• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: [EM] Dizzy's Hacked Engine

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Every time I throw one of the new poke balls the pokemon breaks out instantly and the ball will never roll no matter what. I have the ball expansion set to its default offset and I have tried moving it around. It compiles and give them proper visuals and descriptions but the balls all do nothing at all. Please help :C

Nyan Krunex

Nyan Krunex
    Years
  • When I enter the command in cmd, it says "Devkit does not exist in your path variable......Checking default location..Devkit found...Compiling ./src\EVTrainers.c"
    After these, I don't get a test.gba
    And also I am newbie..and I was just checking the comments for help. So what are hooks?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    jYX4VuD

Can anyone explain to me what's going on in this picture?

Years
  • I keep getting this error message whenever I try to run the build.py script:
    cc1.exe - Application Error
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Attachments

• error.png
      error.png
      10.9 KB · Views: 11

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • I know it's been a month since this thread has been active, but how exactly does the Eevee table actually work? And where is it so that we could edit the indexes of each Pokemon?

EDIT: Sorry, found it in EvolutionMethods.c within the src folder, my bad.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Having an issue compiling, it keeps telling me this in the command prompt 'FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified' my rom is in the Various-EM-features-master folder like it is supposed to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of what is going wrong -> https://imgur.com/a/yzaDndY

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Sorry I should have taken down my message, I realised I didn't have the correct version of devkitarm and it has worked since then, Thanks though!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Just have one more question, this time regarding the shiny charm. I saw someone else asking about this and was wondering the same thing. I set the 0x0 next to the shiny charm to an open item ID, in hex, yet when the changes are compiling, there is no visible mention of the shiny charm being created. In addition, when I open up the rom in complete item editor, the shiny charm is not there. Is there a solution to this that I'm missing?

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
  • Does anyone know why this error is occuring? I can't seem to find anything wrong with the value so I have no idea. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      32.6 KB · Views: 33
    Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • I think the one thing that I like about this engine is the fact that they conveniently forgot the evolution method where it has to learn a certain type of move. It's not like there's a certain Pok?mon that needs that...*cough* EEVEE *cough* FAIRY-MOVE *cough* SYLVEON *cough*

EDIT: I said screw it and edited the "Eevee Table" with the engine. I decided to edit the "Sylveon" evolution and added 1. Doing some research and apparently Eevee can only learn 2 Fairy-type moves. Charm and Baby-Doll Eyes. So I used the Know Moves evolution methods and used that for both Charm and Baby-Doll Eyes. It worked, along with the other Eevee Evolutions, so that's good in my book ??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2022
    i may be to dumb but how can i use it? i dont see any .exe or so to open the rom i want to change so how exactly can i use it?

Years
  • Can someone please explain how to use the new special commands? I'm trying to write a script using special 0x228 to change natures and genders

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2021
    Idk if this thread is still active but im a newbie at this and it keeps telling me libwinpthread-1.dll is missing... i tried to download it and place into the lib folder in devkitpro but it keeps giving the same error

Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Probably a dumb question, but when I applied this to my game, it added a day night cycle where night is dark, is this intended or did I do something wrong?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2021
    Can I make a merge without problems if I already have Battle_Engine_v2, Item expansion and pokemon expansion?

Back