• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hi !

I added you on skype (hope you don't mind), because I'm ready to start a Full translation of the game for your French Speaking player.

I hope you are OK, and take contact with me asap, because I really want to do it!

Thanks!
    I guess just translation is no problem, because someone already translated it into Chinese language. I saw some Chinese hackers share the title screen raw to LC.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • I've tested a few Rom Hacks together with my friends and we found a bug similar to the other hacks we have tested.

Bug Description: Saves Break After a Link Connection
    Emulator Used: My Boy! (Bluetooth Multiplayer, Link Remote, Android)

Note: For those who are not aware, the My Boy! emulator lets you emulate the link connection similar to the Gameboy Advance system.

For some reason the items in the bag breaks after a link connection. "???" can be seen on select items which seems to be the sign of the game breaking after a connection. We tried looking for secondary solutions but reporting the bug is our only way.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • This might sound silly but is there any plans do add the alola pokémons?
    Honestly, never say never because:
    3/21/2017 UPDATE:
    Well guys, it's finally happened. This new update has finally broken me. I am at a complete lost, and it is seriously ticking me off. I'm so sick of people asking the same question, again, and again, AND AGAIN. So, in order for people to need to honestly shut the [censored] up, 7th gen AND Alola forms WILL be in the next game update. However, the update will NOT be out until the following happens:
    1. Someone gives me an ROM with ALL of the Kanto tilesets within the game WITHOUT REPLACING.
    2. The Upgraded Emerald Battle Engine updated to gen 7, with all moves and abilities working PERFECTLY, including animations.
    3. PC Storage System HAS to be extended from 14 to 32.

Until all of those features are indeed a thing, this game will be POSTPONED until further notice. Good job, guys! YOU'RE FINALLY GETTING GEN 7!! WE SHOULD ALL BE HAPPY ABOUT THAT. Cheers everyone! ;) -LC

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Honestly, never say never because:
    3/21/2017 UPDATE:
    Well guys, it's finally happened. This new update has finally broken me. I am at a complete lost, and it is seriously ticking me off. I'm so sick of people asking the same question, again, and again, AND AGAIN. So, in order for people to need to honestly shut the [censored] up, 7th gen AND Alola forms WILL be in the next game update. However, the update will NOT be out until the following happens:
    1. Someone gives me an ROM with ALL of the Kanto tilesets within the game WITHOUT REPLACING.
    2. The Upgraded Emerald Battle Engine updated to gen 7, with all moves and abilities working PERFECTLY, including animations.

Until all of those features are indeed a thing, this game will be POSTPONED until further notice. Good job, guys! YOU'RE FINALLY GETTING GEN 7!! WE SHOULD ALL BE HAPPY ABOUT THAT. Cheers everyone! ;) -LC

So basically you can't figure it out yourself so you want other people to do the work for you?

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    3/21/2017 UPDATE:

I try to help you that if I can:
    Kanto tilesets probably need to relocate all offset of tilset then add the addtional offset. Is it useful?
    Z move system has not cracked it, so it requires a period of time.
    PC Storage system I think try to ask who figured out 1-14 background in 1-14 box, he may be able to help you.

Trainer 766

So basically you can't figure it out yourself so you want other people to do the work for you?

He's already being really rational. He already said NO to gen 7 a few times. People kept asking the same questions OVER AND OVER AGAIN, and now they're getting it. It's what the players want, so you can't blame LC.

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    He's already being really rational. He already said NO to gen 7 a few times. People kept asking the same questions OVER AND OVER AGAIN, and now they're getting it. It's what the players want, so you can't blame LC.
    I guess some players are not come from US, so they don't know the US culture. In US, they are sensible to regard the other people, if a person cannot accept the other people's project such as drawing, game and etc, this person also shouldn't use bad response to attack the author. Especially the author has already consider to make 802 hack, so none of player have reason to argue anything with the author. When I released my hack, a few players always argue something with me, such as someone requires me draw the Pokemon image by myself completely, do not use other people resource patch and etc. If I reply please do not argue with that, because it is my hack, and I haven't steal any resource from other people without permission. Then someone use the bad sentences to attack me, and always said my hack is fake or steal other results in a lot of community. More badly is someone steal my photo and my personal information to attack other people, or cheat some internet friend's money, this kind of player's habit is very very unacceptable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    3/21/2017 UPDATE:

That's really a bad news I've ever heard
    Because I hate Gen 7
    And I love theta emerald just LC style unchanged
    Anyway I'll support as usual

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hello, guys, are you come from tieba? I think you know who is me. Before the 721 released, a lot of people ask when is the release date. the author has spent one year to finished 721 and release it. Then some of players always argue with the author for renewing 802, the author has already considered to renew 802. And you still reply the response which is you unaccept the author's setting, it will make the author thinks that "I shouldn't making any hack for players, because the players leave the requirements to me, I have spent too much time to realize it for players; Then some of players also disagree with my hack, I already considered to these players and continue to renew it; Finally, it also has some players disagree something with my hack, I think this kind of players may not know how to respect me, so I think cancel it at all is the best choice,it can prevent to I waste too much time and get the not good feedback, the time spent is not valuable."

