• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

The Official Nuzlocke Challenge
    The Nuzlocke challenge is one of the funnest, emotional, and most rewarding ways to play a Pokemon game.

Here are the all-important RULES:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. No Healing Outside of battle (optional)
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. If you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries. (Its funner if you act like Nuzlocke and kill all the legendaries).
    6. Trading sort of ruins the purpose. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional)
    7. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)
    8. Make Comics whenever something amazing happens. (optional, but still reccomended :I)
    Have Fun and take on the Nuzlocke Challenge!

RULES 1, 3, AND 7 ARE THE ONLY TOTALLY REQUIRED ONES, THE OTHERS ARE JUST TO ADD MORE FUN/DIFFICULTY TO THE CHALLENGE.

Red/Blue/Yellow

Champions: Myrrhman

Gold/Silver/Crystal

Champions: Gogoshinydunsparce

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:

Champions: Dark Sceptile, Sammurthegreat, Mondays Suck, Myrrhman, Hawkfire-The-Cat.

FireRed/LeafGreen

Champions:

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Champions: Diablerie, Necroflame, Rews11

Heartgold/Soulsilver

Champions: AceDragonite, Vaporeon7

Black/White
    Challengers:
    Champions:

HACKS
    Champions: Chaos1011 (Moemon Fire Red Omega)

Colosseum/XD
    Champions

Pokemon Sienna Faction-Locke Event Sign Up:
    1. Karpman

(Info on faction games can be found here http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...SuccessionGame)

For more info here's nuzlocke's official site: http://www.nuzlocke.com/?page_id=2 (comics contain suggestive language)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Hi, I've been doing a Sapphire Nuzlocke run. In case anyone is interested in reading about my progress I've set up a blog here.

I'm about to get to Lilycove so I won't re-post my journey so far, but I'll carry on posting my progress from this points on.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Okay, seriously. What is the point in this, exactly? We already have loads of Nuzlocke threads for the individual games. What can honestly be accomplished from combining all of them into one thread?

There are some things on this forum that don't need changing/altering, and this is one of them.

Kanye West

but you can call me great
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    Okay, seriously. What is the point in this, exactly? We already have loads of Nuzlocke threads for the individual games. What can honestly be accomplished from combining all of them into one thread?

There are some things on this forum that don't need changing/altering, and this is one of them.

Cleaner forum & less searching.
    What can honestly be accomplished from having a bunch of the same challenge for every region when you can just put them all in one thread?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • What Kanye said. It is the reason we combined the Monotype and Solo challenges; so that we can make the forum a little easier to navigate. It brings the list of challenges from 3 pages to 1 and a half. And we can probably change some of the others over (like alpha fan, gym leaders/elite four, which can be one thread for both types, colors, combine anime and manga) and I bet we can get it down to one page. I know, that might be a bit excessive, and it is unfortunate that some of the people that run the challenges basically got booted out of their challenges, but its for the good of the community.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    What Kanye said. It is the reason we combined the Monotype and Solo challenges; so that we can make the forum a little easier to navigate. It brings the list of challenges from 3 pages to 1 and a half. And we can probably change some of the others over (like alpha fan, gym leaders/elite four, which can be one thread for both types, colors, combine anime and manga) and I bet we can get it down to one page. I know, that might be a bit excessive, and it is unfortunate that some of the people that run the challenges basically got booted out of their challenges, but its for the good of the community.

Indeed. It works out quite nicely for me too seeing as I was the only person posting in the old R/S/E Nuzlocke thread and the guy running the thread didn't update it either; at least this way I know someone might actually read my posts and I'm not just keeping a dead thread alive.

Also, AceDragonite, thanks for adding me to the list of challengers, but could you remove the r from my name? It's Sammuthegreat, not Sammurthegreat.

Thanks!

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I've been meaning to do this for a while and I want to do it for FireRed, so put me down for that. :)

Edit: Not sure when I'll start it though. I'm not sure I'll be able to play it alongside my Random Pokemon Challenge game and Platinum game (first time). So it might be a while, plus I want to try and record this for my YouTube channel.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    I didn't think that "no healing outside of battle" was an official rule... >.> I thought the only official rules were:
    1) 1 pokemon per route/area/etc.
    2) If a pokemon faints, then it's dead

Also, what about romhacks? Do they count as an acceptible challenge? I'm playing Moemon Leaf Green with my starter edited to be a Ralts (which makes life so much harder x_x).

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I didn't think that "no healing outside of battle" was an official rule... >.> I thought the only official rules were:
    1) 1 pokemon per route/area/etc.
    2) If a pokemon faints, then it's dead

Also, what about romhacks? Do they count as an acceptible challenge? I'm playing Moemon Leaf Green with my starter edited to be a Ralts (which makes life so much harder x_x).
    I know way back when, when I did the Yellow Version Nuzzy, someone did Brown Version. So yeah, I'm pretty sure ROM Hacks are cool.

