• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Background:
It's been over a year since I really updated the original Theta Emerald, with only 650 Pokémon. Then I released an alpha of Theta Emerald EX...which I still hate to this day. I wanted to recreate the game, start from scratch, and start over. That's what I did, and now I can finally that the new Theta Emerald EX is officially released!

Features:
-721 Pokémon: Every Pokémon from Bulbasaur, all the way to Volcanion, is in this game, and they are all available to catch!
-600+ Moves: All moves (up to Gen VI) are in the game, and work as they do in Gen 6!
-Proper Physical/Special Split: I mean, why not?!
-100+ Abilities: All abilities (up to Gen VI) are in the game, and work as they do in Gen 6!
-Fairy-type: Fairy-type has been included, and given to their respective Pokémon and moves!
-New/Updated Items: There are battle ready items to collect, where they can be bought, or found on wild Pokémon!
-Item Pocket Extension: I couldn't find a better way to say it. The Main Items Pocket has been extended to hold 200+ Items!
-100+ REUSABLE TMs: How else can I describe it haha!
-Proper Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion: I hated the way Mega Evolutions were in the dumb alpha, so it works as intended now!
-Battle Frontier Updated: I did this for the fun of it. The Battle Frontier has no limits to which Pokémon you bring (You can use your Mega Rayquaza holding a Life Orb). But the Trainers there are allowed to use them as well ;)
-Running Indoors: Way more convenient, in my opinion.
-New Repel System: Instead of hunting through your bag for a Repel, the game will ask you if you want to use another one!
-Gain EXP from capturing a Pokémon: Now with no more Pokédex glitch!
-Deletable HMs: THANK GOD!
-Level 1 Eggs: No other way to describe this!
-New Battle Backgrounds: It makes it look a little more updated!
-Harder Difficulty (as of 2-5-2017): I've received complaints of the game being too easy, so the game has been adjusted accordingly.
-Level 250 (as of 2-5-2017): 7.8/10 too much level

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Glitches:
Spoiler:
Not glitches:

• Lack of animation of some moves. (They will be done as time goes on)
  • Lack of form/forme changes. (They will be done as time goes on)
Credits:
-DizzyEgg/KDS: For dealing with my annoying nature and helping me, and their Emerald Battle Engine
-MrDollSteak: Gen 6 Pokémon Sprites
-Chaos Rush: DS-Styled sprites (Gen 1-5), and his patch changing some of the palettes to Ruby
-Sky High/SBird: Pokémon Expansion
-Starfall321: Item/TM Pocket Expansion/Extension
-Blue: Editing the rest of the Trainers that I did not have the time to edit
-PurpleOrange: For showing me how to make the National Dex available at the beginning of the game
-Drayano: For using his Rising Ruby and Sinking Sapphire as a base
-Game Freak: For using Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for the location of items and TMs ;)
(If I forgot to credit anyone, let me know)

Disclaimer:
THIS WILL NOT BE MODIFIED UNLESS THEY ARE FIXES FOR THE GAME. THEN PM ME ON HOW TO FIX THOSE PROBLEMS AND I'LL UPDATE THE GAME. ANY ILLEGAL CHANGES POSTED ONLINE WILL LEAD TO SUDDEN CANCELLATION AND DELETION OF THIS GAME, INCLUDING UPDATES. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. IF YOU WANT TO DO A PLAYTHROUGH (LET'S PLAY, RANDOMIZER, NUZLOCKE, ETC.) ON YOUTUBE, PLEASE CREDIT ME.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t9tcxmaj1o7j15o/Theta_Emerald_EX_2-27-2017.rarhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/dmrg301f373aa37/Theta+Emerald+EX+2-12-2017.rar

Includes:
-Patch of the game
-Patcher application (click Ignore checkbox when patching)

Happy playing, my friends :)

I'm making a rom hack of my own and I wanna add 810 pokemon from gen 1-7. How do I add more pokemon to it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
So, I used this patch known as Dynamic Emerald Attack Rombase that adds about 621 moves into my rom hack. It works fine. I patched it along with other patches such as the recolor for emerald, the exp. all patch, and the ones that fix the animations and adds updated icons. But after three battles, the game starts to freeze t the fourth battle, but the music is still going on. What did I do wrong? Which one of the patches did I use that caused this bug? And is there way to fix it?

Back