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    That's really a bad news I've ever heard
    Because I hate Gen 7
    And I love theta emerald just LC style unchanged
    Anyway I'll support as usual
    Hey, guys, I know you are exactly come from tieba, please do not say "that's really a bad news", because you don't like Gen7, but the other people like Gen7, After LC released the 802, it will have different versions, such as 650, 721 and 802, if you don't like Gen7, you can still play 721, thanks you. Make 802 or not is decided by the author.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • He's already being really rational. He already said NO to gen 7 a few times. People kept asking the same questions OVER AND OVER AGAIN, and now they're getting it. It's what the players want, so you can't blame LC.
    The point is that he should not be demanding people do it for him.

Last edited:

Leandro Zam

Brasileiro
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Good morning Guys, first I want to thank the creator of the game and its helpers (if there is one). I'm getting in touch because I'm done in competitive battles, so I started playing and when I was breeding I discovered that Everstone no longer goes to nature for the egg, would it be possible to correct this? Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    3/21/2017 UPDATE:

Omg at first I misread this as "all of these features have been added" and I was impressed as hell haha.

You have a lot of work to do but it's possible, and if you pull it off you'll be the first. I'd start by contacting azurile13 about his nameless firered engine and anything you can just port over (although I think he's been inactive for quite a while now). As for the tileset… I honestly think your best bet is importing the maps into emerald and then replacing the broken tiles with the correct pieces from emerald, it's brute-force but it'll be easier than figuring out how to add a full second tileset (with a different art style that wouldn't match anyway). Maybe talk to the creator of shiny gold sigma too? He seems pretty knowledgeable and might be able to help with tilesets

I don't know ANYTHING about box size though and its my understanding that very few people know about how it works.

Good luck though man. This is probably the most ambitious hack I've seen and I'd really love to see it come to fruition

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Omg at first I misread this as "all of these features have been added" and I was impressed as hell haha.

You have a lot of work to do but it's possible, and if you pull it off you'll be the first. I'd start by contacting azurile13 about his nameless firered engine and anything you can just port over (although I think he's been inactive for quite a while now). As for the tileset? I honestly think your best bet is importing the maps into emerald and then replacing the broken tiles with the correct pieces from emerald, it's brute-force but it'll be easier than figuring out how to add a full second tileset (with a different art style that wouldn't match anyway). Maybe talk to the creator of shiny gold sigma too? He seems pretty knowledgeable and might be able to help with tilesets

I don't know ANYTHING about box size though and its my understanding that very few people know about how it works.

Good luck though man. This is probably the most ambitious hack I've seen and I'd really love to see it come to fruition
    I think the next version will spend at least 1-2 years, plus Z system will spend at least 1 year to crack, so it may not be finished until in 2020. But in 2020, Gen 8 will be released by gamefreak, so some of players will argue with the author for Gen 8, it will lead to the author become renew and renew forever. The author will have to spend whole life for hacking if he wants to realize all of players expect. I don't know is the LC in US? If yes, I know US university's course is required students study very very hard, and have to spend too much time on improve the grade, some of players are younger than LC, so they may not know what is the US undergraduate student's life. When I study in UA's undergraduate, I have spent too much time on figure out how to do the features on hack, then I haven't enough time on writing paper for A grade, so the result is I am very difficult to apply for the master. Also, I had give up several times for making girl friend, because I used these time on hack, it about 2 years. I remember this is my strong heart hurt in sophomore, a girl asks me to be her boyfriend, but I spend these time on hack, so I rare to contact with her that another guy has successfully get her heart. When I love with her, I always clip her face especially when she is smiling or blushing, I usually scrath her face very gently, but that guy has the opposite ideas with me, he thinks touch girlfriend face is damaging her sweet smiling, so he never touch her face in anytime, I feeling very hurt when I saw this, that I suggest LC needn't miss the chance to make a girlfriend for a few of younger players, because it is impossible to realize all of player's expect, please do not became the second me.
    Pokemon hack is just a interested thing, not a task. I don't think so someone should give up the chance for making girlfriend, give up have a trip on holiday. In the future, the gamefreak will add more system in pokemon hack, it will lead to harder and harder for cracking, the GBA hack is impossible to better than the newest generation of real Pokemon games from gamefreak.

Last edited:

Arceus327

Devotee of our Lord and Savior, Lord Helix.
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jul 23, 2017
    My game gets stuck when an opponent uses Switcheroo.
    (To be specific, when a Plusle/Minun uses Switcheroo in a double battle near the Trick Master's house)

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Has anyone else been able to successfully patch it? I have yet to. I've tried like 15 times before I gave up and downloaded an already patched rom.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    The point is that he should not be demanding people do it for him.

No, the point is that people should not be demanding and asking over and over and over and over again for things that LC has already addressed, and should instead show appreciation, help report bugs, or volunteer to help add those things they so desperately want.

So, sure, LC will add all those wonderful things they want to the game, once they get it all done and pass it on to him. :)

Back