Also, http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3483/1269893749258.png is the official rules, if i'm not mistaken. And Ace, when you get time, go ahead and sign me up for I guess silver. I'll get around to it eventually, right now I'm finishing up three challenges (in the elite four in all of them) on ruby, I'm 3 Badges away from completing my second ultimate monotype, and i'm signed up for the Favorite, Starter, and "New Kind of Challenge". And I don't like being under 5 challenges at once, so when i finish off the ruby ones, I'll be starting this.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Cleaner forum & less searching.
    What can honestly be accomplished from having a bunch of the same challenge for every region when you can just put them all in one thread?
    Less searching? Oh come on. This forum has about, what, 3 pages?

Nevermind, anyway. I'm currently in the middle of the Pearl Nuzlocke, so put me down for that, please.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    I know way back when, when I did the Yellow Version Nuzzy, someone did Brown Version. So yeah, I'm pretty sure ROM Hacks are cool.

Also, *link I can't post yet* is the official rules, if i'm not mistaken.
    In that case, sign me up for Leaf Green (since all other conditions are the same... well, Gary gets a Larvitar).

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    ...Well, this is a major problem. The game won't let any non-Kantodex pokemon evolve without the National dex, and I can't get it to activate, even using cheats. That means I'm permanently stuck with an unevolvable starter!

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • I've done many mono-type and mono-species... (not on Pokecommunity, out of boredome before I signed up) but I've never done a Nuzelocke. (Although I've read all the comics :3) I finally have an open game so I accept the challenge!

Sign me up for HG plz. :D

I'll update as often as I can... I'll also put my current status in my sig anyway. I.E., team, location, ect.

EDIT: Oh wait, HM slaves are allowed correct?

Years
  • I'm going to sign up with FireRed for this, please! I'm currently working on my monotype challenge in Pearl and this is going to be done on my computer, but I'll update with this one when I can. I'll put some stats about my run in my sig when I get something going. Thanks guys! XD

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • And now, ladies and gentlemen, for the next update!

Nuzrick stared intently on the TV screen as he waited for the nurse to heal his team.

"Hey, all you TRAINERS out there! HELLO, TRAINERS!"

"......... ......... ........."

"Come on, let me hear you! HELLO TRAINERS!"

"It's me, the POKé DUDE!"

"Today, the POKé DUDE's going to show you how to catch POKéMON!"

"Just imagine... A groovy POKéMON suddenly appearing in the wild!"

"Oh, you want it! You just can't help it!"

"You gotta have it!"

"Let me show you how you can make it happen!"

"All righty, here goes!"

"Keep your eyes glued to the super POKé DUDE SHOW!"

The POKé DUDE walked around in a large patch of grass, until he bumped into a wild Pokémon.

"Woah? What's this? Well, that's not something you see every day!"

A wild RHYDON appeared!

The POKe DUDE sent out an Oddish. The small plant Pokémon cowered in terror before the massive beast before it. The Rhydon simply stepped on the poor creature, and it was history.

The POKé DUDE sent out a Rattata.

"Well girls and boys, it looks like I've met up with a POKéMON much higher level then my own team! Not to fear though, the POKéMON RATTATA has the ability RUN AWAY, so it can get away from any wild POKéMON no problem!"

Can't escape!

"Of course, it looks like my RATTATA has GUTS..."

RATTATA fainted!

"Well girls and boys, looks like I'm out of POKéMON, so I just got a white ou-"

The Rhydon charged at the POKé DUDE and rammed him in the chest, blasting him off.

The End

The show had ended just in time too, as the nurse came over and handed him five Pokéballs. Nuzrick had caught a fifth member in a Budew earlier in the grass, pondered for a while on what to call it, and then finally came to the conclusion that he should name it Budsworth. He kept it in a plain red Pokeball, like the rest.

As he went out the Pokemon Center door, he embraced the area around him. Floaroma Town was different from most of the other areas have been. It was not befouled by the bloodshed of Pokémon yet. Vibrant flowers littered the ground around him, rather then the garbage, stagnant water, and water-type Pokémon carcasses that he was used to in the cities he normally visited. Nuzrick wandered around a bit until he came upon the seemingly largest building in the city. A girl walked by him and started to chatter.

"The Berries you pick can be used as food for Pok
    émon. You can also exchange them at the florist's for Accessories to dress up your Pokemon."

An Oran Tree was growing next to the flower shop. After picking off a single fruit, the tree disintegrated into loamy soil. Nuzrick was about to go off when he quickly remembered something. Nuzrick pulled out the bad full of sparkling red dust from his pack, he carefully reached inside of it to pull out a single berry. this berry, roughly as large as an apple, had a mysterious quality to it, and it looked like nothing Nuzrick had ever seen before. He gingerly planted the fruit into the soil, carefully covering it up, and then left it. He figured he should be going to the Eterna City for the next gym, so he left for Route 205. As he was steadily walking along, a little girl ran towards him, an alarmed expression on her face.

"Please mister, you gotta help! These weird people in space suits took my daddy and locked him away in his Windworks!"

...I suppose I can help this little girl. Probably just her imagination or somethi-

Sure enough, there were in fact, two weird space men blocking the way through the bridge across the river!

"We, Team Galactic, are conducting research in the Eterna Forest! This is as far as you will go!"

