• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Yeh, my script works fine, I recieve everything, the only problem is that the sprites don't disappear until I leave the map. They remain on the map until I leave the building and go back.

This is because the map needs to be reloaded for the ID's to take place.

There is a certain binary movement that allows a sprite to dissapear, it is #binary 0x60.

Another option is to, do a fadescreen 0, right before the end of your script. If everything is released and done correctly, Fadescreen will in-essence reload the screen, which will make the ID take effect. It'll be a blink and they'll be gone.

:)

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
I think I screwed it up. Now, when I enter the city with the guy in it, the game freezes. Herte is my script after adding the changes you suggested:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Is there a way to make a script where a person checks for an item, and if you have it, they move or in this case go inside a building?

So.... can anyone do this for me?

Years
So.... can anyone do this for me?

I'm not sure why the game would freeze. Unless you put the script into a trigger event instead of a person event. On your second quetion. There is a checkitem command. I'll show where her tutorial on this is.
The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussion > Emulation > ROM hacking > Documents and Tutorials > Pokescript Tutorials

In the tutorial it is found under 2. I'll give you this for this!
Hope that this helps.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
thethethethe and destinedjagold. i have a kind of solution to the dissapearing sprites. in the script when you want the sprite to dissapear you set the flag of the people id as usaul and then you add this:

applymovement 0x(people number) $dissapear

then add this after the main script:

#org $dissapear
$dissapear 1 ; #binary 0x60 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0xFE

if you wondered why i put lots of running up movements is because 0x60 makes the sprite dissaper but its still there and is in the way so i move it. You can add whatever movements you want. when you next come back in the room the sprite is gone because of the setflag.
i hope this helpped anyone or if anyone has a easyer solution then please tell me.
sorry for any spelling problems. can somone please tell me how to activate the script in firered where your mum gives you the running shoes please.
thanks in advance

Last edited:

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
linkandzelda can you make the sprite disappear after the Squirtle joins your party in the below script by thethethethe.

Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
thethethethe and destinedjagold. i have a kind of solution to the dissapearing sprites. in the script when you want the sprite to dissapear you set the flag of the people id as usaul and then you add this:

applymovement 0x(people number) $dissapear

then add this after the main script:

#org $dissapear

if you wondered why i put lots of running up movements is because 0x60 makes the sprite dissaper but its still there and is in the way so i move it. You can add whatever movements you want. when you next come back in the room the sprite is gone because of the setflag.
i hope this helpped anyone or if anyone has a easyer solution then please tell me.
sorry for any spelling problems. can somone please tell me how to activate the script in firered where your mum gives you the running shoes please.
thanks in advance

Hey thanks! I'll try this one out! Thanks again!

linkandzelda

Years
gold tom
i did the script and it works plus i added the fanfare when you receive the pokemon. if you dont want the fanfare then remove this from the script: fanfare0x13E

heres the script:

#org $start
checkflag 0x201
if B_true goto $done
lock
faceplayer
message $squirt
boxset 6
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if B_true goto $full
givepokemon 7 5 0
fanfare 0x13E
applymovement 0x04 $dissapear
message $poke
boxset 6
setflag 0x201
release
end

#org $full
message $error
boxset 6
release
end

#org $done
lock
faceplayer
message $poke3
boxset 6
release
end

#org $dissapear

#org $squirt
$squirt 1 =SQUIRTLE gives you a longing\nlook

#org $poke
$poke 1 =You recieved a SQUIRTLE!

#org $error
$error 1 =Your party is full.

#org $poke3
$poke3 1 =How's my old SQUIRTLE.

its been tested and compiles with pokescript.

hope it helps

Years
gold tom
i did the script and it works plus i added the fanfare when you receive the pokemon. if you dont want the fanfare then remove this from the script: fanfare0x13E

heres the script:

#org $start
checkflag 0x201
if B_true goto $done
lock
faceplayer
message $squirt
boxset 6
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if B_true goto $full
givepokemon 7 5 0
fanfare 0x13E
applymovement 0x04 $dissapear
pause 0x90
message $poke
boxset 6
setflag 0x201
release
end

#org $full
message $error
boxset 6
release
end

#org $done
lock
faceplayer
message $poke3
boxset 6
release
end

#org $dissapear

#org $squirt
$squirt 1 =SQUIRTLE gives you a longing\nlook

#org $poke
$poke 1 =You recieved a SQUIRTLE!

#org $error
$error 1 =Your party is full.

#org $poke3
$poke3 1 =How's my old SQUIRTLE.

its been tested and compiles with pokescript.

hope it helps

Sorry I found a little mistake.

the3rdhardyboy

trainer?
Years
could someone plz give me a script for firered were you from 3 pokemon in the lab the profs name is john and the starters are cyndaquil totodile and chikorita

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Use A-Starter and A-Text, they can be found in the Tools Section, you don't need a script, this is the wrong place.

YUP! There's a hacking program built for that job! I think its A-Starter. It's even with the programs PokeTronic, and POKEMON AMPLIFIER.

Eheheh. Enjoy hacking everyone!

Years
Can someone write for me some script? When my mother comes to room, (after setting a clock in pokemon Ruby), she do the same as before, but she gives me a Pokemon - Spinda lvl 5? I will be very pleased.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2008
*OOPS posted in wrong thread (gotta watch where I click lol)*
Mods, please delete this post.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
does anybody know how to do time based event scripts in fire red? any help will be good

thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
I'm requesting two scripts.

1. An item script (one in a pokeball) for a town map.

2. An edit of Daisy's script (Gary's sister) that instead of giving you a Town Map, she gives you Fresh Water.

Thanks in advance.

Years
I'm requesting two scripts.

1. An item script (one in a pokeball) for a town map.

2. An edit of Daisy's script (Gary's sister) that instead of giving you a Town Map, she gives you Fresh Water.

Thanks in advance.

Item script
Code:
#org $start
lock
giveitem (Insert item here) (Number of items)
message $item
boxset 6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $item
$item 1 =YOU RECIEVED A ?????

I'll give a script of mine that you can change for your needs. I changed the town map to fresh water.
Code:
#org $start
checkflag 0x828
if B_true goto $givemap
lock
faceplayer
message $oak
boxset 6
release
end

#org $givemap
checkflag 0x201
if B_true goto $done
lock
faceplayer
message $map
boxset 6
applymovement 0x02 $move
giveitem 0x1A 1
setflag 0x201
release
end

#org $done
lock
faceplayer
message $hi
boxset 6
release
end

#org $oak
$oak 1 =Prof. Oak wants to see\nyou.

#org $map
$map 1 =Here take the fresh water.\nYou'll need it.

#org $hi
$hi 1 =I hope you and \v\h06\nare enjoying yourselves.

#org $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x60 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0xFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back