• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Team Commitment!

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
Years
  • When you first saw Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble were you drawn to one of those cute little critters a bit more than the others? In light of possible leaks circulating the internet I was wondering how strong your current level of team commitment is? Are you excited about your starter's potential final form and prouder than ever to be a member of say Team Sobble? Or might your allegiance change in light of recent images? Were you a supporter of Team Scorbunny, now thinking of joining Team Grookey? Vice versa?

What starter would you choose today judging by the leaked evolutions, and is it the same one you wanted previously?

Years
  • nothing has changed for me. i was on Team Grookey 100%, and it remains that way. Rillaboom turned out way better than i expected, so of course im going to be sticking with it!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I wasn't committed to any. I liked Sobble the most from the bunch, but was at least okay/decent with any of them. I was curious on what the evolutions were like before deciding anyway.

I'd... like a clearer look still, tbh. Some of the leaks are fuzzy, and I'd just like extra confirmation anyway.

pkmin3033

I was initially drawn to Scorbunny because rabbit and I despise monkeys and am generally eh to Sobble, but after seeing the leaked evolutions, if I play the games I am inclined to box my starter and forget about it, or just never evolve it.

...which would be fine. I never evolved my Rowlet or Litten in Moon/Ultra Moon after all.

Years
  • I was drawn to Grookey and Scorbunny initially, I ended up choosing Grookey because I didn't wanted to rely on kick moves and I was afraid Scorbunny end up being another Fire/Fight starter. I also think Grass type need some love.

Grookey final evolution looks cool so I'm pleased with my initial choice.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I liked Scorbunny the most, though with Grookey as a close second, and never liked Sobble. I definitely jumped ship onto Team Grookey, I don't like its final stage that much but I still prefer it to the other two.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • I was Team Grookey, but I am beginning to feel a sense of torn alleigance. I was expecting it's final evolution to look more whimsical like an organ grinder monkey or the music box from the phantom of the Opera when I first heard that it was a musical ape that played a drum in the Affleck leak. Even though this is still in the range of what was described I just pictured it in my mind differently, I get more of a masculine, intimidating Donkey Kong vibe from this leak of Rillaboom. While I can see the appeal I wanted a gentle giant personally, which gorillas actually are by temperament.

So If these are the third stage evolutions, which I think they have odds of being so after seeing more content, I am going to have to crossover from Team Grookey to Team Sobble. The drawing of Intellion looks the most fun to me. I like his devil-may-care confidence with the hand on the hip, and am getting Salazzle vibes. Since he's a spy I'll name him 007.

Nine times out of ten I end up with a willowy starter who is fast like Sceptile or Greninja, so that cycle is probably going to continue into gen 8.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I was Team Sobble, and despite some disappointment about its final from, I like starting with a water type. So I think I'll keep up my trend of always using the water starter on my "main" file for the generation.

I used to agonize over which starter to pick, but then I realized that I always go for the water one anyway. So now it's pretty much an automatic decision.

I like Grookey's final stage design, though, so I may try to trade one in to use as well.

Years
  • Scorbunny for me still. I never was a fan of bulky Pokémon like what Grookey seems it will evolve into, and Sobble's final evolution is a bit too humanoid for me. Scorbunny looks the best of the bunch!

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I liked Grookey the best when the games were first announced, mainly because I was hoping for a gorilla. Rillaboom however, wasn't exactly appealing to me, especially with it being pure Grass.
    So assuming I buy a Galar game (not SwSh, maybe the rerelease) in the future, then maybe Sobble. While I'm not a fan of Intellion's design, the spy concept is brilliant.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I haven't seen all the evolutions but... somehow, I think I'm still going to pick Grookey????

I was so sure that even though I was Team Grookey at the start, that it would evolve into something I hated so I wouldn't end up picking it. I was relieved when Cherubi was announced, too, since I was so sure I'd be switching to Sobble and it meant I wouldn't be doubling up on grass. But... here I am... pretty sure I'm gonna pick Grookey. I guess I should look up Scorbunny's evolutions to see how I feel about its final but I really don't care for Scorbunny as-is, so it would have to be something that really resonated with me for that to happen and I don't think it's possible lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I was Team Sobble at the beginning, but now with the leaks I'm second guessing myself. None of the starters really appeal to me personally, but Rillaboom is probably the closest, with Cinderace my least favourite by far.

Years
  • I'd been so distraught for the longest time not knowing how the starters were going to look, especially since I wanted Scorbunny and was worried it was going to turn into yet another Fire/Fighting starter (not that I have a real issue with it considering Blaziken is my favorite starter, but it's a little stale and I digress lol). I actually quite like the evolutionary forms and I think I'm going to stay with Scorbunny when the game comes out.

JG Smith

Author, Student and Data Analyst
    Years
  • I was originally uncertain about who I'd choose between Scorbunny and Sobble. Inteleon won me over. Not what I expected, but I'm liking it more and more the more I look at it.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I was never on a team, I was waiting for the final evolutions, BUT I was leaning towards either Scorbunny or Grookey. Now, I'm definitely team Sobble.

Scorbunny is definitely out, it's the only final evolution I don't like (which I probably should've expected, baggage associated with Fire starters aside, I don't even like soccer/sports); I considered Grookey, because I think great apes are cool and it would be fun to Dynamax, but I'm gonna be honest - seeing all the hate for Intelleon solidified it as my choice. :} (I do like it on its own merits as well, but I just can't resist the underdog factor! It was the same thing with Oshawott.)

Back