Nuzrick attempted to reach for his Pok
    éballs, but a strange force told him to stop.

"I'll deal with these freaks later, right now, I've got to save that little girl's father!"

Nuzrick approached the Valley Windworks, but a third guard was blocking the entrance."

"Hey you, you're not allowed here punk!"

The team Galactic Member sent out a Skitty-like Pok
    émon.

"Hmpth. fair enough. Tyro, time to play rough."

Nuzrick sent out Twig Tyro!

Twig Tyro used Razor Leaf!

After three our four waves, the strange Pok
    émon fainted.

"Yeah, like I can win anything with this weak Pok
    émon! Heh, you probably think that because you defeated me, I'll hand you over the key and let you through! Heh, fat chance for that, I'll just lock myself in! By the way, the second key is possessed by the grunts near that dumb flower town's meadow, so if you still want to get in, go to them and get clobbered! Heh, I don't feel like a loser any more!"

That's one stupid grunt... Nuzrick thought to himself.

And so, after going through the meadow, Nuzrick found, confronted, and utterly creamed the two Grunts, saved an Old Man who bought him Honey, use it to attract a Wurmple, named him Bunt and went off, when he heard a slight chirping come from his pack.

Rockstar had somehow opened up it's Pok
    éball and was staring at him intently.

"Lee! Starly!"

"Eh, what's that? You want to contribute to team team?"

Later at Route 204:

*Dudududun!*

*Dudududun!*

*Dudududun!*

Rockstar was, despite her small stature, smashing through wave after wave of Shinx, Bidoof, Budew, and anything else that got in her way.

"Starly!"

"Keep at it Rockstar, and you'll be strong in no time!"

Nuzrick was proud at the amount of effort she was putting off. It reminded him a bit of another Pok
    émon he once had...

*Dudududun!*

What? Rockstar is evolving!

Wheeew! Wheeew!

Spr_4d_396_m.png
    .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

397.png

Congratulations, your Rockstar evolved into Staravia!

CURRENT STATUS:

Party:

(Due to currently having a terrible computer, I won't be using sprites to illustrate anything for this episode. So use your imagination!)
    Spoiler:

Since the amount of Pok
    émon I'll obtain will likely be very large, I shall only list the six Pokémon on hand from this part on. You'll be able to see anything I caught and didn't mention on the "Areas cleared of Pokemon" below, anyways.

Casualties:

N/A

Areas cleared of Pokémon:

Lake Verity (*Got* Turtwig)
    Route 201 (Could Not Capture Bidoof)
    Route 202 (Caught Infinifang)
    Route 203 (Caught Rockstar)
    Oreburgh Mine (Caught Lolno the female Geodude)
    Mt. Coronet (Caught Football)

Route 204 (Caught Budsworth)
    Floaroma Meadow (Caught Bunt)
    Jubilife City (Recived Jirachi)

((Heh, sorry if the update seemed a bit unsubstantial. Next one should be better, covering Saturn, and Eterna Forest! ))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I've done many mono-type and mono-species... (not on Pokecommunity, out of boredome before I signed up) but I've never done a Nuzelocke. (Although I've read all the comics :3) I finally have an open game so I accept the challenge!

Sign me up for HG plz. :D

I'll update as often as I can... I'll also put my current status in my sig anyway. I.E., team, location, ect.

EDIT: Oh wait, HM slaves are allowed correct?

Yes they are. You can add any rules you like though, so if you want to disallow HM slaves, feel free. The only thing is though, if you want an HM slave you've got to hope it'll be the first Pokemon to show up in any area, otherwise you can't catch another.

Years
  • Well I'm starting a nuzlocke challenge on my Pokémon emerald and the player is called Chez (my real name).

Rules:
    Spoiler:

Day 1
    Spoiler:

My Team:
    Spoiler:

Backup:

None

Dead:
    Spoiler:

I will update soon.

Also, Sammuthegreat, I read the episodes on your blog and they were very interesting.

Last edited:
    Years
  • FireRed Nuzlocke Challenge

I started my run on FireRed last night and I thought I'd update, even though I'm not that far. Here are the rules of my challenge, courtesy of RaveSage:

Spoiler:

Anyway, on to the game! I named myself Mary and my rival Gary (yeah, it rhymes, I know) and once all of the intro stuff was done, I proceeded to get my Squirtle, Paradox, from Professor Oak and we beat Gary's Bulbasaur with ease. I caught my next team member, a Pidgey named Hayley, on Route 1 after delivering the Pokeball to Professor Oak from Viridian City. I then headed back to Viridian City and caught my third team member, Rex the Rattata, on Route 22. After some major grinding to level 10, I took down Gary again on the edge of Route 22 with Rex and Paradox. Now, my team and I are going to rest and get some things before heading to Viridian Forest and Pewter City.

The Team:
    Spoiler:

I probably won't be able to update until tomorrow or Monday at the latest but I wanted to get an update in before then.

Years
  • It's been some weeks since my last Nuzlocke run, about time for a new one. Playing a normal version, since any hacks other than Brown I tried screwed me over badly. Ruby it is, I can't just play this and that but miss the version where it all started.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back