• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Which legendary is best? legendary birds edition

Which bird is best?

• Articuno

Votes: 46 40.0%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Moltres

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nah, I never used any of these, but I really liked them in their movie. Articuno was always the most graceful and appealing one, while Moltres was like a bootleg Ho-oh somehow ;D Zapdos hasn't got my preferred kind of design style so, but it's still a kind of cool pokémon. Articuno would win my vote though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2017
    Zapdos for me, something about it as a kid made it so exciting. I still remember finding it the first time as a kid

Years
  • I love all three, but I am going to go with Zapdos. I have used him the most of the trio, and I think he is really awesome design wise.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I think Moltres and Articuno are tied for me.

Moltres looks really cool wrapped in those flames, and Articuno is as so majestic as they come. Not to say Zapdos isn't cool either; I've used on in my Pokemon Blue run first time around and it was quite impressive with moves like Thunder, Drill Peck, and Substitute (well I slapped a Sub TM for him).

calenlily

Water trainer with a Rowlet addiction
    Years
  • In my opinion Articuno has the best design (and decent stats in gen 1, pity it got nerfed by the special split), while Zapdos has the best stats and typing.

And all three have underwhelming movesets and the only thing I've ever used any of them for is as a Fly slave.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • I have to put Zapdos over these two due to a certain bias plus he was the first legendary I stumbled upon by accident. Moltres would (surprisingly) be second. While Articuno will have to take last.

mewchu28

I choose you
    Years
  • Articuno's the prettiest one to me. It has a sleek and elegant design, with a lovely white crest and flowing feathers. Zapdos looks really spiky and just... ugly to me. Its beak makes me think of a hag's nose. And Moltres is a bit boring, being basically a chicken on fire. Although I still like it better than Zapdos.

agreed

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Based on Moveset, its Zapdos. Based on design, I'll have to go with Moltres as I like its Phoenix look(Articuno isn't bad either). Since design means squat in a game meant for battling, I chose Zapdos. Ironic how its weak to the element it happens to exhibit(Electric).

Back