• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minos Yewman

Banned
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I've searched and I don't think this has been answered.

I'm trying to hack Firered but I can't figure out how to use elitemap and advancemap says that 'file access is denied' when I try to access the rom. What should I do?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Hello people, I got some troubles with pokescript. I have no problems with compiling, but the result is somewhat odd. "Normal" text ends up as bunch of symbols (check attachment).

So, yeah, here's the script, I followed this tutorial -> pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3259752

Code:
    #org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $howareyou
    $howareyou 1 =Hey \v\h01!\nHows your journey going?
    boxset 6
    release
    end

So, what went wrong ?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Hello people, I got some troubles with pokescript. I have no problems with compiling, but the result is somewhat odd. "Normal" text ends up as bunch of symbols (check attachment).

So, yeah, here's the script, I followed this tutorial -> pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3259752

Code:
    #org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $howareyou
    $howareyou 1 =Hey \v\h01!\nHows your journey going?
    boxset 6
    release
    end

So, what went wrong ?

Try it this way.

#ORG $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $howareyou
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $howareyou
    $howareyou 1 = Hey \v\h01! \nHows your journey going?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    script help should even be posted here... :\
    But the glitch there is that there should be spaces around the '='...

$howareyou 1 =(you forgot to put space here)Hey \v\h01!\nHows your journey going?

Script questions should be posted in the scrapbox. ;)

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
  • I've searched and I don't think this has been answered.

I'm trying to hack Firered but I can't figure out how to use elitemap and advancemap says that 'file access is denied' when I try to access the rom. What should I do?

Erm the only thing I can think of is that you need to get a different Firered ROM. It's possible that there's something wrong with Firered ROM you downloaded.

Hey does anyone know where to get the latest version of Pokescript? I looked in the toolbox, but that's version 1.00, I remember seeing somewhere that I need something like 3.00 or something.
    Thanks for any help.

I don't see any difference between ver 1.00 and ver 1.2. I don't think there is any 3.0 o_o.
    Anyway 1.00 works just fine, you don't need the lastest.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
    Years
  • How do I change the color of a tile set if I make a new one, and if I make a new one how do I make it respond like a wall, door, stairs, tree, ect.

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • How do I change the color of a tile set if I make a new one, and if I make a new one how do I make it respond like a wall, door, stairs, tree, ect.

you have to pallette edit,use ape
    Idk about the second,I am going to try it

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    FHJoker said:
    How do I change the color of a tile set if I make a new one, and if I make a new one how do I make it respond like a wall, door, stairs, tree, ect.

To change the colour you have to use hex, and to change the tile effect you would probably need to search for the pointer, which I believe is near the pointer for where the tileset is located. If I remember xD

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    This is about the third firered rom I downloaded and none of them work on advancemap.

(YAY 100th post!!!!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks, but apparently this did not fixed the problem. It's not just this script, it turns out every script - even errorless - inserted into the game ends up full of blank spaces and pk signs. I tried redownloading the rom and pokescript. Nothing helped, it ends up always the same.

I guess that's the PokeScript from the dutch site, as it looks I'm not the only one with a problem like that.

My question, or more like request is : Does anyone know a other mirror to pokescript ? Or, if anyone got the pokescript downloaded from Irish's site, could you upload it to rapidshare or some site like that, then post the link ?

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
  • Does anyone know where I could get a working Sappy download?

Thanks, but apparently this did not fixed the problem. It's not just this script, it turns out every script - even errorless - inserted into the game ends up full of blank spaces and pk signs. I tried redownloading the rom and pokescript. Nothing helped, it ends up always the same.

I guess that's the PokeScript from the dutch site, as it looks I'm not the only one with a problem like that.

My question, or more like request is : Does anyone know a other mirror to pokescript ? Or, if anyone got the pokescript downloaded from Irish's site, could you upload it to rapidshare or some site like that, then post the link ?

For Sappy and Pokescript/PkmnAdvance download from here:
    Click me

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    FHJoker said:
    You do know that I was talking about Pokemon Gold, right. Anyways where is the offset to the tiles at?

Well I did, maybe you have to state the game you are hacking. The pointers start at 156BE.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back