• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Our pass the ball sideways really slowly and drop 2 of our better players approach seems to be working. Adams is a genius.

Of course there will be some spaghetti defending in the second half and we'll blow it.

Arsenal. wowow

Years
I'm really dropping the ball in terms of checking this recently.

Another chance for us to go top if arguably our best manager ever Steve McClaren lets us tomorrow. Unfortunately our current Spanish wonder manager won't be at the helm.

I think we're on tv at 12 so check us out if you're not busy. :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
After one win in ten from the end of September 'til the end of November it sure feels surreal that we could go into the Christmas fixtures in the top 6. Huddersfield at home tomorrow and then Derby away before those games.

Should be an interesting game tomorrow, with Grant Holt coming home and all.

Last time I watched Boro I didn't enjoy it much.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Thought that game was going to be thrown away since everytime we took a 2 goal lead Cardiff replied, always nice to know we can score 5 goals with 5 different scorers mind but our defense seriously needs looking at if we are to challange for the rest of the season.
For now approaching the half way point in the season and we sit top of the Championship with 1 point seperating us from 4th and maybe set for an epic ending to this season

Years
A good day for everyone then in relation to football. That must be a big confidence boost for both of your sides, scoring five against a team like Cardiff and scoring five after a bad run with Adams.

I think I'd be happy with five points in the remaining three games to finish the year even though that would knock us down a few places I imagine.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
A good day for everyone then in relation to football. That must be a big confidence boost for both of your sides, scoring five against a team like Cardiff and scoring five after a bad run with Adams.

I think I'd be happy with five points in the remaining three games to finish the year even though that would knock us down a few places I imagine.
Scoring five is never a bad thing expecially given Cardiff were in the Premier League just last season with out next match being Blackpool I think we should be top of the league at christmas but before that we have a little home game against Liverpool in our first cup quater final.

To be honest think we are going to give Liverpool one of their hardest matches of their season on fire and unbeaten in 13 matches, last year wasn't on this form and gave them a real good match.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Wonder how much of the last two games has been down to Phelan, we've certainly been far more solid off the ball.

Next up Derby away, that'll be a real test of this new found confidence. Then home against Millwall and away to Reading to finish the year. Good result at Derby could be massive.

Years
Scoring five is never a bad thing expecially given Cardiff were in the Premier League just last season with out next match being Blackpool I think we should be top of the league at christmas but before that we have a little home game against Liverpool in our first cup quater final.

To be honest think we are going to give Liverpool one of their hardest matches of their season on fire and unbeaten in 13 matches, last year wasn't on this form and gave them a real good match.

Liverpool have been pretty lucky to get that far and they struggled a bit against us so I can definitely see you possibly winning.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Norwich City Academy ‏@NorwichCityAcad

We are pleased to announce that we've now got 6,600 fans coming to the U21 game v @LFC on Weds @ryanbennett_22 will be making his comeback!

Norwich City Academy ‏@NorwichCityAcad

This crowd will mean that @NorwichCityFC will now have had the two highest U21 attendances in @premierleague history.

We do love free stuff here here in Norfolk.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Liverpool have been pretty lucky to get that far and they struggled a bit against us so I can definitely see you possibly winning.
I agree very lucky against Boro at that was at Anfield, I am probably more confident than I should be mind but that says it all. Bournemouth being able to beat Liverpool in a cup 1/4 final shows how far we have come and seems unreal just saying it.

If we win drawing Southampton in the semis would just be perfect and 2 excellent matches

Although I am hearing Eddie Howe might make changes to our lineup for the match probably the same team that beat West Brom our 2nd squad

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'm interested to see how the non league teams will get on in the FA cup. Best of luck to all of them; I'm hoping for a few surprises because it will give the minnows a lot of money should they progress far enough. I mean, look at what happened to Bradford in the Capital One Cup final against Swansea... They gained promotion that year as well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Sheffield United beat Southampton and are in the semi final, I swear if we beat Liverpool and draw them......... THE DREAM IS ON

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I want most FA cup games to be memories like this one.... Right back in 2008. I still remember this today.

Barnsley even beat Chelsea in the Quarter Finals as well but lost out against Cardiff in the Semis. Love seeing giant killers in the FA cup though :D

Back