• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play the spinoffs?

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
Years
  • Recently, I've only played Pokken and Let's Go Pikachu, I did play the Colosseum and Gale of Darkness on the GameCube, Battle Revolution on the Wii and the Stadium series plus Pokemon Snap on the N64.

StormInAJar

Tactician from Renais
    Years
  • If I'm really thinking hard about it, I have played at least one iteration of every spin off game. I haven't played them all, but I've played on of the Ranger games, one of the mystery dungeon games, things like that. I've even played the really bad ones like Pokepark Wii and Pokemon Rumble U (Sorry if any of you guys really like those games xP They're just not my thing)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • As of now, only PMD and Quest, and ONLY those 2. I was thinking of comming back to play Conq again to complete another one of the post-game stories (I believe I only completed 1 or 2) but maybe not for a few more years. Anything other franchise than those 3 I either disapprove, or totally lost interest.

Years
  • To answer my own question: not as many as I wish I did! I've played TCG (GBC), Puzzle Challenge (GBC), Stadium 1 & 2 (N64), Snap (N64), Hey You, Pikachu! (N64), Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity (3DS), Conquest (DS), Rumble Blast (3DS). From mobile games, Shuffle, Quest, Magikarp Jump, and Duel (albeit briefly). That list is....actually bigger than I thought?? But still not as big as I wish lol. Really would've liked to try XD and Colosseum when they were still new. ;_;/ but not too late i suppose

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Unless you count a brief playing of Pokemon GO back in 2016 when it was the big thing, I haven't played a single spin-off Pokemon game since Pokemon Stadium 2, so no, I don't.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I've played a good amount of them.
    Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon colosseum/Gale of darkness, Pokemon Channel, Pokepark 2, Pokemon snap, Pokken
    and my favorite of them all...Battle Revolution.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i've played a good chunk. my favorites are hands down colosseum and gale of darkness, and i would put pokemon trading card game as a close second. i grew up on stadium 2, that kind of served as my gen II at the time gen II was the latest bc i didn't get to play GSC until like 2004. loved me some pokemon snap in the day too, and i really liked puzzle league even though lmfao you could put anything over that game to make it themed to whatever you want. barely had anything to do with pokemon as i recall.

i like pmd a lot too but i'm bitter bc i had it goin on in pmd blue and lost my copy. so i've never been able to really dive into a pmd game like that again bc it made me so upset to lose all that hard work okay like i was an UMBREON named kitsune and i had a blaziken named abigail for my partner. i think i had recruited all the legendary birds and i was working on getting lugia or smth but anyway i digress lol. i enjoyed explorers of darkness and sky as well, but again, i could just never dive in like i did w blue bc i'm. a bitter bitch. also i had ranger but i fucking hated it and i heard the later ranger games were better than the first, but i didn't trust it so lol. i only really wanted ranger for that manaphy egg anyway i am not gonna lie. oh and battle revolution was atrocious.

if pokemon go counts, i'm a bit of an on and off player. i got super back into it last year when the alolan forms got released, but then i stopped playing when it got cold. i'll probably hop back in soon bc it's warming up again.

other than those though, i don't have much experience w the other spin off games. never got into trozei, shuffle, or rumble. didn't play the pokepark games, though i heard 2 was pretty good? conquest seemed to complicated for me bc i'm a dumb bitch. hey you pikachu is something i never wanted to play bc when i was a kid, i hated pikachu and wanted a hey you eevee instead (little did that child know!!! they would get their wish kinda in LGPE lol) and then uhhh everything else is too irrelevant for me to bring up i guess.

tldr i'm apparently very bitter now that i've typed all of this out lol

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I do enjoy playing PMD series as currently I play Gates to infinity right now and still not yet finish and Conquest is bit ok game and I dont really see much to eye with pokemon being a tactical side game

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • I have played Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs,along with PMD Red Rescue Team,Explorers of Sky and Pokemon Conquest.They have a better story than the main games,and gives us a different perspective of pokemon world.

Years
  • I played some of them, i stopped playing after gen V then i got bored of playing spin off games.
    The only one that catch my attention recently was Let's go, but i don't own a switch.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I've played both Stadiums, Pinball, Snap and recently Pokken Tournament.

I should probably carry on my playthrough of Stadium 1, i'm onto the R2 battles..

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Yes. I like the spinoff games. Sadly, I have not yet played any of the Ranger titles. Wish I have. They're pretty good.

Years
  • God, I think I've played the majority of them. Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Puzzle League, Pokémon Pinball, Pokémon Pinball Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon Colosseum and XD (they're particularly fantastic), Pokémon Art Academy, Pokken Tournament, Pokémon Ranger 1, 2, and 3, Pokémon Conquest, Pokémon Battle Revolution, Pokémon GO... I like them all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to play Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia (best spinoff imo) a lot, besides that Pokémon mystery dungeon gates to infinity, Pokémon GO, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Pokémon Tower Defense.

Last edited:
    Back