• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2018
    Was having a lot of fun with this hack and now I'm stuck. I beat the elite four twice and got gold trophy, got all the legendary birds, dogs, mew, caught all the unown, and I still don't have access to Mt. SIlver. I don't know what I have left to do but know there's more.

Also I saw Eusine in celedon city pokecenter and he mentioned he wanted to see all of the legendary dogs. I went back to the pokecenter after catching all of the dogs and he wasn't there anymore.

Did you talk to
    Spoiler:
    He faces you in battle and beating him opens up Mt. Silver.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021
    Stupid question but i need answers lol
    so i know in 2.2.0 shiny odds are about 1/1500, are these odds lowered for static encounters aswell, as in the starters, suicune, etc.?
    i just wanted to know because this is the only rom hack i can shiny hunt in and enjoy it aswell, unlike hacks with insane shiny odds.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I can't seem to find a Jigglypuff on Route 46, even though the documentation on Github says one can be found during the day. Am I missing something here?

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2018
    Stupid question but i need answers lol
    so i know in 2.2.0 shiny odds are about 1/1500, are these odds lowered for static encounters aswell, as in the starters, suicune, etc.?
    i just wanted to know because this is the only rom hack i can shiny hunt in and enjoy it aswell, unlike hacks with insane shiny odds.

Shiny odds in 2.20 are 1 in 1,024, this also counts for static encounters and gift pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    Is there any document with in-game changes? Like all Pokémon type changes, movesets and locations...

Last edited:

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024

When I use Sketch on a ghost-type pokemon, it doesn't learn Hypnosis let alone a transformed Ditto. The last move a foe used is Hypnosis.

Have you replace stat exp with evs or is it for version 3.0.0?

I'm going a make a mod for the pokemon battle simulator with the latest update to your game. I hope it's okay with you using the game. Since there is no wifi on pokemon roms, that is the reason why I'll make this mod so you could battle with other players.

I also need some ai bots as well in case nobody will battle you at a time. But not bots from you though, we both know you don't make those anyway, right?

EDIT: Could you transfer the save from beta version to full version? I used normal patch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018

Thx! This helped me a lot.

Today i found a BUG
    . After beating all Kanto Gym leaders, i went to the Pokémon League to level up some Pokémon, then Lyra appeared and we had a PKM battle. In that battle, when my Togekiss got enough experience to go from level 68 to level 69, instead acctually getting to the Level 69, he went to level 54 and started to change his sprite every time he entered the field, copying the last Pokémon' sprite that i used. ALSO, his ability changed to Skill Link...

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Will there be somewhere to feasably grind lower-level mons, or grind before the Elite Four, etc etc in the next version? Because without a gen 6 exp share or gen 6 exp switch-training mechanics (either would do) it's incredibly mind-numbing to train anything to a decent level.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • Will there be somewhere to feasably grind lower-level mons, or grind before the Elite Four, etc etc in the next version? Because without a gen 6 exp share or gen 6 exp switch-training mechanics (either would do) it's incredibly mind-numbing to train anything to a decent level.

Gen 6 Exp. Share mechanics are overpowered.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    I see there's a beta 7 for 3,.0.0 can it be played through without a issue or should we stick to the non beta?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I'm playing version 3.00.
    Do i have the Right version? Cause on the Pokecommunity and github, only version 2.20 is available. I got version 3.00 from Pokemoner.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    Hey just seeking some help with this amazing hack. I just beat Fuchsia city gym expecting to received TM 6 for toxic which I think has been changed. Does anyone know where to get toxic? Thanks!

Years
  • Regarding the source code.

I was reading tmhm_moves.asm and noticed it says TM31 (Roost) and TM69 (U_Turn) handed out by Falkner and Bugsy.

Problem is that I got Mud Slap from Falkner and Fury Cutter from Bugsy. Neither move is present in tmhm_moves.asm unless I missed those somehow. Are Roost and U-Turn absent from the game or was I not supposed to get the original GSC moves? This is confusing.

Edit: I have imgur links to screenshots.

Last edited:

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • Regarding the source code.

I was reading tmhm_moves.asm and noticed it says TM31 (Roost) and TM69 (U_Turn) handed out by Falkner and Bugsy.

Problem is that I got Mud Slap from Falkner and Fury Cutter from Bugsy. Neither move is present in tmhm_moves.asm unless I missed those somehow. Are Roost and U-Turn absent from the game or was I not supposed to get the original GSC moves? This is confusing.

Edit: I have imgur links to screenshots.

The GitHub source code is not equivalent to the stable V2.2.0 release, if that's what you're using. The GitHub is pretty much an ongoing V3.0 beta.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2021
    So I'm in nuzlocke mode and I'm stuck in violet city. Ive beaten sprout tower but none of my pokemon can learn flash, and I've gotten all of the encounters I can currently get. I really don't want to have to restart. Please help!

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2021
    I was in a similar situation. Have you tried the grass on Route 36 for a Bellsprout? If not, I would save, then try until you find and catch one.

Thank you,

I've gone to every route that I can and I didn't get anything

Back