• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who had trouble defeating Colress and Ghetsis?

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
Years
  • Seriously guys how many of you had trouble with Colress or Ghetsis(or both) in Pokemon white 2 and black 2. I had trouble with Ghetsis but I was able to defeat Colress without losing any Pokemon.

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    I found Ghetsis to be troublesome on occasion, but more because of his Seismitoad and Elektross in most cases.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Only in Blaze Black 2 where Colress has a team of steel types with sturdy and my team relatively weak and underpowered even with a type advantage. Had to redo that fight a headache inducing number of times. Stopped playing BB2 for a while because of that.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I didn't think either of them were too difficult when I battled them in B2W2. Ghetsis was much harder in BW for me. His Hydreigon in particular seemed to be a lot easier to KO in the second Gen 5 games.

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I found Colress's team to be kind of monotyped, so he wasn't that much of a problem like Ghetsis was in B/W or even B2/W2

Years
  • Colress I thought was pretty easy in the battle at the frigate. In the post game rematch he has a 70+ team with Pokemon ranging from Metagross to Rotom wash, but for the final battle in the main story that you must do I don't recall any problematic areas. Half of his team is nfe, and the levels are pretty average. They were all but one steel types, leaving them susceptible to the same weaknesses, and in the case of the magnemite line 4× weakness.

Ghetsis wasn't hard to me either in BW2. Now the original Black and White Ghetsis is a different story. He ripped through my team with just Hydreigon. Even with Reshiram in my party I was only able to salvage the battle due to max revives. His signature pokemon is fast, and hit like a truck with a great special attack and some really unexpected coverage that hit at painfully high base power, fire blast, focus blast, surf etc.

BW2 however lowered the levels of his team, changed Hydreigon's entire moveset to remove any coverage, reduced the basepower of every move and didn't give him a single special attack, forcing it to rely on only physical moves which drop his attacking power by 20 pts. Hydreigon doesn't even get an accurate stab move. With crunch, dragon rush, rockslide and frustration it looks like he purpousely built this pokemon so that it would be walled by Lucario, which you can pick up by getting a riolu early game. Honestly, I think what they did to Ghetsis was cruel...

Years
  • Ghetsis annihilated me. Again and again. Tears may have been shed, I can't remember. I sought help and got it, and there is a lot of shame in that.

Can't recall fighting Colress in any detail. I think he butchered me, but who doesn't? I am fucking awful at Pokemon, lmao.

Satire

let’s get this bread
    Years
  • Colress was always easy for me, since I had way over trained my Lucario in B2W2. Ghetsis wasn't too difficult in W2, in fact I had a much harder time in Black. My experience was similar to VisionofMilotic's in that game, except I wasn't as prepared and had to rebattle him.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ghetsis was difficult but mostly in BW iirc. Colress I recall managing fine, but Ghetsis certainly gave trouble what with his higher levelled team and fully evolved sweepers.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I've only had trouble with him in Black & White. I think in Black 2 & White 2 I kind of knew what to expect so I didn't have too much trouble with him.

Back