• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Well that was certainly unexpected.

What a result and two goals for Leadbitter puts him straight back among the top scorers after not scoring for a while. It's watching matches like this unfold which make me impatient in relation to getting back through those Riverside turnstiles. Hopefully I can go to some games over the Christmas period. Then again if these are the results we get when I don't turn up maybe I was bad luck all along.

I would say if I were in charge at Norwich now then Adams would need to be considered over the next three games. Of course it doesn't look like he is doing too badly right now, but if there is just that feeling that he isn't then right manager then his position should probably be considered. If you drag your feet when sacking the manager in this league then you tend to stay down. We'll skip over the fact that I support a team that has been stuck here for years after sacking an inexperienced manager who was doing a reasonable job early on in the season.

Based on how Boro form usually works, I would expect a win against Bournemouth followed by a small run of bad form, a little recovery over christmas and then complete capitulation in 2015.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Well top spot right now just seems cursed every time a side hits the top they go on a run of losing matches so not sure you will want to beat us.....
    Lets just take a 1-1 draw and pass the curse on the Derby ;)

Not looking forward to playing Middlesbrough really think were going to lose because this run has to end sometime

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    You are the one at fault for picking Rovers. They will always disappoint.

Not as disappointing as Norwich were last night. I'll take a 2-2 over a 4-0 beating any day.

Really surprising to see Anderlecht come from 3-0 down to equalise 3-3. I think at 3-0 down the draw was around the 50-1 mark.

Man City v CSKA Moscow tonight. I'm going for a 2-1 win for CSKA. Man City just don't prove their worth in the Champions League, so I feel CSKA will take advantage of that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Got the City vs CSKA game on I think City will win 2-0
    In the other games Bayern will win 2-0, fancy Ajax to get something vs Barca, Chelsea will win 3-0

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Got the City vs CSKA game on I think City will win 2-0
    In the other games Bayern will win 2-0, fancy Ajax to get something vs Barca, Chelsea will win 3-0

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Lol, guess who was right? CSKA win 2-1! I would have loved to have seen 3-1 after City were reduced to 9 men. I told you, City just don't have what it takes in the Champions League!

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Lol, guess who was right? CSKA win 2-1! I would have loved to have seen 3-1 after City were reduced to 9 men. I told you, City just don't have what it takes in the Champions League!
    I only got one game correct, thank goodness I don't bet on football matches. The ref was shocking tonight mind don't think he will ref a Champions League match again. City litreally fell apart but I guess thats what happen when you try to buy the Champions League none of your players really care for the club.

Years
  • There just seems to be a mental block in the City dressing room when it comes to Europe. I'm sure players like Kompany & Hart definitely care about the club and I would bet long term players like Silva, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero, Kolarov etc. would have some interest in seeing them do well too, but they just don't seem cut out for it despite clearly having enough talent.

There's still a small chance they'll progress anyway, but as you both say there's a major problem there.

Years
  • Even if Manchester City do progress to the last 16 by some miracle they'll meet some club like Real Madrid and be promptly knocked out.

The only chance they'll win a European silverware is if they get knockd down to Europa League and win that.

Years
  • Is Sturridge fit yet? Actually I'd rather have him remain unfit and take his time until the 22nd instead of going to the Euro Circus auditions and getting injured there.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • >russell martin at right back
    >suddenly look somewhat competent

THANK YOU ADAMS

edit - sometimes all you can do is laugh.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Point gained with a 0-0 draw against Boro no longer top of the league but would of taken a draw any day, still in the automatic spots (probably not for long)

Starting to think if Southampton keep going they could actually make the Champions League..... Man City :lol:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-coach-mark-robson-departs-2073993.aspx

This feels like scapegoating.

At least it will let us dream for a while. Adams moved down to coach and Tony Pulis in as manager. I did say dream.

2015 regens are 2cool.
    VkgFydv.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • A point is far from what we wanted against Bournemouth, but it's far better than a demoralising loss I guess. I just hope the second half of the season slide isn't inevitable this year.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-coach-mark-robson-departs-2073993.aspx

This feels like scapegoating.

At least it will let us dream for a while. Adams moved down to coach and Tony Pulis in as manager. I did say dream.

2015 regens are 2cool.
    VkgFydv.png

If only managers accepted being moved down in role these days, you could indeed dream.

I haven't played 2015 yet, but I think Edgar Davids' virtual form is going to start feeling a lot less unique.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Regens even take part in 'movember' nowadays. Truly the greatest addition to the franchise yet.

On the topic of games, I think it was me ahead by 48 in FF. Not sure how this is even happening, I'm always bottom third in these things.

Years
  • I can only imagine Movember making them look even more weird, but it's a nice touch.

It seems I've clawed my way up to 4th, I've played my wildcard and made eight changes in the hope of accelerating my catch up.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Greece beaten by the Faroe Islands at home. How embarassing for Greece. XD

Also, no other surprises happened tonight.

Back