tonne of stuff on it.

There's a whole bunch of cards like Toucannon that'd make for interesting for a would be disaster that might surprise

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • My only rules are that any direct Tier 1-3 decks are out the window, and I will be taking suggestions from the public on potential lists to play. There would be no set release timeframe due to the time it may or may not take to acquire the needed cards.
    I presume you would use the TCG section for suggestions? And no set timeframe sounds wise given you need to get the cards to use.
    It's a good idea but Fight Alone Lucario is a fairly well known and played rogue/entry deck so there's already a tonne of stuff on it.
    I know little about TCG but maybe exploring more well known decks/ideas isn't a bad thing either, as long as it wasn't all of the articles. Gives readers a mix of the staples and the unexpected imo.

+1 from me.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • It's a good idea but Fight Alone Lucario is a fairly well known and played rogue/entry deck so there's already a tonne of stuff on it.

There's a whole bunch of cards like Toucannon that'd make for interesting for a would be disaster that might surprise

Ohhhh, Toucannon...

Anyway, Lucario is just something that I haden't heard of and decided to build last week. Rogue decks are EXACTLY what I'm looking for here, and the chance to talk about a cheap entry deck is always good for the section.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I like the idea and it could lead to some neat scenarios. I don't have card recoomendations as I haven't played the TCG in years, just enjoyed the art from it. I'm sure that's easy enough to get though. So I give it a +1

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I like the idea and it could lead to some neat scenarios. I don't have card recoomendations as I haven't played the TCG in years, just enjoyed the art from it. I'm sure that's easy enough to get though. So I give it a +1

I did write an article about how to play the TCG, ya know :P

Back