• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Organization . . .

Years
  • How do you keep your PC cleaned and organized? My Method is to keep 6 boxes for competitive battling and 6 boxes for trading. I keep 1 box for pokemon events I have collected thus far. I have tried arranging the mons according to their Nature type followed by their type but that does not work out for me.

Years
  • I tend to use the box with the highest number for swapping in/out important Pokemon such as my in-game team members, HM users and Pokemon trained for a specific purpose. Other than that I just store everything in the order I catch them, starting with box 1. xD

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • To be honest, I don't really do anything about my boxes as far as organisation goes. What I've started doing is putting my shinies in their own designated boxes (usually around box 21 or something) and boxes 16-20 is reserved for breeding projects. In SM, I tried adding boxes for the BRs, but it was overflowing so I ditched the concept entirely. Now it's just a mishmash of random Pokemon, and the only way I retrieve the one I want is to just simply use the search function.

Years
    • Age 36
    • US
    • Seen Nov 25, 2021
    I like to keep boxes by teams/utility first, maybe a breeding page or two, National Pokedex #, and then, last but not least, Shinies.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • Back in the day I had the idea to name the boxes after in-game locations and
    put there pokémon I deemed as fitting... allow me to get my diamond cartridge...
    . . .
    Okay, the DSi and the cartridge are somewhere within sister's room,
    and trying to find them would be almost impossible but also not too decorous...
    Perhaps I can resonctruct what things were like based off the standard backdrops...
    *miniremo noises*
    Box1, with the forest wallpaper, was named "Evopoli" (Yes, the Eterna forest is named Eterna city forest... go figure)
    Box2, with the city wallpaper, was named "Rupepoli" (Veilstone city)
    Then... I can't remember the exact order, but...
    Desert->ROUTE228
    Savannah->ROUTE210
    Crag->Cammino(Cammino roccioso, rocky path, aka the Ravaged path)
    Volcano->Ostile(Stark mountain was translated as Hostile mountain xD)
    Snow->Corona(From Mt.Coronet)
    Cave->Ferrosa(Isola ferrosa, aka Iron island)
    Beach->Sabbiafin(Sabbiafine, aka Sandgem town. Props to the translators for avoiding the suffix -poli)
    Seafloor->I think this one was just named Fondo, aka bottom...
    River->Verità(Lake Verity, 'cause the wallpaper's name is just the true-devs' opinion xP)
    Sky->Uh...sky? Or...was it heaven?
    Checks-> Two boxes, named Cuoripoli & Flemma(from Flemminia, Solaceon town, which in turn comes from flemma,placidity)
    PokéCenter->Centro(Logging onto PC through the PC'S PC)
    Machine->Chateau(well... those tiles didn't exactly look like machinery)
    Simple-> Two boxes, Palestra(gym, for the team members and a few others) and Lega(League, got the legendaries placed here)

Still, I'm also trying to think about some possible box wallpapers...

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I usually keep the Pokémon I often use in a seperate box and put all the other Pokémon in other boxes.

Years
    • Seen today
    I like organizing by choosing a wall paper color that matches the type.

I'll pick the waterfall background, name it "Water" and put all the water types in it.

I create a separate box for legendary Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I only organize the battle boxes for post-game, otherwise it doesn't really matter.

It's hard for me to remember sometimes though, post-game, what teams work best together, etc, so I try to organize them as such.

Years
  • I organize by type since it's easier for me.

... Of course, that's also assuming that I attempt to get them organized at all, which is a massive effort in itself. >.>

Back